Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Drink ideas for a mug I've got?

Pages: 1 0 replies

T

Sadly, I don't have a picture of this one. It's thinner than any new mug I've held (I'm a beginning collector, and this was my first of only three mugs so far - the others being a new mug and an older TVs Fogcutter vase). This mug is glazed in white and brown, and shows a sort of wise old Chinese sage or monk, carrying a walking stick and holding what looks like a coconut. His face, ears, beard, hands and round feet are white, as is the underside, while the rest is mottled brown and the top and bottom rims are dark brown. The back has "Four Seas Seattle" in black under the glaze, and the bottom reads "Made exclusively for Four Seas, Seattle" and has a gold sticker with "O M C Japan". Four Seas is a Chinese restaurant that's still around, and I need to go check out their bar.

In the meantime, I know a local bar that might let me bring in a mug to drink from - I'd have to ask. If they did allow this, anyone have an idea of what drink to put in this thing? I have no clue what sorts of tropical drinks Chinese places once had; no vintage Chinese joint with a bar I've visited yet still serves anything very tropical, save for one in Auburn that serves a killer Zombie, and some recall having had mugs but none remember what mugs they had, or what drink came in which mug.

Pages: 1 0 replies