Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Fridge Transformations

Pages: 1 3 replies

I searched but couldn't find a thread dedicated to transforming fridges. If there is one, please redirect me.

I recently looked at some pictures of my lounge and realized my white fridge stuck out like a (white ceiling)!!! While I have only been focused on the lower half of the decor in my lounge, the fridge exists in that space and truly needs a transformation. I am not too keen on pulling it out of the corner and dragging it to the garage for a paint job...but need some ideas.

Please post pix if your transformed fridge and any suggestions. Plus if I paint it, what happens to the white seal/gasket or whatever that part is called?

H

I USED to have a painted refrigerator in my garage. Yes, you can paint the white gasket on the side that shows when the door is closed. Mrs. Bungalow didn't quite care for the color green I chose... (don't we all want our appliances to be more "green"?). :wink:

B

This may sound tacky, but if you can find wallpaper or that plasticy stuff (no, not dishes!) you put in your cupboards and drawers, in a bamboo pattern, that might help AND you wouldn't have to wrangle the fridge in and out - maybe? Just a thought. Paint sounds pretty good too - especially if you're an artist and can create a pleasant pattern. Let us know what you end up doing.

Pages: 1 3 replies