Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Summer Mug Swap is a GO!! (Post pics of your trades!!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 181 replies

L

I will get your names no later than June 2 :)

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND :

Wrap with bubble wrap---and lots of it! Newspaper does not protect the way bubble wrap does

Send packages no later or as close to the 15th of June as possible. If the 15th is approaching and you arent close to shipping please PM me so I dont have people emailing me 100 times asking about their box

TRACKING INFORMATION -- pay $0.75 and get it if your ship to address is in the US. PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Somewhere on the box please make sure you put your REAL and your TIKICENTRAL names

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Please take a picture and post it for us all to enjoy. Your swapper puts a lot of thought into what they are sending so please at least show some love for him/her

Last minute stragglers you got about 24 hours to jump on board....so whats keeping ya???

:)

L

One FINAL bump (I promise!)

Last minute stragglers please add yourself to the list by tonight and everyone you will have your trades tomorrow

This is going to be a huge swap!!

Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on Liz gimmie the name of my swap partner!

L

You will have your swap names by tonight as I will be working on sending you your trades all day :)

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK Liz, thanks!

Both Swaps packed and ready to go...

Ready to Send!

Z

Woo-HOO!

T

I just sent mine.

L

IF YOU WERE GIVEN SOMEONE INTERNATIONAL AND CAN NOT AFFORD TO SEND TO THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!

Please be sure to PM me and not leave a message here...just so everyone is surprised :)

I know there are a lot of things happening right now..Caliente and Hukilau ---if you are waiting to ship until you get back thats fine.

If you roll past the 15th then feel free to give me a heads up.

There are a few of you that have not received your trades because I have to check on a few addresses.

Come tomorrow EVERYONE should be set.

Get your swap on

L

That is it you all have your swap partners so get to packing and get to sending !

PLEASE post pics of your trades when you get them.

and PM me with any issues you may be having :)

T

Great Job Liz. Thanks

T

Both trades ready to go. Going to Tiki Caliente tomorrow, might find something else to add to the packages.
Will mail both next week.

Z

Whomever gets Pilkey's Dog, be generous. He got bumped out of the last swap, and needs extra aloha.

~Zero

thanks again leleliz for pulling this together! again! packing my box for shipping next week.

Z

Ready to GO!!!!

Woo-HOO!!
Sending out aloha because th e leleliz is awesome!
~Zero

UPDATE
Top package has been received. Second package has to go to Canada, eh?

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-06-05 10:07 ]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-06-09 09:20 ]

ZeroTiki - awesome packaging!

IT'S ON, Y'ALL!!! Let the mugs be a-swapping!

M

Tiki Mug and goodies have shipped all the way from Maui to PA.
Should arrive end of the week.

TIKI CHRISTMAS IN JUNE!

I was about to run some errands when the mailman appeared through the fronds of the Japanese maple...box in hand. "Looks like you got something interesting!"

The package was sent from Bongo Bungalow and was so perfect I was not sure I wanted to open the parcel. But, Ms. Martini just about beat me in the noodle with a pineapple -- and a pineapple trumps a noodle even more often than paper trumps rock.

So, I carefully extracted the box and left Bongo's calling-card decorative wrap in place...as best as possible. Thank you for the tikified art work, Bongo!

So, I freed the paper away from the box and tried to gain access. Bongo had this box reinforced and refortified! I was denied several times over, until the x-acto knife won the battle of the tape.

Once inside, I discovered these treasures:

Bongo, I started my collection with Orchids of Hawaii hula girl mugs. So, it is ironic but perfect that this would be part of my booty. She is the second one on the left (front row). The one to her left is my very first mug.

Bongo, your John Hancock is going up on the Hooper Lounge wall along with Shag, Derek, Brian Setzer and the incomparable Dick Dale. Mele Kalikimaka and many mahalos to you!!!

YES, I KNOW I STILL NEED TO PAINT THE TRIM BROWN ON THE FRONT OF MY SHELVES!!!

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-06-05 16:37 ]

L

When you receive your package POST HERE...please...so your tradeee knows it came and also so we can all see what you got!

My offering to the TIKI collective is now in the wind! ( hope the reciever digs it , I even included a little TIKIVILLE carving!)

Oh my, Vince! Yeah... you've got a few of those hula girl mugs alright! Well, anyway, glad you enjoyed it all!

P
phinz posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2010 6:07 PM

My box will be going out after I get back from The Hukilau, so it will be out on the 15th or 16th. I wanted to leave room for any groovy Hukilau stuff I pick up to send.

My box came in today, but my camera is in Ft. Lauderdale with Tiki 65, awaiting my arrival tomorrow.

U

Received a package from Pikey's Dog Yesterday. What a TREASURE TROVE of goodies...all the way from the UK. Included were a tall Kon Tiki mug and a Kon Tiki salt and pepper set (neither of which I had) plus swizzles, menus, matches, and a bunch of other good stuff. Mahalo!!

