Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Shirt Swap - Swap Names have been sent

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

Got my shirt a few days ago from Zero Tiki, seen here matched with a Bay Bark Buzzy Scrubs neclace.

Zero Tiki also made this nice Tiki Bob hand drawn note.

Thanks for the trade.

DC

Got my trade from Dustycajun today! A beautiful cotton Reyn Spooner with TIKIS! As well as great postcards and swizzle!

Got my trade from TikiPops a couple days ago! A cool and comfortable Royal Creations with TIKIS! Complete with a pair of fine swizzles!

I doubt either of you know how RARE it is to find Hawaiian shirts with TIKIS here in the midwest! These are FANTASTIC!

And I have to apologize for my lack of extra goodies in my outgoing trades. I was in a hurry to get them out knowing I was going to be busy in the following weeks and completely forgot. Sorry guys. Hopefully you'll like the shirts; I LOVE mine! THANKS!

Z

I know I loved mine, SilverLine!
Mahalo again!
~Zero

...of course, if you want to send extra stuff to me, I'll be happy to lighten yer load 'o' tiki...
:D

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-18 13:58 ]

Z

TackyTiki ~ just got your care package in the post!

It would take a team of wild horses equipped with crowbars to pry this amazingly cool shirt from me! The cards 'n'napkins are awesome as well...nice touch, putting the note on Peppermill letterhead...
MAHALO!!!!!
~Zero

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-29 10:55 ]

L

There are shirts going out this week ...

please let me know if you are still needing to ship

HOK

Mahalo Kahili Tiki :) Nice Toes on the Nose Hula Girl Nodder Shirt ...

Various Tiki Swag... Cool Crazy Al Signiture!

None that I have yet :) Freddie

I received my shirt from Silverline a few days ago. I was going to wait & post boyh of my trades at the same time, but #2 has not arrived yet. I must not wait any longer to thank Silverline for great shirt designed by Mieko from Honomu, Hawaii. Brad, Thanks for a cool shirt. I'm also glad you liked yours.
Mahalo, Mike

Liz, Thanks again for a great job!

Got a super cool vintage RJC shirt and nice ephemera to boot!
Thanks! Kahili Tiki!

I love my shirt, ZeroTiki (and the sheet music too). Thanks so much. I'll post a pic soon.

Z

I figured uke music would be a nice touch...
~Zero

BTW Eric (Tobunga)the shirt you received is a rare Stanley Hicks design pattern
and fabric.You are stoked for that killer shirt and for ATP having such good taste in
vintage aloha shirts .
Cheers-Trader Billy

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-04-25 16:56 ]

Good eye 1961surf, I was wondering if anyone was going to catch the uniqueness of that shirt
plus a dead stock shirt to boot.

I wish I could find more of these shirts around, getting very rare!

I have been looking for that exact print for several years , even got beat out on evil
bay for one as well .I did find a new local guy for us ATP PM me and I will get the info.
Aloha

Just received my final shirts yestiddy from leleliz, 'cause she is awesome!

the vintage shirt fits great, going to wear it to my last available visit to Trader Vic's Emeryville for 6 months
:(
Again Mahalos to lele for the great swap, and everyone else for making it so much fun!

...so, what's next??
~Zero

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-29 10:53 ]

I got my other shirt swap today. Thanks Tacky Tiki - it fits perfectly and I love it.

plus assorted paper ephemera - postcards, napkins, coaster.

Here's the shirt I got last week from ZeroTiki:

It's just a little snug with all the buttons done up but I bet it would fit just fine if I dropped about 10 pounds... so I'm going to try to do that cuz I really want to wear this gorgeous shirt (also cuz it wouldn't hurt to lose a little girth). I love the pattern - also the texture (silk but feels like barkcloth)

plus vintage sheet music for ukulele.

Thanks to all, including Liz, for this fun swap.

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

blog

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2010-04-27 23:27 ]

You have a good eye for tiki!

I'm fially catching up... here's the TWO great shirts I received from Sweet Daddy Tiki:

Thanks STD!

T

What size you need? I'm a XXL or larger - 56" chest. I have some vintage bark cloth tiki shirts.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies