Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

pray for Marie...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies

H

Hope you will have a quick recovery. I would love to come to Don's and taste one of your great drinks. Get well soon.

What great news for a great day!! I'm praying for your speedy recovery, Marie.

Thank you for the update, Jonpaul! This is awesome news!!! Much love to you and Marie, and we ALL look forward to seeing you soon!!! Someone make that woman a Mai Tai!

Hey JP,
thanks for the update man,
that is great news, and I am really happy.
I got a little teary eyed too.
what's wrong with me.
:o :wink:

I just hope that the physical therapy goes fast and easy.

and I hope that you are doing ok too.
I know how run down you get just going out 2 or 3 days in a row.
take care of yerself, and make sure you get rest, and food too.

Best of Luck with everything.
Gimme a call if you can, I have a few questions about Fri. and Sat nights.

ttyl
Jeff(btd)

Jonpaul, thank you for taking the time to keep us updated!

The progress Marie is making is truly wonderful news!

Sending more quick healing wishes your way!

T
TNT posted on Thu, Apr 29, 2010 7:33 AM

We are so glad to hear things are heading in a positive direction. Our thoughts are with you both.

T

Cindy and I are so relieved that both are you are doing better as well as your spirits . Please keep us updated . We were all worried sick . Hang in there. This too will pass. I cant wait for Marie to fix me up one of her famous Rockstars for me . hahaha

I had no idea this happened until just now... After visiting DTB last week, one of my mugs chipped in transit to CT. I sent an email yesterday asking how I might purchase a replacement, and just received a reply from Marie APOLOGIZING for not being able to send a mug right away.

Wow, I cannot praise this woman enough! I sincerely hope this is a sign she is on the road to recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Thanks for the update JP.
Claudette and I are also breathing a great sigh of relief.
Marie is truly a blessed spirit and we are all the better for knowing
her and you. Look forward to seeing her as soon as she can receive
visitors. Wishing you guys all the best for a speedy recovery!

Huuuuraaaaay! That was the best thing I could have read this week! SO glad to hear that things are heading in the right direction, Jonpaul, and that Marie is showing some of her playful spirit that we all love so much. I have been getting updates over on FB too, and was excited when someone said you had posted here again with some positive news. I'll PM you for the details on sending manifestations of love and good mana, and will look forward to the next update. As others have said, please don't forget to take care of YOU too!

Much love and positive energy towards you both,

Deanna and Trevor

T

Glad to hear that Marie is making excellent progress towards recovery. We continue to keep Marie and Jonpaul in our prayers.

Marie & Jonpaul, we are so glad the news is only getting better, you guys rest & recharge
Marie, Nancy & I are thinking of you & hope everyday brings more healing.

On 2010-04-28 13:50, JONPAUL wrote:
I know that many out there consider this 'our little hobby,' but the profound way that people have
come together in love, support and as family at a time like this, proves that it is much, much more.
Jonpaul

And conversely, it is wonderful folks like you and Marie that allows a outpouring so easily. I have been away for a few days and just saw this, I am a believing Christian and my wife and I will pray daily for recovery, comfort, peace and God's presence for both of you as well as continued provision.
Steve and Deva Andrews

I just heard from Marie (meaning via e-mail) and she sounded great! She is one tough cookie, a little car mash-up ain't gonna do her in. :)

Thats such good news it deserved to be posted twice! All the good mana sent has definately found its way to her. Stoked to hear that Marie is back to some of her antics, and that she is on her way to re-coopville. Shes a hard charger!

That's awesome news - really glad to hear it. JP, if you guys need anything at all just call...even if you need someone just to bring you over Taco Bell, or a flask of Diplomatico or something :wink: Love you guys, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Jason and Dannelle

Marie - We hope your Weekend is full of Sunshine!!! We are here for you if you need ANYTHING.

For anyone that is going to the Bamboo Ben event this sunday.
Ben is going to have a Big Get well Card for Marie, for everybody to sign there.

and please swing by Don the Beachcomber after.
there is a Card and a 3 ring binder for people to sign for her there also.

thanks
Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-30 09:20 ]

O

Marie,

We all missed you at the Tiki Ti yesterday and Trader Vic's last night. You and Jon were in every ones thoughts. Get well soon. If you need a Mai Tai smuggled in, let me know! ;()

AF

I just heard of this news last night and have been thinking of you since Marie. I know you're a tough cookie, so please know that everyone is pulling for your speedy recovery!
A

HJ

Prayers for better-than-before healing from the Central Coast...metro Chicago on the Great Lakes

H

On 2010-04-30 20:15, Haole Jim wrote:
Prayers for better-than-before healing from the Central Coast...metro Chicago on the Great Lakes

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild her, we have the technology. We have the capability...Better than she was before. Better. Stronger. Faster."

