Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Kirby's Gallery pg1

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 22, 2010 5:03 PM

Here is a collection of my art!!!Feel free to make comments!!
moai mosaic for the book of tiki 10 year aniversary art show!!

Carved on the beach under a palm tree, inspired by paradise!

and this is a new 5 foot ku

New pendant

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3247/4d63d18f.jpg[
Tonga Hut Mug
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/11327/4cfd5359.jpg)

"Gilligan" another scrap wood painting

The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed...
another scrap wood painting

"Wanna Be a lono"

Bamboo Koo

Mr.Bamboo teef

Bride and groom pendants

some pendants

Tiki yaki orchestra usb pendant with stand

TeethGrabber

![](http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/kirbyisme/coconutmonkeypndnt.jpg[/img
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/kirbyisme/parrotpndnt.jpg)

TongaHut Tiki pendant

curlydude

tikis

Tongahut bathroom signs

The guard

skullkap

Lomgtiki

These are hand painted with 18kt. solid gold leaf. only available at the tiki farm parking lot sale...

heres stoney

Tikis Treasures and Polynesian Pinups Pendant #1

Heads for sale

Next is a wall mask/shield also based on the tik outdide, it now hangs at the backdoor entrance..

Tiki kanoo

coconut monkey lucky penny pendant

more pendants

"kavakava skull keeper pendant"

paper tiki pendant

"Rumpus Room the pendant"

"Rumpus Room the Painting"

"Rumpus Room the 3ft Tiki"

Rice krispy moai

some paintings
"headhunter chick"

"babytangs revenge"

skullyvalcano

"Drifting along"

"eruption"

Londonluau

"the whiner"

close up

birdyhead

'Kon Tiki"

"Kirpolyboskiablo the painting"

Some old school kirby stuff

The Tonga Hut t-shirt design Grog helped ink

"Luau Long pig" collaboration with squid

Dune buggy

and this is my dunebugger pendant chillin on the gas filler

more to come!!!!

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Removed some "Edited Bys" - 2011-02-26 08:25 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2011-07-08 15:03 ]

S

There's some fantastic stuff in there kirby.

L

Rice crispy moai for the win!!!

next time...dip him in chocolate :wink:

Great body of work Kirby

fantastic work braddah! i dig da new forums.

I gotta tell ya, Kirby. I love all of your stuff, but that "Heads For Sale" may be my favorite TC art post EVER! I don't suppose there are prints of that around?

T

This new forum was a great idea....This thread is proof...all that great Kirby work in one post.

You really get a sense of The Kirb's style...LOVE it !

Soooo Rad to be able to see the culmination
of all those hours!
If you scroll down reeeeal fast
You can actually see your style evolving
like a movie!
Awesome!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2010-02-23 07:54 ]

wow amazing stuff there Kirby.
Some of it, I have never seen.
and some I had forgotten about.

Jeff(btd)

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 9:15 AM

KIRBY - YOU BADASS MOTHERF***ER!

too bad it takes like a minute for the 100+ images to download :lol:

TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2010-02-23 11:22 ]

Incredible body of work my friend. Very original and inspirational.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 2:20 PM

mucho mahalo people, Its great to have alot of my art under one roof, and this also gave me a chance to repost alot of the stuff that got lost in the big shutterfly crash..
Big Kahuna..No prints that I know of laying around although I did do some years ago, If i do more i will let you know!!!

T

WOW! Go Kirby go!!!
I have not seen MOST of your work posted here! Awesome stuff! Great to see it all collected in one place! The Lucky TIki stuff is incredible!

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 9:08 PM

Thanks tobunga...The lucky tiki pieces are a couple of my favs as well they hold realy great memory's of the lucky tiki days, How I miss that place, I met alot of great friends there!! unfortunately The painting was stolen right of the wall and I believe the wooden piece is in a storage unit sumwhere, hopfuly the lucky tiki will reopen and I will get to see it again...

Don't hold your breath waiting for the Lucky Tiki to open.
:(

Jeff(btd)

Nice work, I got a soft spot for those Moai's.

Scrolling through your art was a really fun ride. Wendy

TT

Awesome, totally awesome! Alright Fleming!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 25, 2010 9:31 AM

Is that supposed to be me?

TT

On 2010-02-25 09:31, kirby wrote:
Is that supposed to be me?

No, Jeff Spicoli is just telling you how awesome your stuff is.
You can be him if you want, you'll just have to grow out that bad haircut though.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 25, 2010 5:58 PM

Nice one!!!

P

You are all over the place. Very refreshing work.
The flash drive tikis are sheer genius.

My personal favs are the long, thin Moai. That's one of the coolest interpretations of that design I've seen. I'd love to have one of those about 7 feet tall.

Sheesh, this forum is tiring to think of all the work that went into these creations.

B

Holy Crap Kirbs! i'm with Tabunga. a lot i havent seen! and yeah, as kinny says, ur skills are sky-rocketing.

impressive body of work!!!

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 26, 2010 7:15 PM

Thanks again guys...A few updates at the bottom of pg 1

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 26, 2010 7:47 PM

Good job, Kirbs.

GROG add some to page 1 of GROG'thread, too.

:up: Click on the caveman to go there. :)

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-03-29 12:06 ]

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 26, 2010 7:55 PM

On 2010-02-26 19:47, GROG wrote:
Good job, Kirbs.

