Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Surf Side IV from Az. at Dons Sat april 24th(tiki cd)

Pages: 1 25 replies

Coming from Phoenix Az. for the weekend.
lets welcome these fez wearing lads So. cal. style.

9pm to 12 am, 3 sets, free.
get there early to get a good seat.
http://thesurfsideiv.com
http://myspace.com/TheSurfsideIV
http://www.facebook.com/surfsideiv

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-16 21:25 ]

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-20 21:00 ]

This should be a hoot .Guess were all going to Dons !

This is a MUST SEE!

These guys are a-mazing and coming all the way from sunny Arizona, so please be sure to give them a warm California Aloha...besides, do you really need a reason to go to Don's?

Go see them...you'll be so glad you did!

Thanks Tina,
and good to see you in Tuscon last week.

Jeff(btd)

be sure to come into Don's on Sat after the Car/art show in Seal Beach.
and get there early to get one of the cool flyers above.

Jeff(btd)

oh by the way,
they have a cd called "Ballad of the Tiki"
come pick it up at the show.
its really good, and the title track will fit perfectly in yer home bar.

hope to see some People after the Seal Beach Car/tiki art show swing by Dons for this show.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-21 21:26 ]

So not to scare anyone away or anything, we, Mrs ATP, Wiki Tiki Vicki, David Bowie & myself will grace you with our presence
or cause your eyes to bleed, it all depends on who you are?

We will be the ones all dressed like HitGirl from the movie sensation "Kick Ass"

is that anything like "Beat Girl"
love that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ZWsGHb2gU&feature=related

Did the Psycho Beack Party with those guys a couple years ago at The Tower Bar. Cool bunch of lads, I must say.

On 2010-04-20 09:41, bigtikidude wrote:
be sure to come into Don's on Sat after the Car/art show in Seal Beach.
and get there early to get one of the cool flyers above.

Jeff(btd)

We'll be at Don's post car show, look for the folks using the Volcano and Shag mugs. We'll also be hanging out at The Picture Show Gallery with Mike and friends (Doug Horne, Big Toe, and David Lozeau) during the car show.

On 2010-04-22 09:37, Billy the Crud wrote:
Did the Psycho Beack Party with those guys a couple years ago at The Tower Bar. Cool bunch of lads, I must say.

Damn I forgot about that.
I am losing it.

Jeff(btd)

2nite gang

Huge Tiki Crowd at Dons on sat.
thanks to all that came out for the Surf Side IV.
they were blown away by the turnout.
and the Staff at Dons really stepped up to the plate to take over.
While Marie was out of commission.

sorry if I seemed like I was not really in party mood.
But after the bad news about Marie,
I was really in shock and worried.

Jeff(btd)

The Surfside IV were great! we are bummed out about Marie but I know she would want us all to have a good time for her.

The band was fantastic! We really loved them, and hope they come around again soon. There was a great turnout, and all the non-TC patrons seemed to totally dig them too.

We were also worried about Marie, and so glad to get the news not long into the night that she was going to be okay.

Deanna,

the Surf Side IV will be back in early Aug.
and playing at the SG101 convention that I put together.

thanks always to you and Trevor for coming to the show.
you 2 rule!

Jeff(btd)

Thanks Deanna & Trevor for all the drinks you guys bought everyone, you sure lubricated us up good!
you kids rock!

Jeff - awesome! We're going to SG 101, so we'll look forward to seeing them again there. Thanks for all YOU do to keep us all in the know about these great gigs. You're like the Julie McCoy for OC TC'ers.

Lance - LOL - hey, when you're in need of lubrication, come see us. Our pleasure, and it was fun sharing a table with you guys. See yah Sunday, if not sooner.

Here's a few pics from the night. Some of these are courtesy of Ravenne, posted on Facebook. I realize that I often neglect to post our event pics on TC now, since I'm posting them on Facebook, and most of the people in them are on there. I know not everybody is though, and I always enjoy seeing pics from other people, so I'll stop slacking on that!

Everyone enjoys the Big Toe / Dave Lozeau "drink n' sketch".

Mmmmm...appetizers and art

Carlee's suggested subject "Bikini Girls with Machine Guns" produced these two gems. Dave's is on the left, and Toe's on the right. These were drawn spontaneously in 5 minutes. I'm in awe at the talent!

My suggested theme "Smurfs on Crack" resulted in these next three disturbing sketches (not sure why these pics are so small - sorry!)

Smurfs on Crack, by Dave Lozeau. I got to take this one home - thanks Dave!

Smurfs on Crack, by Big Toe. Ravenne didn't have a finished pic of this, but I know the lucky girl who went home with this one too. Thank you Toesy!

Smurfs on Crack, artist name unknown. One of the Don's patrons sitting at another table decided to get in on the drink n' draw. Cool.

Me n' Trevor (Tiki Kitty and Top Cat)

Atomic Tiki Punk (Lance) clutches his swizzle stick collection for the night. This photo seems to call for an "ARRRRRRGH" caption, doesn't it?

Kisses for Trevor from Stacey (Happy Chi)

Doug Horne (Swampfire) throws out some jazz hands

Stacey is passionate about her Lapus

The adorable and soon-to-be betrothed Jason and Dannelle (Jason Wickedly and Tiki Dudai)

Our lovely resident photographer, Ravenne, with Toe and Dave Lozeau

Thanks for the Pics, Deanna and Ravenne.

Jeff(btd)

"ARRRRRRGH"

Does anybody else think that BigToe looks a bit like "Dean Martin" with a beard!
By the way BigToe is one hell of a nice guy! really! good guy!

L
LHR posted on Wed, Apr 28, 2010 11:13 AM

Hey Jeff and the other TC folks! Thanks for having us out to Don's. It was a blast. Hope to come back one day.

Someone shot a little video snippet, actually, in cased you missed it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjbrown/4557632407/?likes_hd=1

Wow - great video! Thanks for posting. Great band too - see you guys in a few months.

I could never do the suit and Fez thing if I was in a band,
but damn it looks swanky.

thanks again for comin out guys.
Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 25 replies