Sweet.

teeny.

Earrings!

P

On 2010-03-26 19:01, LiddleLola wrote:
Earrings!

thanks, wendy

yep, he's a tiny one.

yep, among a couple of other things, liddlelola!

keep an eye out in the next couple of days . . . .

P
pdrake posted on Sun, Apr 4, 2010 1:23 PM

sterling tie clip from moai . . .

His mouth shape makes him look human and he has personality. I used to do lost wax casting in my mothers dental lab. It's harder than it looks, those are very nice. Wendy

P
pdrake posted on Sun, Apr 4, 2010 1:45 PM

thanks, wendy. this is how the earrings turned out . . .

it's hard, but i enjoy it. (when things work.)

Z

Those are great!

W

Yeah, these are dang cool. The expression is great and the work is excellent as usual.

What I really dig is how they remind me of vintage pieces from the 60s without being imitative. The tie bar looks like it might be worn by some lodge member at a convention in Vegas, the ear rings like something Mrs. Dabblemuntz wore to the Ladies Garden & Bridge Club lunch in order to have a chance to again tell everyone about her and Mr. Dabblemuntz's recent world cruise.

P
pdrake posted on Mon, Apr 5, 2010 9:53 PM

thanks, woof.

here's a whole set for the ladies!!

no lady in my life, so i'm not quite sure what to do with it.

P
pdrake posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 8:48 PM

iiiiiiii like caaaaandyyyyyyyy . . . .

my first foray into candy. i don't have a marble slab, so i'm not doing great on tempering the chocolate. it's 58% cocoa, so it's heart healthy. plus,it makes good dopamine levels. oh, and they're a little bigger than toll house pieces, so you can put them in stuff to make "moai rice kripie treats". eh, just a thought.

oh, made with food grade silicone mold. derp der, der . . .

AWESOME!!!!!!

I love chocolate and I love Moai, put them on a hillside of peanut butter and they're good as gold!!! :D

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-04-06 20:52 ]

P
pdrake posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 8:55 PM

you can sprinkle them on some haagen daz vanilla bean ice cream.

P

men's tapa pattern ring. i've kind of always wanted a thumb ring. working on a ladies companion piece.

sterling silver

give of yourself. it's the most precious of all gifts.

[ Edited by: pdrake 2010-04-14 21:19 ]

[ Edited by: pdrake 2010-04-14 22:11 ]

P

moar stuff . . .

DAMN THAT'S SHINY!!!!!!

Looks great Perry - so tiny and yet so detailed

P

thanks, mike. i'm going to make a mold to make wax pieces then i can make some with a stone texture and some smooth. here's a ruler . . .

here's the source statue . . .

i can add a wiener if anyone wants that.

H

Nice job Perry.

Awesome stuff!

P

thanks, a lot!

here's the latest finished piece for some rock star.

Great Mermaid's Purse Perry, some "rock star" is going to be very happy :) I love how the tendrils are entertwined, you must do that after the casting is finished? I image those tendrils are a pain in the butt to buff out and polish.

those last pieces are so kool .

P

wow, thanks you guys. i'm having a lot of fun making them.

mike, the tendrils on the purse are cast that way. the mold is very complicated. of course, all metal casting is very easy on the scale of easy to difficult. :P

it's just gotten back in my hands after having a hard rubber mold made. i don't have a vulcanizer yet. my jeweler fried freaked out cutting the mold open. har!

the hardest part is polishing it. i made a mold because i've only seen one of these for sale in the entire world. it's only available in the UK. i'm hoping there's some ocean loving people that like the organic flow of this that may buy a piece of art.

anyway, it's always nice to see people appreciate my work. rock on!!

This flow lines design has a lot of potential and it's definitely unique. Of course unique doesn't guarantee sales, but I think designs like this would be worth further exploration.

P

thanks, woof. while i'd love some sales i'm not beating myself up about not having them.

here's a finished pic with bonus photo photography equipment thanks to maddogmike, thanks, mike. this is the first try and i think it made a difference already.

P

I think that's a fitting setting for your beautiful work Perry :D

B

nice Perry...very nice! The Mermaid's Purse is over the top cool!

P

thanks, babalu! high praise from such a talented man.

I have seen many of Perry's jewelry in person (and we own a few), and they are great . I highly recommend them! -ZAZZ !

Pages: 1 30 replies