Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Grogalizer V3.0! Mobile phone friendly!

Pages: 1 2 3 135 replies

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Apr 5, 2010 1:55 PM

Justin Bird, gooneybird here on TC, undertook the task of bringing the design of the Grogalizer into the new age. He did a fantastic job!

Now v3.0 is mobile friendly!

[ Edited by swanky on 2017-02-09 04:58 ]
[ Edited by swanky on 2018-04-23 16:15 ]

[ Edited by leevigraham on 2022-03-31 16:00:24 ]

wow cool - great job!

H

Wow is right. It's a complete overhaul.

H

And the direct links to purchase some of the harder to find items is a great addition.

Looks sweet Swanky! Can't wait to check it!

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Apr 5, 2010 7:48 PM

Be sure to click on your account at the top right and edit your info.

T

Excellent job Tim and Justin. It looks fantastic and works great.

Let me know if you need someone to do any testing.

I'm curious about the Basement Kahuna recipes. Where does one get those?

Will there be a way to search by ingredient, like the Special Search on the old Grogalizer? I mostly used that feature. For example, I just got a bunch of fresh lemons and want to find all the drinks that call for lemon juice.

The new Grogalizer looks awesome and works great so far!

Great job guys!

On 2010-04-05 23:16, TikiSan wrote:

Will there be a way to search by ingredient, like the Special Search on the old Grogalizer? I mostly used that feature. For example, I just got a bunch of fresh lemons and want to find all the drinks that call for lemon juice.

Thanks, TikiSan.
Yes, the ingredient search will be coming back soon. You'll be able to click on any ingredient in the 'my bar' section and see all of the drinks you can make that include this ingredient.

S

Now that looks really good.
And I'm also really curious about the Basement Kahuna's Recipes!

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 9:38 AM

On 2010-04-06 08:39, snackbar wrote:
Now that looks really good.
And I'm also really curious about the Basement Kahuna's Recipes!

The Basement Kahuna recipes are sort of "Easter Eggs". When you have the ingedients in your bar to make them, then they appear in the "The Drinks" tab and the actual recipes are in the first comment.

Also check The Bum's latest blog post for BK's "Concubine".

Such a great resource!

Now to feverishly update my inventory...

RB

Wow, it's beaaaauuuuutiful! Nice job Swanky

M

Sweetness! Awesome job.

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Apr 8, 2010 8:50 AM

On 2010-04-05 23:16, TikiSan wrote:
Excellent job Tim and Justin. It looks fantastic and works great.

Let me know if you need someone to do any testing.

I'm curious about the Basement Kahuna recipes. Where does one get those?

The new Grogalizer looks awesome and works great so far!

Great job guys!

gooneybird is quick! You request for that special search has been answered! On the "My Bar" tab, next to the ingredient recipe count is a "Which can I make?" link that shows what recipes you can make with that specific ingredient.

A

On 2010-04-05 17:38, Hakalugi wrote:
And the direct links to purchase some of the harder to find items is a great addition.

I'm obviously overlooking something. Where is this feature?

S

The $ dollar sign symbol on the ingredients is a link to buy where it exists.

Nice work! Thank you.

T

Mega-bump.

WOW.
The past few days I've been using the site like mad ever since seeing the overhaul. Hard to believe it's the same site! Huge thanks to Swanky for the upgrade, and I'll be sending you the bill's from the liquor store as it seems my consumption is (way) up since I'm trying to get as many green check-marks up as fast as I can.
I'd ask for a forum, but it'd end up draining everyone away from THIS one! I'd go on and on, but my vision is strating to blur.

Many mahalos!

[ Edited by: twitch 2010-06-28 20:23 ]

A

It really is a great resource. Our neighbor gave us a bunch of lemons from his tree, and I used Grogalizer last weekend to narrow down the drinks that specifically called for lemon juice.

S

Thanks! Keep spreading the word!

We are plotting v2.1 right now. Some additions that will help you make your drink choices.

I too tend to go for the drinks without a check first. I want to make them all, at least once!

Let me preface this by saying that I don't have any of the Bum's older books.

Two notes:

"Cobra's Fang" is also in Sippin' Safari p. 177.

"Rum Barrel Tiki+" is originally from Grog Log p. 71. (The Ports O' Call variation.)

Just hoping that this will make some of the drinks more accessible to those without an iPhone. I'll post more if I come across any.

EDIT: Oh, and awesome website BTW!

[ Edited by: loneranger84 2010-06-29 15:51 ]

S

On 2010-06-29 15:51, loneranger84 wrote:
Let me preface this by saying that I don't have any of the Bum's older books.

