Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Smog Check Lounge!

Pages: 1 20 replies

Hi, my name is Tiffany, and I'm in Point Loma (San Diego).

Hi! Just wanted to put in a quick plug for my shop!

If your car needs a smog, bring it down to Smog Oasis--- the ONLY tiki-themed smog check center in the WORLD!!!

Visit our website for info and pictures: http://www.smogoasis.com

Hope to see you!

Tiffany

How cool! Thumbs up! There is a volcano in Iceland that is in bad need of a smog check!

LOL

Wow, it actually is.

Looks like a lot better place to wait than the last place I had to get a smog check.

T

Cooll! Nice decor... the place I go is decorated with a chain link fence.

Would be great if you could serve mai tais to customers waiting for their smog check... but then they'd drive off all mai taied up!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2010-04-21 16:44 ]

:lol: Welcome to TC!

Awesome!

Thanks for the replies, and for checking out my site. Bamboo ben- I'm a big fan!!! Anyway... come down and see us for your next smog. Tell Matt to give you the Tiki Central discount!!!

Wow! Very cool. Next smog I'm there.

I smell franchise!!

B

Shoot, I am SO going to take my truck there net time! Last time I got it smogged I was having trouble with the OBC monitors not resetting themselves because I had the battery out not long before. I had to go back and get them rechecked so many times before finally passing. I'm soo sick of that dump!

Your place will be a welcome oasis!

Bowie

How fun!!! If I was smogging in San Diego...it would be at your place.

M

That is super cool- I actually was thinking that a smog check place would be a good business to open a few years ago. Great idea!

B

Will you be coming to Seattle anytime soon? I think all our emission places are state run though (aren't smog tests the same as emission tests?). Nice folks but when they do the testing you have to sit in a cold, glass-encased "penalty box" that is somewhat exposed to the elements. I would much rather be sippin' a Kona coffee latte and reading a Tiki mag in your luxurious waiting "lounge!" It looks so welcoming. Nice job!

Ok, I admit, when I first read this post I was like "CRAP, more SPAM!" But I was wrong. Great job on the place and it's awesome that the site has banners for TC, Oasis and TikiMag. My only suggestion would be to ditch the inflatable out front :wink:

T

Now this is what I call Tiki resurgence....maybe hair salons, and other businesses will follow....Making something as droll as a Smog Check more fun...Cool !

Thanks for all the responses! Hey! If you're going to be in San Diego for Tiki Oasis, we're giving a $30 discount to all TIKI OASIS ticket holders. Just show your ticket or wristband for your discount... This promotion will run all summer long, so no matter when your smog is due, we'll honor the TIKI OASIS discount!!!

PS--- TIKIYAKI---

HUGE FAN!!! We only play exotica in our waiting room - and need to add you to our playlist!!!

Just wanted to thank Todd for stopping in yesterday, after seeing us on Tiki Central! Hope you liked the place! Aloha and Mahalo!!!

On 2010-04-28 14:00, SmogOasis wrote:
PS--- TIKIYAKI---

HUGE FAN!!! We only play exotica in our waiting room - and need to add you to our playlist!!!

Thanx ! Even better that you ply Exotica in your waiting room. That's MY kinda Smog joint !

I know this thread is a little old, but I just noticed it...I brought my car here last summer (2010) when I needed a smog check, and I was really impressed--not only because of the decor but because of how quickly I was finished. Not that I minded waiting in the sweet little tiki lounge they have set up for their waiting room, but nobody wants to spend any longer than necessary to get their car worked on, and they had me in and out in less than 30 minutes. Also, the owner and the other guy working there that day were so incredibly friendly. In short, these folks have found a way to make what is normally a really annoying task actually be pretty darned pleasant. (Maybe they could give my dentist a few hints...) I'll definitely be bringing my car back here in the future. Highly recommended!

Pages: 1 20 replies