Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

A new fun game for the silent majority party!!

Pages: 1 2 86 replies

TM

Fear of Mandolins.

No one wants to admit it, but many of us ARE!

J

This is a good code word to use when your other half is acting bitchy (Female On Menstruation). Ha, ha.

I registered on their web site to check out the scene. They seem pretty friendly even though I only have access to a couple of forums.

Here's one big plus of FOM: THEY LIKE BOURBON !! :)

I can only drink so much Rum. :(

T

On 2010-03-14 13:49, shapeshifter wrote:

On 2010-03-14 13:46, Basement Kahuna wrote:
wearing a funny hat

I LOVE this picture.
I think I just found my Xmas card for this year.

OUCH bad angle! And what in the world was I wearing?? It's so nice to be 30 pounds lighter now and be able to run 4 miles!!

If I were gonna do a Christmas card, I'd probably go with something a bit more flattering or heart-throbby, like this:

better watch it granite, the silent majority will come after you :wink:

Hey, that's Richard Simmons!

On 2010-03-25 12:01, BambooLodge wrote:

naw.....it's more like will ferrel from a bad comedy......

shame on you for even starting this kahuna...it's quite droll and inappropriate....

T

On 2010-03-25 12:01, BambooLodge wrote:

No silly, Richard Simmons' shorts are longer than that.

B

I am F.O.M.

I debated heavily whether to post here or not.

I have an opinion but...

well...... Aloha!

Thats all I can manage for now.

but I will offer:

Fairly Offended Mammal
Full Of Mana
Fantastically Obsessed Manifestations
Fermented Odorous Manics
Forgiving Of Mudslingers

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2010-05-09 11:47 ]

How about the $10,000+ to the MS Society last year?

You know them, they're the group that donated $3,000 to the Easter Island Foundation a few months ago. You can read about it here:

Oh my gahhddd...how about Full Of Modesty?

C

On 2010-06-16 05:20, White Devil wrote:

How about the $10,000+ to the MS Society last year?

You know them, they're the group that donated $3,000 to the Easter Island Foundation a few months ago. You can read about it here:

Oh my gahhddd...how about Full Of Modesty?

Um......yeah.....because when talking about all the good that is being done for CHARITY is exactly the time to be modest?? :roll: :roll:

True modesty would consist of taking satisfaction in the thing itself, and for its own sake--as opposed to throwing out numbers to justify obnoxiousness in the service of self-righteousness. I think the point being made here (sub rosa) is: when you become a screwy-hat-wearing fraternal order with charitable rationalizations, you've just become the very thing that you were originally lampooning with tongue-in-cheek self-deprecation. If you're going to start knocking on car windows with buckets in hand, then go the whole hog and get the mini-cars and monkeys, too. It'll be easier to snicker at you that way.

W

White Devil, you're insulting me. Are you here on Tiki Central to insult people?

I come here for Tiki, and I see a thread insulting me and some friends of mine. Why?

Are you on some sort of mission to insult us?

I don't understand.

I won't hold it against Tiki Central that someone like you wants to insult me for no apparent reason, but there must be a reason. What'd we do to you?

I'm confused.

A thread like this is just posted to rake up muck and insult other people, and I'm embarrassed I took part in it even for a laugh.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 11:38 AM

Can't ya'll just let this thread die? Why the hell did it get dredged up again? If ya'll are going to fight, do it PMs.

Grog, you must have a teacher/parent affect on me, I just almost said "But he started it" out loud. Anyway, you're so right and I'm sorry again.

On 2010-06-16 09:55, woofmutt wrote:

Now you can fight back.

On 2010-06-16 11:32, The Granite Tiki wrote:
White Devil, you're insulting me. Are you here on Tiki Central to insult people?

A thread like this is just posted to rake up muck and insult other people, and I'm embarrassed I took part in it even for a laugh.

Insult? Why, sirrah, there was no insult intended whatsoevah. I think we all find fezzes, mini-cars and monkeys somewhat amusing, don't you? I was merely attempting to explicate the context of Brother Basement's rather jocular barb, for our mutual self-development and edification. Hope. Change. Et cetera.

Yours in jocularity,

Mr. White Devil

W

W

W

W

W

Just in case some of you missed it the first five times, here is a rather entertaining little graphic that some of you Don Ho-mongers love to post in lieu of the actual writing down of articulated thoughts..

I just never get enough of seeing this little chap...do you? See how amusing and jocular a monkey, even a feces-flinging one, is prone to be?

W

W

W

W

W

W

Since it's been a little while now, I thought you'all might be ready for another glance at that little simian dickens once more. Here we go...

Hmmmm-hmmmm-hmmmm-hmmmmm! My goodness, such sport.

MT

I need a second before we begin round "number two".

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 3:48 PM

Bastards!

Woofmut.... can you point me towards a large or high-res version of the Monkey-Flinging-Poo graphic?

It's 1951, and William Bendix, Humphrey Bogart and Leo G. Carroll have converged on The Hale Tiki for cocktails and obligatory shop talk. They don't come here often, but from time to time the exotic lure is just too much to resist. Besides, what kinda nutcase would want to live here? If you weren't nuts already, the incessant drumming would soon make ya nuts, I tell ya, says Bill. Humphrey espies the loveliness of the wahines from behind the rim of his hopped-up martini. Says nothing. Carroll, for his part, segues from his career woes to speculation about the architectural origins of the cavernous A-frame soaring above the bar.
Each man loves the contours and hypnotic motion of those sarongs as much as the other. Each man has his own troubles, both professional and personal, but they didn't bring them here to dump on the backs of other men. Each man generously supports his charitable concerns, and more than one ex-wife and who knows maybe a girlfriend or two and their brats but then who's to say: it's not the stuff of polite conversation. And it may very well be that each man finds the overuse of bamboo inside the Hale a tad ostentatious, but none is gauche enough to criticize the architect for that. In the big picture, it doesn't matter, and isn't that what these drinks help them focus on...the big picture? The smog clears away and those far-off horizons loom into view once more, reminding them of why they got into this silly game to begin with. Bogey twitches to get to his boat, and maybe chase down those horizons for a few weeks. Bendix contents himself with his third fog-cutter, and fondles the peculiar anthropomorphic mug they keep refilling. Carroll ponders, over one cigarette after another, the mysteries of Pele and why any man would let his hair get sloppy.
Before the evening disperses, they've each entertained and finally rejected a few illicit offers, because part of being a man is distinguishing fantasy from real life, even in the middle of a Polynesian haze. Each has resisted the constant temptation of self-boosterism and one-upsmanship, as a courtesy both to themselves and to the other men. By the time they take leave of their comrades, there's been far more left unsaid than broached, and their mutual respect remains intact.
They will do this again. Not soon, perhaps, but then infrequency lends plausibility to fantasy, and leaves a little room for more thirst. Thirst for the rigors of life, and for the escape from it. They will leave this place and go back out there to maneuver their way through the real jungle, working their way with invisible machetes through the circular trail that leads them, always, back to this smoking, dimly-lit womb of the unknown.

Pages: 1 2 86 replies