Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

False Idols, Orlando FL starting April 17, 2010

Pages: 1 30 replies

T

Bold Hype Gallery

This tiki-themed show will feature work from Shag, The Pizz, Mr. Hooper, Skot Olsen, Joe Vaux, Tiki Tony, KRK Ryden, Heather Watts, Derek Yaniger, Donella Vitale, Joe Vitale, Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker, Doug Horne, Ken Ruzic, Ken Pleasant, Benzart, Sam Gambino, Thorsten Hasenkamm, Candy, Crazy Al, BigToe, Johannah O’Donnell, N! Satterfield, Wayne Coombs, Robert Connett, Lisa Petrucci, and Scott Scheidly. Curated by Scott Sceidly.

Any artists going to be present for opening night?

Pupule Tiki!

[ Edited by: TikiMango 2010-03-09 03:59 ]

So... no artists are gonna attend?

You missed Basement Kahuna, Bosko and me :)

I wish I could attend, but I've got Bamboo Ben's just 2 weeks later.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2010-03-11 23:10 ]

Oops, sorry for the oversight there, that's what I get for cutting and pasting.
:drink:

Aloha tiki Tribe!

Here's the ad in Juxtapoz...

The original of "The Jungle Witch" is gonna wing it to Orlando for the show!

What are the times for the showing - opening night?

P

This is gonna be a great show.

I think I'm gonna crash the KailuaGeoff's Honolulu Lounge and then stumble onto the gallery, make an idiot out of myself and ruin someone else's good time.

Pretty much the same thing I do every Saturday.

GO PABLUS!

Make sure and knock that BigToe piece right off the wall!
:)

Just sent my piece off to sunny Orlando today!

Again - am I missing the opening hours somewhere? Ben & I have talked about coming up - but we need to know more to make the decision.

[ Edited by: MrsBenZart 2010-03-17 04:26 ]

I corresponded with the gallery owner and I believe that he said the hours were 8-midnight. I will have to root through my email and verify those times for you. He said they were going to have food, music and a tiki bar. I'll post the complete message when I find it.

Got my two pieces framed and ready to
get the hanging stuff on the back
and to send it off....

i think the Toe just has a sketch so far....
wotta slowpoke!

From the gallery owner:

It's going to be a really fun night, with a tiki bar, music, food, and tons of tiki art. Scott Scheidly will have a new limited edition tiki mug, which will be for sale, and one lucky winner will receive it free, by wearing hawaiian shirt/dress you are automatically entered into the raffle. Opening night, Saturday April 17th, will go from 8 to midnight. The artwork will be up for a month after that. There is no fee to get in at any point.

The Hukilau is proud to sponsor this amazing show at Bold Hype. We have some great fun planned for you with one of the greatest dancers from the Mai-Kai attending bringing you 2 traditional performances from the South Seas - of course this will be opening night 4/17/10.

I'm so excited to attend and support this incredible effort! Great job Flounder!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2010-03-18 21:39 ]

B

Benzarts will be there

We would appreciate any local hotel recommendations near the gallery

[ Edited by: MrsBenZart 2010-03-31 16:22 ]

bump

G

Sherry and Ben, there will be a group of us there opening night. So can't wait to see you there! I'm really looking forward to this. Check your PMs for hotel info.

Just wondering who is planning on attending opening night?

B

Well I'll be there!!1 :o
Yesterday I delivered 4 pieces to Scott for the show, most of which you all have probably seen before in some stage of the carving.

First there is this guy

Then THIS Guy

And Then this one Here,

And Finally this one!

Also I might be able to bring a couple more when we come up next Saturday!
FUN FUN FUN

P

My only question is Scorpions or Scorpions?

When in doubt,pablus...
go plural! :lol:

The Bold Hype site has all the pieces posted and they look INCREDIBLE!
What a great mix of styles and approaches!
Hope all you kids have a Tiki-riffic time!

Oh bloody heck. Of all weekends that I have to be somewhere else! I'm only 2 hours away and I'll have to be in NJ this weekend. There is no justice! Have fun you lucky peoples!

Can't wait to see all the great artwork. Been away from the scene for too long. But for a good reason: Violetgirl and I were married on March 7 (at the Mai-Kai, of course). Looking forward to the festivities.

The art show was a great event. I met old and new friends. Some great art on display. I'll try to get pics up later in the weekend.

B

Well I believe the show was Incredible with more people times 2 who were even allowed to occupy the rooms, It was Great with tiki lovers from Everywhere.
Congrats Scott for a fantastic show which btw will be there for 30 days.?
It was great meeting all the artists who were there.. Great nite!

J

The Bold Hype false Idols show was fantastic! Thanks to Scott "Flounder" Scheidly for all his hard work and to all the great artists that exhibited! Lots of local (and not so local) TC'ers were there in full force. Good to see so may familiar faces outside of the confines of the Hukilau.

I posted some photos from the 'False Idols' opening at Bold Hype. Check them out here:
http://tornadotiki.com/gallery/2010/041710/

CA

I'm glad ol' Tiki#34 became handy for ya Flounder, very Cool!
there is closer look at Tiki#3 Modified Mug on my facebook...al evans... but i'm in computer hell as of now and don't have the link...

looked like a great showing!

Pages: 1 30 replies