Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Endless Summer in south mississippi

Pages: 1 8 replies

What started as a tiki bar ended up coast trash. My influences down here are just too strong. But, I thought I would share some pictures with ya'll anyway.

Stated by putting caps and solar light on the post. Then using eye bolts, ran rope around my deck. The bolts, rope, caps, lights, and screws for the bar are all I bought, the rest I found are was given.

I used my old french doors for the front and top of the bar. The rest of the frame was built out of the crate the new doors came in and the old deck railing that I tore down.

Found 4 landscaping timbers and a piece and tin roofing on the side of the road to make a cover. Then just started adding things I've found over the years at the beach and our barrier islands.

I hope ya'll enjoy. I've done more since these pictures, so I'll have some more later. My next project will be my tiki beach around the side of the house. I promised myself that it would stay tiki from start to finish.

Well... yeah... I dig it! Your portable-radio-on-a-rope is a gas! I've been on the lookout for a portable radio like the one on Gilligan's Island. You know, white plastic, a good bit horizontal and batteries that never die.

Having lived in Biloxi, D'Iberville and Bay St. Louis I can appreciate your Endless Summer Bar. Looks fantastic and I will look you up next time I come to visit that part of the country and my family!!!

KK

Welcome to TC seafoodplatter. The cyprus knees are cool, I bet they do some awesome carvings with those. Best wishes on the Tiki Beach - "tiki from start to finish" :)

TZ

Making the bar from the French doors was a cool and creative re-purposing.

I too dig the transistor radio on a rope. Very cool for the gulf, half the battle is that the little guy and your gal like it, go from there!

here are a few more picture we took. The table was the first thing I made. On the way home from work I saw this piling on the beach and managed to get it in my jeep.

Very clever use of those doors. :wink:

I would cover doors in Bamboo.Great job for what you had to work with .

Pages: 1 8 replies