Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

back of a moai

Pages: 1 11 replies

P

trying to do some research and haven't been able to find the photo of the back of a moai. strange.

well, i found one, from the british museum.

anyone have some or a better photo of this. i'd like to get more detail from the carvings.

thanks

P

oh, and check this out, you can download the bradshaw foundation's film on easter island for $4.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/easter/rock-art1.php

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Mar 19, 2010 5:57 AM

On 2009-02-26 12:25, Zeta wrote:
Cool DC!!! That is bizarre! Churrasquerias are a type of Brazilian grill.
One more thing about Toltec Atlantean stone warrios and Moais...

The weird belt I was talking about. Picture from the Moai in the British Museum.

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Mar 19, 2010 6:01 AM

On 2009-02-26 12:19, Zeta wrote:

This Toltec stone Atlante warriors are my favorite stone idols from pre-hispanic Mexico...
They are in the middle of nowhere.
As with any cool mystery, there are various "theories"...
They where supposed to come to life when Toltec witch doctors (like Carlos Castaneda) put their "intent" in them... like a Frankenstein, like a golem, like a stone robot. How cool is that?!
They are representations of aliens, if you look closely, they are holding a triangle shaped space laser ray gun.
They are representations of warriors from the lost island of Atlantis, they came all the way from the middle of the Atlantic ocean to keep their knowledge safe in Mexico,(the rest of the surviving Atlanteans went to the north of Spain and the South of France and became the Basques... but that is another story) latter the Toltec shaman learned the knowledge and kept it in secret, until the Conquistadors came and kill most of them, then the french came, then the gringos... Now that knowledge is gone forever, right?
They look kinda Tiki to me, so this is my theory, please don't steal it.
They look a lot like Easter Island Moais. Here is why:
Both are made of stone.
Both are tall.
Both have long ears.
Both wear "hats"
And the weirdest of the coincidences, they both wear a belt with some strange circle on the back, which actually, is called "nucleo de integracion", this gave them super powers. This is almost accepted by modern neurology to explain the super human feats accomplished by witchdoctors, shamans and martial artists.
Believe it or not...
Suck on that one Erich von Däniken!

I checked my 2007 pics from Kon-Tiki Museum, Olso... Only fronts as hard up against a wall. Sorry.
And dreadful pics from my cellphone!

P

thanks, cool story. once again, new day, new knowledge.

love it.

i think there's something secret going on with the backs that they don't want us to know about.

hmmmm, super energy belt?

"Art of Easter Island" by that Thor Heyerdahl guy
has some back pics of the Moai
you can find it at the library....
LOTS and LOTS of great work in that one
and it's THICK! and HEAVY!

They're all the same...

Buzzy Out!

P

that's perfect!

awesome, thanks.

check the marketplace thread soon for my custom made "super energy belts"*.

*your results may vary.

Here is a nice clear shot for you.

H

here's one that I found.

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2010-03-19 17:53 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, May 18, 2010 9:14 PM

Moai Kava Kava

With super energy belt!

Pages: 1 11 replies