Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Seeking artist for custom tiki artwork/poster

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

Hi all,

Like the subject says, I'm looking to hire someone for custom, work-for-hire, tiki artwork.

This will be a very specific tiki-bar-themed promotional poster for a product I'll be releasing soon. Any work must include the right to reprint the poster freely, as I'm looking to give this out to customers in (hopefully!) large numbers.

I know this may be an usual request, but I am happy to pay for quality work. I'm not looking for a freebie. Despite this, I've been turned down by Doug Horne, Dick Cherry, and a handful of other well- and lesser- known artists.

If you're just starting out, or looking for exposure, I believe this is the sort of project that would benefit both of us.

Please contact me here or via personal message if you or someone you know is interested.

Many thanks (from Oahu),

Terence

So, how is the hunt going? I am curious if you've already hired out the gig, or if you are still looking for art.

~Z

maybe if you posted more details
more artists would bite....

T

Hi all,

Oops, sorry! I didn't realize I had notifications off and PMs waiting! (How embarrassing.)

I've replied to a handful of PMs. I'm not quite ready to post more details here, only because I don't actually have the backed (site, shopping cart, etc.) quite ready yet, and don't want to announce until I do.

I promise to follow up with another post when the art's done, and the site is ready.

Terence

M

Ken, I talked to this guy, and actually recommended you, but I think he's looking for something a little more life-like than your typical artwork. he needs Doug Horne, but Doug doesn't do Commissions.

Maybe GROG???

T

I dont do computer graphics. I do airbrush and paint brush. Contact me if you are interested at [email protected]
thank you

On 2010-02-23 20:08, MauiTiki wrote:
he needs Doug Horne, but Doug doesn't do Commissions.

I do commissions I just don't do spec work.

On 2010-02-23 20:08, MauiTiki wrote:
Ken, I talked to this guy, and actually recommended you, but I think he's looking for something a little more life-like than your typical artwork.

I thought about Chongolio, but if LLT's stuff isn't right, I'm sure his won't suit, either.

http://www.smilingotis.com/

Here is someone I highly recommend! Russ did our wedding invitations. He did a wonderful job and was great to work with.

how about Jason-Iokona....whatever his TC name is.....
he can nail that realism you need
or Artosaurus....him too!
Robb Hamel hits that realism
as well as TikiShark...
GROG is lazy and won't get it done til doomsday....
BigToe takes every and any commission thrown his way-try him!
Try them fellahs!
and Good luck!
:)

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses.

I did find someone (Eric October) to create a poster, and he's done a wonderful job. We'll be revealing it soon; when the website's finally complete, which will probably be just after the event at Trader Vic's LA:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34092&forum=17&start=60&68

(If you want to know more about what the poster was for, check out Trader Vic's Los Angeles location on the 25th!)

Thanks again!

Terence

T

Hi all,

For those of you who'd be asking me about the iTiki cases for iPhone, my brother says the site ( http://www.tikicase.com ) is all fixed up now, and accepting orders. :)

Thanks for your patience!

Terence

Pages: 1 12 replies