Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Welcome to the Tiki Gallery

Pages: 1 23 replies

I've heard over the years that a lot of people who aren't themselves artisans don't visit the Creating Tiki forums because there's too much "shop talk" and it's difficult as an admirer to find finished works.

So I've created this forum to have a gallery of sorts, so that the artists can hang out in the studio (Creating Tiki) and talk shop, and people who want to show off their finished works can post to the gallery.

A few guidelines:

Post your OWN artwork only!
This is a place for artists to show off their own finished pieces. If you're not the artist, don't post the pictures!

You don't HAVE to post finished pieces to the Gallery.
You can keep posting them to creating if you want, especially to finish off a work-in-progress thread.

Expect criticism.
Think of this as a real gallery! When you put your work on display, you're inviting people to take in your art, and that will generate feedback.

Keep criticism constructive.
I believe you can always tell the truth and be polite at the same time. If you don't think you can, don't say anything. I am in no way asking you to lie! Just be considerate when phrasing your opinions.

Don't hijack topics.
This means two things: If someone wants to create a topic specifically for their art, let them, and keep posts there about their art. And also, don't turn a topic into a how-to. Q&A about a piece is fine, but this is the showroom. Artists: feel free to link to a corresponding Creating Tiki topic if you have one over there.

It's an experiment, and we'll see it works out!

Welcome!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2010-02-22 17:24 ]

OGR

Hanford, Great idea, Thanks.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 22, 2010 5:05 PM

I think its a good idea my thread is posted...

Hey, this is new too - COOL!

HEY!
I'm on board!
MAHALO!

Well, well, well. You've been busy!
Thanks for making this the best board on the web!

WooHoo, sweet!

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-02-22 20:48 ]

P

thanks, hanford.

Thank you Hanford!
Tiki Central is growing
and seeking that perfect format!
Nice Job!
it will be cool to see whole bodies of work
by all these crazy talented kooks!

P

Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo - meet me at the Cove on Monday and I'll kiss your shoes and buy you a drink.

Too Cool Hanford!

can we have virtual gallery shows?

T

The TC 'ocean of info; has just gotten more navigational...Thanks hanford!

I'm starting my gallery this afternoon.

L

This idea is long overdue. Great addition to TC!

T

Wow! Tiki Central just gets better and better! Mahalo Hanford for the new additions, and all yer hard work!!!

B

blah blah blah...post some of that tasty work, Tabunga!!!

T

OK Toe, Posted!

Here's a question... should artists update their first, original post with new stuff, and update the subject line, or make new replies when adding new artwork?

I guess updating the original post makes sense, that way all the work stays together?

T

On 2007-06-02 14:35, teaKEY wrote:

On 2007-04-27 14:18, Feelin' Zombified wrote:

On 2007-04-27 13:54, Humuhumu wrote:

Creating Tiki has never been about showcasing great stuff...

then by all means, start a Great Stuff Showcase forum.

I think that this is a great idea. I'm one of those Magazine guys over a book guy, cause I like tons of pictures. Usually a good picture will draw me in to read or wanting to know about it.

There are so many good pics scattered around TC and TC is probably the best place for top/ interesting tiki photos. I'm proposing a Showcase thread in Collecting with member's top two or three(if different mediums)maybe four pics of what they think is their best work.

Just to open this up to many more TCers, collector top commissions (2or3) and/or top finds.

And they said it wouldn't work

Tobunga, Your idea is best. I think that the art should all stay on the original post for easy scrolling. I've fixed mine.

Hanford, just a huge thank you for making this possible. Wendy

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 13, 2010 9:43 AM

GROG agree, also. GROG add new stuff to the post on the first page so the "gallery" is all in one place on the first page, and GROG delete out the "date edited", so there's not a crapload of "dates edited" at the bottom of the post.
That way, when people add comments to the thread, your work doesn't get scattered throughout several pages, and people don't have to search through your thread to see all your work.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 13, 2010 9:45 AM

Double post, TC must have been running slow or something.

[ Edited by: grog 2010-04-23 13:41 ]

Great idea folks! I will fix mine soon.

Z

Absotively, Posilutely Brilliant.

bump!

Pages: 1 23 replies