Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

My yet to be named home bar in Melbourne, Australia (IN PROGRESS!)

Pages: 1 11 replies

Plan to do a lot more work on this in the coming year, but thought I'd post how things are looking so far. Unfortunately, we are in a rental property (long-term-thankfully!) so that limits us a bit as we are trying not to do anything un-doable or un-portable. Will try and get some night shots up soon, as it looks great by torchlight!

[ Edited by: tikisafari 2010-04-17 21:14 ]

P.S. Fixed the first photo. Not sure how "DJ Korrupt" made an appearance. Must have been something screwy with my img host!

Very nice Tikisafari. Lush and tropical, great looking floor (teak?).
Bamboo?...check
Tiki mugs?...check
Torches?...check
Carvings?...check
Blowfish?...check
Paintings?...check

Looks like you're getting it covered. And bonus points for the bikes :)

Thanks, Mike! Kinda bummed out I can't completely bamboo mat the walls at risk of a cranky landlord with a wall full of tack holes, but learning to adapt : )

It is a plus that tropical foliage thrives here. Helps out with the vibe :)

Will update once in a while as things progress.

Hopefully, the next place we live in, we will own and then...look out!

S

Looking good. Hopefully I can come over some day with a bottle of rum and have a few drinks with you.

I'm a little biased, but I think the Tiki Cruiser looks FABULUUUUUZ!!!! Great job so far and love the foliage too.

Great to see another fellow countryman! (Trader Vics take note!)
I know how you feel when you are renting and are restricted with what you can do. There are a few threads on here with others that are in the same situation, it looks like your on a great start. Keep posting pictures
Trader Bob

Thanks, Vampiress RN. And definitely, swizzle. Been really busy lately, but hoping to fire the bar up for a gathering soon before it gets too cold!

Thanks, Bob. Will do!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 3:49 AM

Looks great! Loving the bikes (Ive got a taboo tiki too). Renting sucks, but you're pretty lucky to have a nice covered area to work with, and the plants look great :D Also good to see another Aussie on here

H

Go Aussies!
Nice work safari - just need a safari wagon out front to complete the picture!
Looking forward to coming back home and setting up my home tiki bar in Brisbane sometime soon...
cheers.

TT

Hey Safari, there are ways to go all out even in a rental property, you can build a freestanding structure within the space and attach everything to it including false walls with matting etc, a ceiling, whatever..
Then when you move you can pull it down and the house is back to original.
It also makes it easy to hide all of your electical leads etc for hanging/wall lights......
Trav

Pages: 1 11 replies