Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Parrothead circle hook pendant

Pages: 1 6 replies

This is about as close as I have got lately to a Tiki. Its my parrothead circle hook. I have done a few fish carvings for Jimmy Buffet, and really love his music and band, and have met him a couple times. He even wore one of my hooks onstage, and I gave him the very first prototype of this design a couple years ago. You can see these online on my website, or order directly from me by emailing me at [email protected]
They start at only $ 50 and go up, depending on size and material. this one is extra large in Bone, but I do them in ivory also, and might try one in pearl shell soon!
Tightlines, Louie the Fish !
http://www.louiethefish.com

Nice work Louie...looks like you have carved quite a few pieces for celebrities
and dignitaries. Happy to see you posting here.

Clean lines Louie! ok,... tight lines too.
Maybe I'll see you in Honolulu next month!

OMG...I am loving that!!! PM coming your way.

P

Jimmy Buffet does music? The multi-billionaire banker dude that set policy for Obama and appeared with Bill Gates on some magazines? I never pictured him playing anything or wearing something like that. Huh. Guess the guy can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Cool carving, btw.

Malo 'e lelei Louie,

Nice design to the fishhook. I like it's simplicity in detail. Keeps it clean, not too busy. I have actually been inspired to start bone carving because of your tutorial videos on youtube. I'm from Hilo & was wondering if you were headed this way for the Merrie Monarch? Maybe we can get together, chow down some grinds.

Do you know a bone/fossil ivory carver named Sami Fevaleaki? He's from Hauula. He was my freshman art teacher back in Tonga & I plan on taking him & his wife out for dinner when he comes to set up shop during MM. If you're in town, maybe we can all have dinner, my treat, & talk shop.

V

Very nice carving, you're talented. But, please, just don't say the words "Jimmy Buffet", or "parrothead", it's forbidden here !

*What Tiki Central Isn't :
Everyone here at Tiki Central is passionate about the Polynesian Pop movement. While the exact edges are blurry, we can give you a bit of insight into what Tiki Central is not about:

It’s not about Jimmy Buffett and Parrotheads*

Pages: 1 6 replies