Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

48 hours of death...

Pages: 1 15 replies

Has anyone else around this board fallen victim to a stomach virus going around that literally make every bone and muscle in your bod feel like it has been hit by a sledgehammer and sprained to boot?? Shakes so bad that I can barely handle a gatorade glass? Fever of 101? I literally thought that I had been poisoned when I woke up with this last night. This is the first time I have had enough strength to sit in a chair....

You haven't opened any suspicious mail that contained a strange white powder or taken a trip to China recently have you? I usually feel that way every monday morning, but I finally traced the cause back to what I had to drink on sunday. All kidding aside, sounds like the flu to me. I suggest plenty of aspirin, vitamin C, fluids and bed rest. Hope you're feeeling better soon.

R
Rain posted on Sun, May 4, 2003 8:31 PM

that sounds like food poisoning. i got that nasty stuff around christmastime.

Definately food poisoning! I had that once from a Vegas Buffet. Definitely wasn't farting a tune, was more like thunder and lightening!!

T

That Jimmy buffet! he'll do it to you every time...

I woke up this morning literally thanking God for allowing me to live. I have never been in that much pain before.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-05-05 09:51 ]

Kahuna, I hope you went to the doctor! I hope you feel better soon.

Nope...no doctor, though I was on the verge of ER'ing it. I feel better today, after drinking about ten gallons of water and gatorade and taking Pepto and Tylenol, although I'm somewhat weak.

S
Swanky posted on Mon, May 5, 2003 4:37 PM

Food poisoning usually calls for a lot of stuff coming out both ends and lots of sick until that's over.

There's just no telling, but Kiliki's bosses family all went through something similar as the baby girl got it, then the other daughterm, then mom and finally dad all hovered near death for a couple of days. Likely similar.

Get some real rest if you can.

M

We had a big family seafood dinner a few weeks ago. Seventyfive percent of those present got sick but some didn't get sick for several days after the event. We still aren't sure what hit us. It included alot of cramping and similar symptoms you described but perhaps not quite as extreme. Not fun.

BK~

In reading JUST your posts on this, I do believe there is a song here. Yeah, a few minor lyric adjustments, but I hear either Dylan singing or a fast, hard, rockin' garage band playing.

I better go make sure that wasn't a regular coca cola that I poured in my glass.....

rrrrrrrrockin'CaddyDaddy

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-05-05 17:46 ]

T

On 2003-05-05 17:07, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
BK~

In reading JUST your posts on this, I do believe there is a song here.

"The Day My Guts Came Out"
(Sung to a County Tune feel)

I think it was the tuna, or maybe the hot dogs' that put me on my knees that day.

When I was bent over hurling, toiletbowl water swirling, I thought I heard somebody say -

(Chorus)

Oh god, oh god, why'd I go out and eat at the "Hometown Buffet" in Culver City.

There ain't been no brokenheart in many a moon, that's made me feel so goddamn shitty.

(Verse)

When I wiped off my mouth, with a blouse from my spouse, I began to feel my insides a churnin'.

I tried to standup and wipe off my butt, but it was too late cause my sphincter was a burnin'

T

I've never gotten a fever with food poisoning, so maybe it is the flu. Not to mention you don't say anything about throwing up, which is a staple of my food poisoning experiences.

The body pain you describe sounds spot-on like a nasty virus...

Here's hoping you feel better very soon! and Herb Caen's recommendations aside, I don't know if I'd recommend any "Vitamin V"...

I don't ever throw up...haven't since I was a baby. Is that a weird thing? Made me a legend as a teenager. I could hold amounts of drink few others would even consider without want of a good hurl.

Hey BK hope you're feelin mo' betta!

I got good ol' Montezuma's Revenge about 18 years ago down in Mazatlan. I woke up in the middle of the night, climbed over my friend sleeping in the next bed jumped into the bath tub and blew out of every orfice I had!! Man, that was heavy. The next day we went to a bull fight and I was heaving still!! (and washing it down with Tecate!) Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

BK~
I know it's seems to be over now, but you might want to make a visit to the doctor anyway. My folks took a riverboat cruise a month or so ago and an intestinal virus was running rampant onboard. The gruesome symptoms only lasted a few days, but when my dad went for a checkup a few weeks later, they found out he had a low platelet count, which they attributed to the virus.

Pages: 1 15 replies