Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Keep A Breast at Tiki Oasis 10

Pages: 1 2 91 replies

great art for a great cause!
Awesome work everyone!

Everyone has done such an amazing job on these busts! We feel lucky to be able to add our own little artistic endeavor to the lot. Our model is the lovely Kathleen.

Here are the pics, but if you'd like to see the movie of the tassels in all their rotational goodness check it out here http://www.velvetglass.com/tikipages/MosaicsSold/keepabreast.html

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2010-05-28 08:43 ]

WOW

So very cool and creative Cheeky. Motorized tassels! And twice the action with the reflection in the mirrored tiles.

Don't let Bargoyle see these!

CA

you Cheeky, Limie squeez'n .... NICE JOB!!

i thought much about fixing up some real torches to my piece... but opted for the painted ones...

U(k) ROCK!! U'z Two!!!

L

Cheeky Half you outdid yourselves!

awesome!

Thats crazy good! Cheeky, you guys, now get back here so we can have more drinks at Don's!

M
mp posted on Sat, May 29, 2010 12:29 PM

Hey Everyone, all the casts look awesome, just beautiful! First of all, I would
like to thank Baby Doe and the KeepABreast foundation for letting me contribute to this
great cause. Ive been slammed with work and family so I will sneak mine in last minute per usual.

My model is the fabulous Lili Von Schtupp. Lili is a lovely burlesque dancer
and the host of Monday Night Tease! LA's longest running weekly burlesque show!
Check it out here: http://www.mondaynighttease.com/mnt/Home.html

The one and only Lili Von Stchupp.

I thought a burlesque tribute would be fun so I chose Lili St. Cyr.
Very appropriate with both girls having the same first name. Lily St. Cyr was a dancer from the
40s and the 50s and also later on opened her own lingerie shop in Hollywood, and also appeared in
several films usually starring as herself. My first thoughts were Betty Page, but I did some
searching, discovered Lili, and found her story very interesting.

I cant wait to see them all at Oasis! cheers

H
harro posted on Mon, May 31, 2010 3:14 PM

such a great thread - the cause, the art, the boobies, everything.

each artists take is amazing...

brilliant stuff!

Amazing MP! I do think it's a little unfair though, that you had a bigger "canvas" to work with :wink:

O
Otto posted on Mon, May 31, 2010 11:21 PM

Wow, all of the artists here have really gone beyond what was originally expected or imagined. Great job.

Now I hope we see appreciation in the truest form of art flattery which is for admirers to buy these pieces!
(at the auction at Tiki Oasis 10)

D

Very impressed by the other artists work. Thanks for including me.

[ Edited by: davecwong 2010-06-02 13:48 ]

[ Edited by: davecwong 2010-06-02 13:53 ]

ZOUNDS!
Great motif on that cast,Dave!
Dawn-Loooooovely! glad you did a 2-d of that design as well!
Mark and Maggie-those robot pasties are the bomb!
Empee..Lily St Cyr...excellent! Worthy of a Giant Robot Baby!

This is gonna be one swell shew!

B

I'm just SHOCKED at the variety and ingenuity that has gone into these lovely busts. Wow. My only regret is that I won't be able to see them in person. Bravo!

Okay- just under the wire but here it is !!!! - enjoy !!

• and great job everyone !! your contributions look awesome....

Hey davecwong, am I seeing some "Jack Kirby" influence on your bust?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 3, 2010 2:23 AM

Yes, it does look like some "Jack Kirby" influence, and also some "Alex Toth".

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-06-03 02:25 ]

L

Hula Lula--I love all the images..looks like it could be a fabric design
Eric-I like how you used the...pillows...as the rocks! :wink:
MP-really cool to see you do a portrait!

and the rest are awesome as well--can't wait to see these in person. What a great concept!

T

On 2010-06-02 21:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey davecwong, am I seeing some "Jack Kirby" influence on your bust?

I was thinking the same thing, like those old "Tales Of Suspense" comics. "The King" would be flattered. Looks cool!

So much great stuff, but Tipsy!
Oh, my. The lamp!
I just love the lamp! :wink:

Hi all! New to the board and a first time Tiki Oasis attendee. Thanks to Baby Doe for involving me in this fun project, and to Naomi for the keen "surface" to work with.

I'll be running a table of my art at Tiki Oasis - drop by and say hi!

-michael

too cute!
YAY for boobies!

B

It's pretty sad when plaster boobs look better than mine! Actually, that's not so hard to do, but dang! I can't say I've even been jealous of "fake" boobs!

WOW! So many AMAZING pieces here. I'm so impressed by the creativity (a lamp?!?!) and execution. And all for a good cause too. Sorry for being so late to post my own contribution!

Here's Tana the Tattooed Lady, covered in parrots, moais and masks... oh, and rhinestones. :) The medium is acrylic, with a handmade pendant on twine.

