Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bali Hai dock damaged by Chilean tusnami

Pages: 1 8 replies

T
T

Woah! Ferget throwing the earth off its axis and shortening the day by milliseconds... when tsunamis start messing with Bali Hai, they're really causing trouble!

Damn you, Tsunamis! Don't we have enough trouble with the de-evolution of tiki assailing our much cherished tiki establishments of yore?!?

Hope this doesn't affect the refurbishment, or the price of mai tais at the venerable Bali Hai!

(edited because I forgot the final "." in the ellipse.)

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2010-03-02 23:40 ]

B

That really must have been something to see. I was watching the "tsunami" in Hawai'i on CNN and was pretty amazed to see this long finger of reef become exposed and submerged over and over. I'm glad that's all it was - I'm sure the media were disappointed though! It's like "STORM WATCH 2010" here - the media could spend DAYS reporting on the possibilty of snow/ice/thunder storms/whatever!

Oh, thanks for the posting Tikipedia!

"Something, something, something, Dark Side, something, something."

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2010-03-03 18:50 ]

Holy Cow...a tsunami in San Diego Bay...that is wild!!! The Bali Hai should offer a new cocktail in honor of the vicious sea!!!

I hear the OB Pier has been closed due to damage too...I remember when they first built that pier...who knew waves would ever break over the top of it with our crazy storms.

TM

It probably looked like this at the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIerCKxxVl4&feature=related

TM
B

Wow - that one with the boats was pretty telling. Good thing it wasn't worse - can you imagine entire marinas just drifting away?!

Talk about a wild ride for those ducks! At least they could fly to safety if they needed! Nice choice of footage.

Well its a nite shot but looks like where i was standing be gone ...

tiki oasis 09 pict.

TM

Pages: 1 8 replies