GROG add some to page 1 of GROG' url=http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35620&forum=21&start=0&26][/ur] thread, too.

Click on the caveman above to go there.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-02-26 19:49 ]

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-02-26 19:50 ]

Ha!!! Grog try and take over kirbys thread because hes a jealous and it backfired.. Thats why cave men went extinct in the 1930s

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2010-02-26 19:58 ]

Kirby ur insane ,Crazy werk man any time you wanna do another Blond or Brunett its Sold .

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Mar 1, 2010 7:58 AM

damn Kirbs...love your mind man.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Mar 1, 2010 7:17 PM

Thanks babalu, coming from you that means a ton.
Jymmy Hopefully some day i will get around too doin another one, sorry ive been slackin on that!!

B

I liked it all but I wanted to say how much I liked the pictures with the matching frames - those were fun. However, that rice krispy Moai was Da Bomb! LOL There needs to be a "food that looks like Tiki" forum - rice krispies, cheetos, meatloaf...?! Did you eat it?

I had never seen that lil kitty hut!
Too cool!
Your art always has smiles in it
whether the characters are smiling or not...
Doesn't look like you'll be stopping soon!
:)

K
kirby posted on Tue, Mar 2, 2010 8:16 AM

Beadtiki The matching framed pieces are spawned from a few difrent thing 1 being I could not find any cool frames that would fit my goto canvas size of 12x24..and 2 I was always inpressed with monkeymans handcarved frames he made for other artists paintings like Tikitony and flounder... The frame delema was another reason I Began acualy Incorperating the frame in the accual paintings themselves(example)

I agree there should be a food tiki thread. Go ahead and start it!And yes the the rice Krispie moai did get eaten!!!
"Quote frome The tiki wonderland iv thread"
Kirby's winning rice crispy treat moai (after BTD bit the head off)

The ritual sacrifice of the crispai (before being doled out the waiting masses..):

Thamks LLT This is acualy an "american girl doll" bed I made for my niece(teeneewahine).She loves Tiki..

And about the "smiles" in my art, Its kinda strange because ive always been a fan of the darker side of tiki but I guess its a juxtapose of how I realy feel!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2010-03-02 08:37 ]

That is the KEWLLLLLEST kat gig Kirby wow just Love it man , Ur the KATS MEOW Kirby ! .

B

LOL - I'm glad you ate the Moai - you could say you were "grocking" him! My husband thought you should have shellacked it - can you imagine how much shellack you would have to use and then he'd weigh a TON!

The doll bed is sweet! I live in the Seattle area and was looking at Craigslist - there was a guy selling his daughter's bed he had made in the "Tiki" style - it was really cute but I didn't need it and couldn't afford it if I DID!

I like the idea of painting the frame into the picture - kills two birds with one stone! My dad carvves, but he's into carving old world santas, so Tiki isn't his "thing" but my sister got him to carve two plaques for me for Xmas 2 years ago and he carved them with "built-in" frames. He used a go-by my sister gave him so they're not "originals" but I love them more than anything else in my Tiki arsenal!

Thanks for sharing with all of us :)

C

I've said it before and I say it again, you have a lot of personality in your work, that's something you can't learn. Seeing everything together, it shows even more.

It was like the Kirby history channel! One of my favorites that you didn't post was the rolled paper tiki necklace that you handed out at a function. I thought it was clever and cool! Keep up your art even if you are a new Dad!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2010 8:16 PM

Thanks bananabob and clarita ...Bob are you talkin about the paper tiki pendant?

[ Edited by: kirby 2010-03-04 20:17 ]

great guy and great artist. I'm honored to have several of your pieces!

You have done quite a few pieces, my friend! It took almost my entire lunch break to go through them all!

BT

Wow, only got half way through page 1 so far and haven't seen anything I didn't like...will be back

On 2010-03-04 20:16, kirby wrote:
Thanks bananabob and clarita ...Bob are you talkin about the paper tiki pendant?

That's the one, I think it is so clever! I love Tiki for the masses, Art deserves it's value but all should be able to have art, not just the rich.

M

Hi Kirby. New to this forum. I really LOVE your work, especially the wall artwork. Skulls and waves have a special place in my heart so I especially love Lomgtiki. I wish I made this! Wow, wow, wow, when will your website be in place or is it my computer?

E2

genial !!!be kool ..

T

Love the new stuff, Kirby!
The tiki doll bed is a work or genius! Every little kid should have one! The drumming marq pendant is fantastic! When did you do that one? Also love the parrot and the painting of the incredibly long legs in heels! Heck, love it all!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 28, 2010 9:06 AM

thanks e , I carved the drummer pendant around the time of one of the mayflower shows, I was inspired by a carving i saw in bot I remember it being a pain in my ass ,the hand broke of so I had to glue it back ...

P.S. A few updates top of page uno!!

C

been meaning to post this for a while...here's a great pic of a couple of kirby's super cool pieces helping to bring out the tiki vibe of my bedroom

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 14, 2010 8:07 AM

Nice pic . That little corner looks tiki cozy!!

Keep up the great work Kirby!

very kool Dude.

L

The Tonga Hut mug is impressive! Look forward to getting one of those for sure.

Kirby is that the only mug you have done? I think you need to branch out into more mug making.

Pages: 1 2 54 replies