B

Check out Isabel Samaras beautiful beaver cast!

You can also read more about her process on her blog:
http://isamaras.wordpress.com/

[ Edited by: babydoe 2010-06-30 19:55 ]

B

images of BOSKO cast, castee Becky Ebenkamp

B

Keep A Breast Tiki Oasis Art Show
ART SHOW: 1:00PM - 2:30PM, Saturday August 21st
PRICE: Free and open to the public

Most of the artists and castees will be in attendance! We also have some fun surprises in store for the show - so make sure to pop by!
XO baby doe

Tiki Oasis 10 announces exclusive art show in conjunction with our 10th anniversary: The Keep-A-Breast art show features 24 noteworthy tiki artists who have adorned the busts of 24 celebrity castees. Proceeds will be donated to The Keep A Breast Foundation whose mission is to eradicate breast cancer by informing young people about methods of early detection, prevention, and support for those affected by breast cancer.

ARTIST INCLUDE: Tim Biskup, Mitch O’Connell, Eric October, Bosko, David C. Wong, Michael Fleming (aka Tweedlebop), Atomikitty, Rex "!", Dawn Frasier of Sophista-tiki, Dave Krys, Ken Ruzic, Isabel Samaras, Claudette Barjoud aka Miss Fluff, Dave "Squid" Cohen, Crazy Al Evans, Heather Watts, Tiki King, Danny Gallardo, Erin Bartleson, Maya Rodgers, Derek Yaniger, Velvet Glass, MP, Jason Rodgers.

CASTEE’S INCLUDE: Tura Satana, Lady Borgia, Megan Mayham, Tana the Tattooed Lady, Violetta Beretta, Mimi Le Meaux, Baby Doe, Lili VonSchtupp, Audrey Moorhead, Kitty Diggins, Evie Lovelle, Becky Ebenkamp, Kari French, Angel Baby, Atomikitty, Giddle Partridge, Vintage Girl, Penny Starr, Jr, Red Snapper, Little Brooklyn, The Devil-Ettes Assassin, Kathleen O'Malley and Fifi.

The Keep A Breast Gallery will be open 11:00AM - 4:00PM on both Friday and Saturday at Tiki Oasis

I am so proud to be a part of Tiki Oasis and Keep A Breast foundation. I love beautiful cast that Crazy Al Evans. So much I would like to keep it in our O'hana. It's very dear to me not only because I was 3 months Hapai, but my son's grandmother is a breast cancer survivor as well. Please help me raise money so we can keep my cast in our O'hana! See you at Tiki Oasis '`10!!

http://www.firstgiving.com/pacificpinup

Mahalo,
Meghan Mayhem

M

And fine ones they are too! :o

O
Otto posted on Sun, Jul 11, 2010 6:51 PM

On 2010-07-02 11:21, pacificpinup wrote:
I am so proud to be a part of Tiki Oasis and Keep A Breast foundation. I love beautiful cast that Crazy Al Evans. So much I would like to keep it in our O'hana. It's very dear to me not only because I was 3 months Hapai, but my son's grandmother is a breast cancer survivor as well. Please help me raise money so we can keep my cast in our O'hana! See you at Tiki Oasis '`10!!

http://www.firstgiving.com/pacificpinup

Mahalo,
Meghan Mayhem

Meghan
Great idea to accept donations toward the purchase (which is a donation to Keep A Breast) of this piece of art that has so much meaning to you. I've made a small donation, I hope you meet your goal!

CA

Hey Meghan!! I'm really glad you like what i was able to do for the KBA with your cast. I pondered quite a bit on what i was going to do, and am glad my final inspiration is so heart felt by you! I'll help get the word out for sure....

B

Artist Jason Rodgers, Castee Kitty Diggins
His first black velvet!!

Artist Maya Rodgers, Castee Fifi

[ Edited by: babydoe 2010-07-19 18:42 ]

All the busts look so great and I love the diversity both in shape and size and artwork. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all in person at Oasis!

GIDDLE PARTRIDGE'S, CAST OF HER BREAST, FOR "SAVE A BREAST"

Go-Go Giddle Partridge, is a Singer/Actress and The Blonde Bombshell of the new millennium! She is also the High Priestess of ‘The Partridge Family Temple’, as well as a Los Angeles based Publicist. She has been in various bands since the age of seventeen, singing and go-go dancing.
At one point Miss Giddle Partridge got diagnosed with cancer herself a few years ago. She is in remission!!!
Her Mother’s two little sister’s, have Breast Cancer. One of her Aunts has relapsed twice and ended up going through a double mastectomy. Her other Aunt was just informed that she has Breast Cancer as well in, May of 2010.
Needless to say, Giddle really knows and understands the importance of,The“Save A Breast” organization!
Giddle Partridge is currently recording a solo album, with legendary Producer’s and songwriters, due out early next year, with a duet from, ‘The Mother of Punk’ - German icon and celebrity, Nina Hagen!

