Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 10:03 PM

Drawing of a painting of a painter painting an observer

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 11:06 PM

sQUARE rOOT

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 11:11 PM

$1000 dollar dustbin (Symptoms of the last days of the Roman empire disease)

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 11:26 PM

Absurdism
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia

Featured visual
Blemmyes from Hartmann Schedel's Nuremberg Chronicle (1493)
Blemmyes from Hartmann Schedel's Nuremberg Chronicle (1493)

Absurdism is a philosophy stating that the efforts of humanity to find meaning in the universe will ultimately fail (and, hence, are absurd) because no such meaning exists, at least in relation to humanity.

Absurdism is related to Existentialism, though should not be confused with it. Absurdism has its roots in the 19th century Danish philosopher, Søren Kierkegaard. Absurdism as a concept was born of the Existentialist movement when the French philosopher and writer Albert Camus broke from that philosophical line of thought and published his manuscript The Myth of Sisyphus. The aftermath of World War II provided the social environment that stimulated absurdist views and allowed for their popular development, especially in the devastated country of France.

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Apr 24, 2010 10:12 AM

Taco de Ojo or Eyeball taco
These actually exist.
It's also slang for staring at a sweet senorita's figure.
Ballpoint pen on scrap paper.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 7:31 AM

If you happen to be in Absurdistland (Andre Breton: "Mexico is the most excellent of surrealist countries") this month, please visit my exhibit! 35 masterpieces! Free wine!

There is a concrete elephant's head on top of the building's door... Nobody know why or how the head got there... Someone told me there was a bar there decades ago called "El Elefante". Weird!

Certified MAD!
:lol:
"Drawing of a painting of a painter painting an observer"....
Great observation of the strange relationship between artist/observer-patron/and the art itself...
Enjoy seeing the humor you squeeze from the
most mundane objects and concepts!
ABSURD!
Hope your exhibition
leaves the whole crowd delighted!
:)

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 8:44 AM

Mahalo Pequeno Tiki Perdido! I was not trying to observe much, I just thought that it looked cool! Then, of course I observed it and I thought it was absurd... that kind of stuff where you just can't get your mind around... like two mirrors facing each other. Some kind of time space wrap portal blah blah blah. That which cannot be put into words. It is all about spontaneity. Most of my "good" doodles are successful mistakes. You can't beat freehand. Of all of Picasso's (or almost any of my favorite artists for that matter) art, the doodles in his personal blackbooks are my favorite. Raw. Directly from the brain to paper. You have to doodle a lot to get some good stuff, but when you finally find something good, it can be great. Oneliners. The key is not to think.

Do you like my artsy fartsy art talk?

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 9:22 AM

You asked for it...

La fiesta de los quesos
Las Funestas # 3
MAD # 94
Impresion digital
tinta sobre papel coloreado con Photoshop
Coleccion de Meaghan A. Donah
Cambridge Mass.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 10:50 AM

As I pondered some more on the piece "Drawing of a painting of a painter painting an observer" I realized that there is some kind of tradition in this kind of theme... I have to point out there are some paintings that definetly come to my mind's eye.

Jan van Eyck's "Arnolfini's marriage"
Diego Velazquez "Meninas"
M.C. Escher's "Selfportrait with sphere"
Dali's "Self portrait with Gala"
N. Rockwell's triple selfportrait
Picasso's "Artist and muse" series

But this particular aproach of mine is new...

Cheers for me!

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 4:50 PM

The famous ""Drawing of a painting of a painter painting an observer" digital color version. Published originally in MAD Mexico #109

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 11:44 PM

I just found this video today and I think cyriak is a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not exagerating.
You better sit down while you watch it...
This is the best... Absurdist 5 minute masterpiece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3JCESdFNyw
:o

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, May 17, 2010 11:59 AM

Brain Escape
Skateboard graphic

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, May 18, 2010 2:32 PM

I know it's kind of cliche, but hey, I did it when I was 22!

Published in MAD Mexico #104

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, May 29, 2010 12:48 AM

God almighty with skateboard

(Self portrait at infinitum/God modeled after me)

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2010 5:20 PM

This is not a post.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jun 24, 2010 10:19 PM

"Pirataz del espacio"
International anti-brand ambush marketing street art sticker campaign. Brandalism.
http://www.fotolog.com/zatarip
Since 2002

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jun 26, 2010 8:29 AM

El Vago (The Slacker) # 5 page 2

"Help the slacker by coloring the drawings yourself"

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Jul 23, 2010 6:29 PM

Painting contest

Second place

That's Absurd!

Zeta, I don't mean to hijack your thread but that reminded me of something; about 20 years ago I entered a mixed media piece into the local fair. It was a spoof on abstract art, on the side of the canvas I attached a piece of plexiglas and painted a blue-first place rosette ribbon on the plexiglas - the wall showed through behind the painted ribbon so it looked like it was a real ribbon hanging on the wall. I saw a friend after the judging, they said they saw my painting and it had a prize ribbon on it. I laughed and told them that was not a real ribbon, that I had painted it there. Turns out it WAS a real ribbon, I had won 2nd place :lol: I sold that painting to my brother-in-law for a buck just so I could say I was a "professional" artist.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jul 28, 2010 11:10 AM

Thanks for the feedback ATP MDM !

ZETA'S ABURDIST ART IS SPONSORED BY:

POWDER WATER

Dehydrated H2O

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Jul 30, 2010 8:36 AM

Dustbin in a trashcan.

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jul 31, 2010 5:54 PM

Dead chicken walking