Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Scooby and Tikis on "Spooky Island"

Pages: 1 3 replies

J
jtiki posted on Sat, Jun 15, 2002 6:04 AM

There is little reason to see the new Scooby Movie, unless you are a devoted fan. But, the majority of the action takes place on "Spooky Island," a theme park with a number Tiki pretensions. Somewhere in these pictures, you will see Velma sipping from a nasty little tiki mug.

http://promo.warnerbros.com/scoobydoo/thegang/velma_photos.html

Sorry if someone else has posted this info....Dairy Queen has the Scooby Doo toys in their kids meals. One of the toys is Shaggy and Scooby half inside a tiki. The tiki is actually kind of cool. You windup shaggy and scooby and then press the tiki's nose. This releases them and they spin like a top.

Erich Troudt

I recently watched this on DVD- it wasn't as bad as I expected. Seriously! And there were tikis everywhere, although they were thrown in indiscriminately amongst the voodoo/witch doctor-y stuff. There was even one scene where I swear I saw a tiki pole on the beach that looked like a suffering bastard...

Stefani

A few weeks ago in the Sunday Times funnies, Scooby & co were in Hawaii. Tikis seemed to litter the beaches, and Shaggy spewed out some poi, saying it was disgusting. The following week he added syrup or something to the poi, and ended up enjoying it.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 3 replies