Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Found Witco Bar

Pages: 1 2 3 103 replies

BOHO

Moai spotted??

Another member sent me this...

I didn't notice it at first, could it be the missing giant Moai?

I talked with someone who knows where the giant Moai is. He also said it was made of wood, plaster, chicken wire and rock. It is still around, hope to get a photo soon.

Also, it is absolutely confirmed 100% now that Rich's bar DID NOT come from the Bali Hai

[ Edited by: Bali O Hai O 2010-05-13 21:34 ]

Saw another WITCO stool set this weekend at a Flea Market in Rogers Ohio that would match this set perfect. Guy was asking $100 for both Witco stools.

On 2010-06-20 12:47, Bali O Hai O wrote:
Saw another WITCO stool set this weekend at a Flea Market in Rogers Ohio that would match this set perfect. Guy was asking $100 for both Witco stools.

HEY ,THANKS FOR THE TIP.
I went last friday,the guy still had them.they were a little weatherd,
but they will clean up nice.
got them both for $50.00
I'll post the pics soon.

New Photos

A lot of really cool stuf has been found these past weeks from Bali Hai.

The most recent owner turned us on to more mugs and witco stuff he had for years, MikenRich bought all he had after it was confirmed that it came from the Bali Hai.

qoute;
"The most recent owner turned us on to more mugs and witco stuff he had for years, MikenRich bought all he had after it was confirmed that it came from the Bali Hai."

SO, where are those pics?

Great pix of the Bali Hai memorabilia... The stuff that has come to surface over the past few months is remarkable...To think some people didn't even know the place existed. The Witco pieces I bought are nothing fancy, matter of fact you can see some of it in the photos hanging in the background on the walls. I like the fact that you have those great old Black and White photos of the table settings and the same table lamp matches the ones you found. Can't wait to see the other pix!...has anyone located the Giant Moai Head?...I've heard it's still around in someones garden in louisville, ohio??

Y
Yeti posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 10:44 AM

Strangely enough, my wife and I planned a Tiki party for this past weekend, so I went out looking for a suitable bar in the local second hand stores... and we wound up with what appears to be the exact same Witco bar that Elvis had in the Jungle Room at Graceland! It needs some touching up, and the stools are a little different- but I was blown away to see the pictures from the jungle room when I started researching ours today. We took it out on the deck for the party but rest assured it came back into the house, and is surrounded by velvet paintings now. I'm reeling. Here's ours:

Heres the Jungle Room bar:

Here's ours in action:

Happy Tiki all!!!

Wow! Great find. The Tiki Gods were looking out for you that day. Congratulations.

Darilyn

Pages: 1 2 3 103 replies