Inky and Smiley send best wishes for a fast and full recovery!

R

Marie, we miss your smile, your big heart and your great drinks.

We send all our prayers and best wishes for you both.

Jeff and Patti Crane

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery Marie.

I know from personal experience, the full value of all of these good thoughts and prayers that are being directed your way.

Thinking of you today Marie and hope you are dealing with less pain and recovering well. Sending positive vibes your way. Luvya Vamp (Marlene)

Marie,

Audrey, Sophia and I miss you and hope to see you again soon at Don's. Sophie's just not the same without a visit from her favorite person.

Chris Johns

There were a number of dedications to Marie during today's pier show.
Thanks to San Diego's Superwave, "I can see clearly now" , audio only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r46cNBojVVI

I went and visited Marie and JP yesterday at the Hospital.
To take her the cards that everybody signed at Dons, and at the HB pier Sun.
Considering how bad the accident was, she is in good spirits and surprisingly
pretty coherent. She will have a long healing process, but is so thankful to be alive, and that its not worse than it is. Everything that happened is all heal able in time.

I hope everybody keeps her in their thoughts/prayers,
and Keep an eye out for the Upcoming Benefit show at Don the Beachcomber.

My Best Wishes to you Marie.

Jeff(btd)

I hadn't check into TC in a while, so I couldn't believe what had happened. Terrible...
Marie, wishing you a speedy recovery both of you hang in there....

I was in Huntington for work today, so I stopped by Don's to sign the card for Marie (I missed the one at Bamboo Ben's). A day late, and a dollar short I suppose. Keep on keepin on Marie. Hopefully there'll be a benefit of some sort to try and help pay medical bills and such. I'll gladly go and spend all my money to try and help out such a cool lady.

Sorry for any misunderstanding about the Card siuation.
I said that the card would be at Dons for a week, until sunday night after the Ben event.
and that I would be taking it to Marie on Monday. which I did.

there will be a fundraiser and event for Marie,
Soccer Tiki will be making a post about it tomorrow Hopefully.
May 30th is the day, so keep it open.

Jeff(btd)

No problem Jeff. I knew you were going to pick it up Sunday, but I figured it was worth a shot. I'll make sure I've got the 30th open...

Can't wait for the details on the benefit, May 30 is my birthday and I can't think of a better way to spend it!

Jen

Laura and I are on our way to pay Marie a little visit!!! We will send her everybody's love!!! Rapa Nui Man!!

That's cool Scott,
thanks man,

Jeff(btd)

I think Marie could use a good jolt of concentrated positive vibes rightabout now, don't weaken in your effort, everybody!

We plan on visiting Marie tomorrow afternoon with flowers, fluff goodies,
and good vibes! See you soon Marie!

J & C

Info for Benefit show on Sun May 30th at Dons to be announced soon.
keep yer eyes peeled for the info.

Jeff(btd)

J

Aloha Everyone,

Once again, I have to begin by extending an ENORMOUS thank you for the tremendous outpouring
of love and encouragement for Marie. Every single post, email, text message, card, flower, gift and
visit has done wonders for her spirit and helped to alleviate her constant pain.
I've been putting everything up around her in the hospital room and it makes her so happy to have a visual
reminder of how much she's loved and appreciated.
Honestly, it's been a rough road--good days, bad days, ups and downs, mainly trying to manage the
intense level of pain she has to endure.
Please know that every thought, prayer, good vibe and well wish has been heard, felt and appreciated
beyond what mere 'thank you' can express.
She is on the road to recovery, physical therapy has been working with her every day and she is growing
stronger.
I'm still picking up and bringing her cards and packages, so please don't hesitate to PM me for the address
if anyone's interested.
Much love,
Jonpaul

T
TikiG posted on Thu, May 6, 2010 1:45 PM

Thanks for the update Jonpaul -

Love and positive vibes always for you two. G

Ouh man, that picture....that is just too much. Funny, beautiful, moving...everything in one.

So glad to hear the update JonPaul, you kids hang in there! we are thinking of you guys everyday!

O
Otto posted on Thu, May 6, 2010 3:52 PM

Marie and Jon Paul, sorry for such a late note to you. I am so relieved to hear that Marie is OK and getting better. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I see that the Tiki Gods are also sharing their love! Get better soon, the Tiki scene can,t live without you.

T

I am so glad to hear and see that Marie is making good progress! We're continuously sending love and healing energy!

i heard the bad news and just wanted to say to marie our thoughts are with you.hang in there make a speedy recovery!!! best to jon paul as well.
best regards,
tony

T

Woooot!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies