Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

April 10 Brevard Pre-Hukilau party

Pages: 1 12 replies

We are going to host our annual pre-Hukilau gathering so everybody in the area can get to know each other a little better before Hukilau and to build up our rum tolerances. It will be on April 10th at our place in Rockledge. Anybody that is interested, please send me a message and I will send you more information.

I have also set up a Tiki Brevard group on Facebook. Feel free to check it out...

Pics from last year's event at:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32343&forum=4

and

http://tornadotiki.com/gallery/2009/053109/

Looking forward to seeing all the central Florida people there!

I'm looking forward to another year of pre-Hukilau fun! I'll bring the Navy Grog. See you all there!

Jimi

A reminder that the Brevard pre-Hukilau party is coming up fast. Send me a message if you need directions to our tiki hut. We also have guest accommodations if people are worried about coming from adjacent counties. If you are planning to bring food or drink, let us know so we can plan around that. I've included a flyer.

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Apr 7, 2010 9:39 AM

McTiki and the Wahine live in Brevard. Hows come I never heard of youz guys? Where is this party at?

You a carver?

Woooot! It's getting better around here all the time.

Last reminder for the Pre-Hukilau party. A reminder that our address is NOT printed on the party flyer, so unless you already know where we live, you'd better contact me about directions to the place.

McTiki: Myself and TornadoTiki have been around for a while. Just been active on TC for the last year or so. Attended the last couple of Hukilaus and decided to start having a party for the local folks to get to know each other prior to the event. Check our Brevard Tiki page with pics and videos at: http://www.tornadotiki.com/

M

Awesome. Thanks THB for the info. Looks like fun!

McTiki, just saw the pix of your awesome tiki bar. Love the tile work, the waterfall, everything. We have only dabbled! Hope we see you Saturday!

Justin and I will be there! A night without kiddos and fruity drinks??? Count us in!

M

I get real leary when folks say that they have just "dabbled" and then you see their back yard and its basically a "TajmaTiki" and then you have those drool stains and that humility all evening. True story!

I'm working on the warden right now to see if we can go and mingle with regular folks. Hope to se you.

Mahalo

What TornadoTiki means is that we aren't quite so hard-core as some that you will see on this board. For instance, TornadoTiki makes her own tiki mugs (some in the kiln as we speak) but she'll be the first to admit that she's not as skilled as some on this board (yet!). The downstairs bar has some tiki elements, but the ceiling is tin, not bamboo or tapa cloth. I think you'll find it to be a very groovy place.

Looks like we are going to have some interesting folks come by. The folks from Deland tiki have said they will be there. TikiMango is going to go round two with the downstairs bathroom. He's supposed to bring Ed from Ed's Heads. Ruinthejimi is going to be there with some Navy Grog. His wife is going to bring braised pork shoulder. We've got some Hukilau virgins as well. And who knows what other surprise guests we might have. Oh, and did I mention the fully stocked, 11-foot long bar?

The theme is tiki-show-and-tell, so if you come, bring pics of your awesome yard or other crafts or whatever your main interest in tiki culture that you would like to share with the group.

It was a great party. Thanks to all who came for bringing art, food, fashion and fun.
Pix are here:
http://tornadotiki.com/gallery/2010/041010/

See you at Hukilau!

D

We had a great time and are now even more excited about the hukilau!

Thanks Chris and George for another great party!

I am now prepared for the the Hukilau!

Jimi

Pages: 1 12 replies