Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Farm (not the mug maker) - facebook game

Pages: 1 8 replies

So, have any of you heard about the facebook game 'Tiki Farm'?

I discovered this item in the news today .... thought I'd mention it here, to alert people that if you see the term 'Tiki Farm' in your in-box, it might be referring to something other than our beloved mug maker. Apparantly the game has up to 7 million monthly players.

A gaming blog described the game as .... "a Pacific island-based FarmVille, Tiki Farm gives players a limited amount of space to grow fruits, mushrooms, strawberries, hibiscus, sugarcane and even Venus Fly Trap. Tropical trees from banana to mango and macadamia are also offered. "

More posts, and a general feel of what the game looks like, can be found at this blog. http://blog.games.com/category/tiki-farm/

I'm not a fan of Facebook games, so will likely avoid this game - just wanted you all to be aware of this.

Vern

I'm guilty of playing this game, I'm at a level 20 and my island is a little crammed. It was fun for a while but got a little boring..

I just leave the sounds of the waves and birds in the background

B

On 2010-03-19 12:47, carlosrossi wrote:
I'm guilty of playing this game, I'm at a level 20 and my island is a little crammed. It was fun for a while but got a little boring..

I just leave the sounds of the waves and birds in the background

So have you actually spent any real money on this game?! I saw it for the first time the other day, went to play, and got bored REAL fast - but when I saw that you had to pay actual, real money for "upgrades" I just about crapped my pants! Just think - another reason for children to steal their parents' credit and debit cards!

J

I too avoid facebook games. I tried a few, but I ust don't think they're worth it. But my mom plays Tiki Farm and FarmVille, and just the other day I was talking about Tiki Farm the mug maker and she thought I was talking about the game!

W

Mr. Tikifarm (Holden/MakeDaMug) asked Facebook folks what he should do about the Tiki Farm game a couple months ago. No comment since then.

I think MakeDaMug should challenge the game company. His business has been well established for years and unlike some company claims (see below) there could be a serious confusion among people with the mug makers and the game. If Tiki Farm the Facebook game develops into something more than a game there could be a real loss of control of the mug brand.

Larger companies wouldn't put up with it. Chrysler took on a tavern named "Jeeps." ("Jeep" had been the tavern owner's nickname since he was little, a nickname that came from a comic strip character which preceded the Jeep vehicle.) The band Green Jello had to change their name to Green Jelly. Kellogg's legally harassed a Seattle steel drum band named the Toucans claiming their name "could cause confusion among our consumers" between the band and Toucan Sam. (Kellogg's attempted the same sort of thing against Toucan Golf , Inc.)

J

Large companies don't put up with ANY infringement because of how the trademark laws work. If you know about someone using your trademark and you don't do anything about it (even if they are a small establishment that doesn't threaten your sales) then you may be later deemed to have abandoned your trademark when you DO decide to enforce it against someone else who is infringing on it.

T

I did play that game but since know how LAME it is. So i'm on the TikiFarm (mug company) mailing list and got an e-mail. I though, cool, new mugs but it ended up being a new item in the game. LAME

W

Proof that consumers are confused. Tiki Farm, the mug company, is losing its identity and is in danger of becoming the trampoline of the Tiki world.

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Mar 30, 2010 8:26 AM

Sad to say it all depends who has more money and/or users. There is a hippie type natural foods restaurant here that was called McDharma's for years until The Golden Arches came down on them, their now Dharma's. Apple Computers had to lease their name from The Beatles for quite a few years until they wrestled the name away from the band...
I don't play any of those stupid FB games and "hide" ALL of them so as to not be bothered...

Pages: 1 8 replies