Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

paintings to poop on - the art of the toilet. - THIS FRIDAY NITE !!

Pages: 1 17 replies

greetings all !! -

save the date and join me and many other equally, if not more, talented artists at my first group show of 2010 at the tattoo factory on March 26th, entitled " Paintings for you to Poop on" - the art of the toilet seat ......I shit you not !!!

.....I was really thinkin' outside the bowl on this one......I'll post pics of the finished piece next week.

check the flyer posted below for all the important details and we hope to see you there !!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-03-14 18:23 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-03-24 19:19 ]

here's my piece for the show......lot's of great art in this one ...i'll post picks in a different post of some of the other toilet seats.....

TITLE: POTTYS, POLYNESIA AND THE MYSTERIOUS FATE OF THE TIDY BOWL MAN

MUSEUM CATALOG TITLE : LAVA - TORIAL MUSINGS AT THE RIM OF THE WORLD WHERE THE CAPTAIN'S CRUSOE-IAN ISOLATION HAS WITNESSED THE PASSING OF MANY MOONS.

COLLOQUIAL TITLE: FOREVER DOOMED .......JUST ANOTHER TURD IN PELE'S PUNCHBOWL

here's kirsten easthopes and derek's pieces for the show.....

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...closet.

Something to entertain your wife or girlfriend when she
gets up in the middle of the night to pee.

The rest are marginally related.

The perfect fan for industrial poop.

Smile! Hope you're wearing fashionable underthings.

Saint Porcelain of Apeepee

Package Inspectors

Hmmm! The hibiscus is not usually known to be aromatic, but this one is.

Game on! Shall we start a league?

Someone could use a breath mint.

Frankly, I don't know why these things haven't caught on everywhere yet.

Done in by spelling again...

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2010-03-16 09:04 ]

thanks for hijackin this thread that was meant to focus on the upcoming show and the artwork in it....no one asked you to post all the art toilets you could find on the web on this thread...-jerk!

L

Nice piece Tipsy. Please post more pics when you get them.

I love the Jesus/Satan seats too.

Kitschy concept should be a fun show!

J

The Mexican Spitfire (Lupe Velez) art is inspired !! Lupe was a popular actress in the late 1920's and early 1930's. In the 1940's she became pregnant and decided to commit suicide rather than have an illegitimate child. While laying in bed waiting to die from a overdose of sleeping pills, she suddenly became nauseous and ran to the toilet to throw up. The story goes that her dead body was found with her head in the toilet !!

Also I love the Jesus art. They should sell that one at the Vatican. Tipsy, was that yours ?? Dude, you're going to Hell for sure but I think it's worth it. :D

On 2010-03-15 14:06, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
thanks for hijackin this thread that was meant to focus on the upcoming show and the artwork in it....no one asked you to post all the art toilets you could find on the web on this thread...-jerk!

Ha ha! That's a good one.

What is it about "paintings to poop on - the art of the toilet" that makes my painting to poop on and art of the toilet even the slightest bit off-topic? Nothing, obviously. The fact that it is not what you meant is irrelevant, since you never said what you meant.

No one asked anyone to post anything for that matter.

There are plenty of other toilets I could have used (almost used the aquarium toilet), but I was hoping that the ones I included would inspire artists here to tikify those ideas and make them better; for example the Package Inspectors would be much better if they were tikis. Thay all would be better with tikis.

Finally, I know it's a common mistake, but you seemed to have confused asshole with jerk.

Happy pooping! 8)

On 2010-03-16 09:25, The Gnomon wrote:

On 2010-03-15 14:06, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Ha ha! That's a good one.

yes- it is...

What is it about "paintings to poop on - the art of the toilet" that makes my painting to poop on and art of the toilet even the slightest bit off-topic? Nothing, obviously. The fact that it is not what you meant is irrelevant, since you never said what you meant.

i'll tell you why, brainiac....the title of the thread is not " post pics of the wackiest toilet seat art you can find." - it's meant to showcdase some of the art that folks will find in the upcoming show...the stuff you posted only misleads and confuses people....the ones you posted will not be in the show...

No one asked anyone to post anything for that matter.

that's right...no one asked....but you are too big a moron to have noticed.

There are plenty of other toilets I could have used (almost used the aquarium toilet), but I was hoping that the ones I included would inspire artists here to tikify those ideas and make them better; for example the Package Inspectors would be much better if they were tikis. Thay all would be better with tikis.

go inspire artists on your own thread....none of the artists in this show are even gonna see my thread let alone be inspired by it...it was meant for tiki folk that might be interested in going to the opening...period.

Finally, I know it's a common mistake, but you seemed to have confused asshole with jerk.

Happy pooping! 8)

..no confusion here..you are definately both !! :)

Tipsy, I'm guessing the invites are printed on TP?

On 2010-03-16 11:10, Unga Bunga wrote:
Tipsy, I'm guessing the invites are printed on TP?

:) they probably should be...that's a good one.

As much as I like anything that is blasphemous.
and the Lupe seat is very nice indeed.

I have to say that I like the Derek, pupu platter one the best.
just for the tongue in cheek(eewwww) aspect of it.

Jeff(btd)

don't forget -the opening is this friday!!

Take some Pics Somebody!
Classic Seat there Tipsy!

Have fun y'alls!
and please....
don't sit on the art.

Tonight!!!!!

keep an eye out for todays chicago tribune...art's section.... for a blurb about the show........

..and international tattoo art will have a piece about the show in an upcoming issue!!

here's the tribune article from today.....

this month's issue of International Tattoo Art magazine has an article on the show by mitch o'connell.......

Pages: 1 17 replies