Z

Just received my Brenda's house of tiki parcel!! Woohoo!!!
photos of this awesome haul to come

On 2010-06-09 16:20, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Oh my, Vince! Yeah... you've got a few of those hula girl mugs alright! Well, anyway, glad you enjoyed it all!

Bongo, my Tiki Swap Swag Package rocked!

Brenda, you are so awesome!! I hope you like your package- it's a bit modest... :(

Got Mine! Thanks Zero Tiki. That was super quick!

I'll post photos later!

got home from the post office after dropping off my outgoing box to only find one already at my door.....

Thanks tam tiki for everything...pics coming tomorrow.. :)

Dropped my package off at the post office today! Can't wait till mine arrives. I am super excited.

L

SOrry I have not been posting updates. I have a lot going on so I have been distracted :)

Here is what I pulled from my pms...some of you may already have gotten your bo (way to stay on top Liz!)

Tiki-Atari
Cap n Pharaoh
Ukutiki
Catmomma
Tikisgrl
Ka'lenatiki
Psycho Tiki D
Easter Island Elvis
Pittsburgh Pauly
Exquisite Corpse
Mauitiki
Phinz
Tikiville

Please pm me when you have shipped also PLEASE post pics here so we can see whatcha got!

oh and I promise to post more updates !

new mug swap stuff!!!

the mugs

swizzles, bar stuff and monkeys!

Thanks again Tam Tiki for a great swap.

From Zerotiki:

A Shonfield's tiki mug and various paper ephemera, drink umbrella's etc. Mahalo for the postcards and original art.

Shipped my 2 on Sat.

C

Shipped my goodies out on Saturday. Heading to Vegas for most of the week. I look forward to maybe having a box when I get home!

P
phinz posted on Mon, Jun 14, 2010 8:53 AM

I'm back from The Hukilau and mine goes in the mail tomorrow, as my transporter got in late last night.

L

Ok guys I can't post updates if you all keep posting here that you are sending yours. Its supposed to be a surprise remember???
Please be on the lookout :

Crushenstein
TikiPops
John the Mainlander
Exquisite Corpse
Lighting Steve
Bongo Bungalow
Kilted Tiki
TikiPops (again)
Tam Tiki
Tiki Daye
Tiki Shaker
Savage Tiki
Tiki Pug
Please be sure to ship this week if you have not already done so.

If you are expecting it to be late than this week please let me know.

Thanks!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-06-14 19:00 ]

TT

Woo Hoo! I got my box from Lilusako - and it was packed! I got a great mug that I did not have, some cool swizzle sticks, napkins, more cups, finger monkeys, stickers, postcards...and COOKIES! What a haul! I'll post pictures tomorrow! Thanks, Lilusako (Jocelyn)!

Tam Tiki

Receiving my box today reminded me I have been bad and have to get mine out, which I will select tomorrow and have shipped by Wednesday, oh, what to send, what to send??

My package was picked up by the tikihammer today...

Tiki goodness from House Of Ku! Swag included House of Hong chopsticks, Coco Joe's Catalog, Coco Joe's artifacts dug up @ Punaluu factory fire, a Pearl City Tavern swizzle and...

Perhaps one of the coolest things I have seen in quite sometime...and never have seen before...House of Hong scorpion bowl in it's original box with the bird's nest packaging.

Again, this trade was fantastic and thank you so much to Freddie (House Of Ku)!

Mahalo!

PTD

Glad you likee....:) I know you have a great collection and was trying to add something different to that collection...and make you smile in your sleep. Long live Tiki!

Freddie

I'm thrilled that my package got to you safe and sound Tam Tiki! I was worried as hell hoping that my packaging was sufficient enough for safe transport! I'm also glad you don't have the mug either! Can't wait to see the photos.

T

My package arrived from Tiki Pug. Thanks a lot, pictures later today. Love everything! Thanks for the great stuff!

TT

As promised, here are a couple of pics of all I got in the mug swap:

Thanks again, Lilusako!

Yaaar! you got the Good Captain, nice swap.

M

Cookies! I hope I get cookies with my mug!

L

On 2010-06-15 09:27, MauiTiki wrote:
Cookies! I hope I get cookies with my mug!

Maybe we institute a new guideline next swap :

All boxes must contain an edible item(s)!

Keep the pics coming guys!!!

L

Sideshow Bob
Tiki Shaker
Leleliz (woot! woot!)
Pikey's Dog (twice)
Phantom Tiki
Tiki Shaker (again)

and I am sure some others be on the lookout!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-06-15 21:56 ]

received both of mine:

Maui Tiki included some cool Hawaiian clip-art which i used to make the labels for my trades.

Tiki Shaker didn't forget the most important part.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 181 replies