Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

new and improved with a bar crawl afterward! kingstiedye vintage and modern garage sale sat. 3/20/10

Pages: 1 28 replies

On 2010-03-15 16:47, danlovestikis wrote:
HEY THIS IS A SALE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT MISS. BULLET IS READY TO PART WITH SOME OF HIS TIKI TREASURES. WE ARE HELPING HIM BUILD A TIKI SHOWPLACE WITHIN HIS HOME AND HE NEEDS SOME CASH FAST.

WITH HIS BUILDING PROJECT UNDERWAY WE ARE LETTING HIM HAVE THE SALE AT OUR HOME IN ELK GROVE, CALIFORNIA JUST 16 MILES SOUTH OF SACRAMENTO.

SO FAR WE HAVE PULLED OUT 9 BIG BOXES OF TIKIS AND HE'S STILL LOOKING FOR MORE TO BRING.

IT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY FROM NOON TO FOUR UNLESS THERE IS A CROWD BEGGING US TO STAY OPEN LONGER.

JUST IN CASE THERE IS A FAMILY CRISIS PLEASE CHECK THIS POST FOR A FINAL UPDATE FRIDAY NIGHT.

PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS AND I'LL GET IT RIGHT BACK TO YOU

YOU CAN FIND HIM AT THE DANLOVESTIKIS HOME ON SATURDAY!

AND THIS IS ONLY PHASE ONE OF THIS TERRIFIC PROJECT. BE A PART OF IT BY BRINGING CASH AND SPENDING IT ON BROOKS TIKIS. Wendy

i'll have plenty of $5-20 mugs and some high end one of a kine stuff too. i figure at least 200 pieces! also, this is everybody's chance to see danlovestikis' incredible collection. a tour of the jungle room should be on everyone's bucket list.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-17 21:00 ]

I'll be there. Missed you Bullet!

A day closer to the sale.

aw MAN!
Looks like all you up-Northerners
are gonna be gettin some beautiful goodies!
MAN!
:)

Have fun y'alls!
and no pushing!

Hey Kenny he couldn't wait and your art is already hung on the walls of that room. Beautiful. We have tons yet to do, bamboo strips are going up right now.
Wendy

Sounds fun, maybe we can do a Sacto Crawl at Shady Lady and Ella

come on up, paul, and bring some bay tcers with you.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 16, 2010 3:16 PM

Got any pictures of what you're selling? Nobody wants to drive all the way over there just to see your selling some Party City crap.

no pics yet, grog. the stuff won't be set up til fri afternoon. check back here for photos on fri. i have lots of vintage, tiki farm, munktiki, geckos and other goodies. no party city crap. i thought after your grog/party city tiki mag cover, you had that market covered! and as if you were gonna drive up here to buy my stuff! you better just worry about fires and mudslides, not what i'm selling!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-16 19:07 ]

WORD....

P

will you have an extra big lots tiki?

I'm up for a tour of the jungle room and a Shady Lady/Ella/whatever crawl...

What is this Shady Lady/Ella crawl...Sacramento?

Paul, I'm up for a Sacto crawl on Saturday.

Hey don't forget Brooks sale...what crawl?

relax girl! they're making up their own crawl for after they hit the sale. i think that's awesome! i have no idea what shady lady and ellas are, but they must have good drinks if rum runner is itching to go there.
perry, i am also clueless about big lots tikis!?! so, i guess i won't be selling any.

I've been to the Shady Lady Bar twice, very good
Have not been to Ella's or 10 on Twenty
What would be the best order to hit these 3 places ?
Locals chime in now

On 2010-03-17 18:06, Rum Runner wrote:
I've been to the Shady Lady Bar twice, very good
Have not been to Ella's or 10 on Twenty
What would be the best order to hit these 3 places ?
Locals chime in now

Lounge on 20. It's excellent.

Ella and Lounge on 20 are probably walkable. Shady Lady is a short drive. I'd say Shady Lady, then Lounge on 20, then Ella. Lounge has music so it may be loud. Ella will allow more conversation late into the evening.

On the other hand, Shady Lady can be loud but has lots of space...

B should chime in on this.

Wendy, relax. We are doing a few bars AFTER Bullet's sale. You all are welcome to join us. I'm looking forward to visiting with Bullet. Been too long.

Since Ella's is a restaurant first and foremost, the bar closes earlier than the other 2 we are stopping at. Hence, I'd recommend hitting that place first or second. If you are up for a moderate amount of walking. Ella's, then Lounge On20, then Shady Lady with a walk back to your vehicle would be a nice triangle. Also progressing from least to most boisterous. It's 8 blocks, or about 3/4 of a mile between Ella's and Lounge On20. It's 12 blocks, or a little less than 1 mile between Lounge On20 and Shady Lady. It's 10 blocks, or a little less than 1 mile between Shady Lady and Ella's. There's food at all 3 stops. Ella's is one of the best restaurants in town and has prices to match. Lounge On20 has fancy small plates. Shady Lady has some good food, but the food next door at Magpie Catering and Cafe is spectacular and not badly priced. Whatever you do, don't wander down the street from Shady Lady to R15 -- it's sports bar with bad liquor, though the attached restaurant is yummy.

Can't relax Brenda there's work to do. We have been hauling boxes of tikis from Bullet's to our home. Here's a load that we brought home yesterday.

Please bring your own bubble wrap and boxes. We are reclaiming what we loaned Bullet to get his treasures here. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-19 08:35 ]

Ok, since I've been to Shady Lady

1 Ella 1131 K St @ 11th 5:30-7:30

2 Lounge on 20 1050 20th @ K 7:30 - 8:30

3 Shady Lady 1409 R St 8:30 - 9:30

This sale is a go, I'll post photos later today. We have been unpacking boxes for three hours. It's a great mix of old new and limited editions. Bullets coming to price every item later today. See you tomorrow at noon, Wendy

ps to be fair if you arrive early you may have an indoors tiki tour but the sale is for everyone at noon

The garage sale is on. See our ad on Marketplace for photos of the loaded tables. It should be a lot of fun. See you soon, Wendy

everything is ready to go and priced to sell. don't leave your wallets at home. come snap up a few bargains and join rum runner and the rest of the ohana for a few tasty drinks.

Bullet is refering to the crawl afterwards all we are providing to drink at the sale is bottled water. Wendy

See you all soon, Bullet, Sandy, Wendy, Dan

Laura and I will be there and are looking forward to seeing everyone again...

Check out the photos of the sale and tour on Marketplace.

W

Dan and Wendy, thank you so much for hosting this fun event. Don't consider myself a mug collector but did score a cute sea horse "Gecko" mug. Thank you Bullet for parting with some of your treasures!

Pages: 1 28 replies