She will do a international tour when the record is released! She has collaborated with Mark Tulin, the founder/bassist of “The Electric Prunes”, Kim Fowley, Boyd Rice, Walker Phillips, “The Genitorturers”, “Scramblehead” and “The Electric Hellfire Club”, to name a few.
She is a Actress in some major motion pictures and also a Pin-Up Model for multiple musical equipment companies and has appeared in advertisements in many international Guitar and Drum Magazines.

Giddle is a Vegetarian and very involved in Animal right’s. Va Va Voom, our Sexy Giddle whom many friends and fans, have compared to Jayne Mansfield, Brigitte Bardot, Mamie Van Doren and Jane Fonda circa, “Barbarella”.
She is featured in many books on Old Hollywood, Cults and is a published writer. And obsessed with Haute Couture fashion, where you’ll see her sitting front row at Fashion Shows. And her major passion is the psychedelic silver sixties and collecting dolls and far out stuff from the 1800’s to the early 1970’s.
When, Miss Giddle Partridge was asked about being involved in this great cause, “Save A Breast” for “Tiki Oasis”, she said the following: “It is a proven fact that Men and Women are both intrigued by cleavage let’s face it, Boob’s/Tits, whatever you wish to refer to them.”
“They are sexy and very important for women, whether girls choose to get implants, have natural breasts or are flat chested, they are all beautiful, except the really bad deformed implants!”
“A woman’s breasts aren’t just “eye candy” and to suck on and be handled by men/husbands, girlfriends/lovers and boys. Since the beginning of time, our breasts have fed and nourished infants, causing our beautiful planet to grow.”

“Cancer is the most common killer of human life, and yet there still is no promised cure, which is sad. All of you groovy girls out there, don’t take them for granted! And please go to your Doctor at least once a year and take a minute in the shower to check for lumps and other signs that may help you, KICK THE SHIT OUT, of Breast Cancer! We can not sit back and think everything is fine! So Dolls and Vixens, please do your monthly self breast examination. You have the power to save your breasts! Until there is a cure, may my “dynamic duo” AKA my bust inspire all the chicks out there, to take a minute and do the right thing. Protect your Boobs! I love you all, my psychedelic Sister’s on this gigantic playground we are all on together! And there are just too many sexy bras, corsets and lingerie out there for, us, our men/chicks to enjoy to the fullest! So lift up a ‘cup’, so to speak, and let’s toast to a cancer free future!”
With a Groovy Kind of Love,
Giddle Partridge
XOXO
http://www.GOGOGIDDLE.COM

http://www.facebook.com/gogogiddle?success=1

I had the privilege of painting on Baby Doe's canvas. I'm so glad she chose me! I've been involved with Shaney and Keep-A-Breast in the past and super excited to contribute again. I't's an honor to be here with such talented folks. All of these look fabulous!
Hope to see you all in August. -Erin

This is my favorite one so far!!!! really great.

I remember Chicklet from those really cool and whimsical polymer(?) surfer dude sculptures! Great job on the birds, are those Blue-Footed Boobies? :D

B

Reminds me of Dr. Seuss! Soooo cute! Love those sleepy eyes!

B

lovely write up about the Keep A Breast Show on FireDog Lake

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/65125

here is a preview of the calendar page including almost all the casts! Special thanks to Aaron at Tidbit design for his great work pulling this together!!

B

Hey friends if you are interested in giving to the Keep A Breast cause but don't have much to give why not just donate $5 bux on my firstgiving page? All monies go direct to Keep A Breast! If I earn $1000 by this weekend I get to keep the cast painted by the lovely Erin Joy. I would hear having this cast as a memory to my momma who was a 20 year breast cancer survivor. Thanks for your support and I do hope you can check out the gallery at Tiki Oasis!

XO Baby Doe

http://www.firstgiving.com/babydoe

B

sorry for posting so much at once!

here is a link to all the casts!

http://www.keep-a-breast.org/art

B

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give an update that we raised almost $10,000 for Keep A Breast at Tiki Oasis! WOW!!

Thanks to all the artists and castees for being part of this project.

If you didn't get a chance to donate a couple of our regular Tiki Oasis girls still are fundraising to earn their cast! Even donating $5- $10 can make a difference to this great cause and allow these ladies to keep their cast!

Megan Mayhem: http://www.firstgiving.com/pacificpinup
Violetta Beretta: http://www.firstgiving.com/violettaberetta
Red Snapper: http://www.firstgiving.com/redsnapper

XO baby doe

That's awesome, babydoe!
Congrats to all involed.
The castes were superb!!!
-Andy

Pages: 1 2 91 replies