Two notes:

"Cobra's Fang" is also in Sippin' Safari p. 177.

"Rum Barrel Tiki+" is originally from Grog Log p. 71. (The Ports O' Call variation.)

Just hoping that this will make some of the drinks more accessible to those without an iPhone. I'll post more if I come across any.

EDIT: Oh, and awesome website BTW!

[ Edited by: loneranger84 2010-06-29 15:51 ]

Taking your work on it, but the Tiki+ version of the Rum Barrel has Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar in the recipe, which is different than the book version. Correct?

On 2010-06-30 09:17, Swanky wrote:

Taking your work on it, but the Tiki+ version of the Rum Barrel has Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar in the recipe, which is different than the book version. Correct?

Ah. You're right in that it calls for Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar. It states that it's adapted from the Grog Log, but it is slightly different. The same could be said for several of the other recipes too (e.g. the exact ratio of syrups that are called out in the Mai Tai has changed).

Another small note that doesn't really change anything: The Blue Hawaii in the Tiki+ app is the Hawaiian Village version, not the Grog Log version.

S

On 2010-06-30 10:44, loneranger84 wrote:

On 2010-06-30 09:17, Swanky wrote:

Ah. You're right in that it calls for Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar. It states that it's adapted from the Grog Log, but it is slightly different. The same could be said for several of the other recipes too (e.g. the exact ratio of syrups that are called out in the Mai Tai has changed).

Another small note that doesn't really change anything: The Blue Hawaii in the Tiki+ app is the Hawaiian Village version, not the Grog Log version.

Changes in proportions did not affect the Grogalizer listings, just ingredients.

The Blue Hawaii recipes are different as well. THe Grog Log Blue Hawaii has cream in it.

The Blue Hawaii recipes are different as well. THe Grog Log Blue Hawaii has cream in it.

My point exactly. Anyhow, awesome website.

T
twitch posted on Thu, Jul 1, 2010 7:38 PM

Hey swanky!
Just made an Eastern Sour & I see it's not listed in the Grogalizer. (page 34, Grog Log)

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Jul 2, 2010 9:27 AM

On 2010-07-01 19:38, twitch wrote:
Hey swanky!
Just made an Eastern Sour & I see it's not listed in the Grogalizer. (page 34, Grog Log)

It's there. Just make sure you have Rye in your bar.

P

Don't forget us Android users! I know the iPhone's the hip place to be right now, but Android's picking up and we want out grog too!

P
phinz posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:16 AM

On 2010-07-11 21:28, Potato. wrote:
Don't forget us Android users! I know the iPhone's the hip place to be right now, but Android's picking up and we want out grog too!

+1

Just got to use it, with "what can I make with", I made the wife Swanky's Magic and Baron Samedi. I can't drink them since I'm on a diet, but she liked them.
I like the interface, thanks a lot Swanky.

Ran

S

On 2010-07-15 00:31, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Just got to use it, with "what can I make with", I made the wife Swanky's Magic and Baron Samedi. I can't drink them since I'm on a diet, but she liked them.
I like the interface, thanks a lot Swanky.

Ran

Kewl. I'm interested in feedback on my first public recipe...

T

On 2010-07-12 03:16, phinz wrote:

On 2010-07-11 21:28, Potato. wrote:

+1

And another +1

Great site, I use it all the time!

Am I mistaken, or did you previously have a feature where you could click on a certain liquor or mixer, and it would tell you ALL the recipies that called for that certain item. (Not just the ones that you had the ingredients for) That way, if say I got my hands on a bottle of Allspice Dram, I could see all the recipies that call for it, and then go out and buy the ingredients I don't have so I could make those drinks. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I thought it was in the old site.

Again, THANKS for the effort!

I'm really enjoying the new interface. Thanks for all your work on this Swanky.

S

On 2010-07-20 17:31, Lukeulele wrote:
Great site, I use it all the time!

Am I mistaken, or did you previously have a feature where you could click on a certain liquor or mixer, and it would tell you ALL the recipies that called for that certain item. (Not just the ones that you had the ingredients for) That way, if say I got my hands on a bottle of Allspice Dram, I could see all the recipies that call for it, and then go out and buy the ingredients I don't have so I could make those drinks. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I thought it was in the old site.

Again, THANKS for the effort!

Try this. Go to the "My Bar" tab and go to the ingredient you are wanting to search for. Then click the "Which can I make?" link.

I have been trying to get back to my old habit of opening up the Grogalizer each evening, going down the list to the next drink I have never made, trying it with Mrs Swanky and voting. That's what we do for fun around the Hideaway...

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.