Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Summer Mug Swap is a GO!! (Post pics of your trades!!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 181 replies

I found my box from Pittsburg Paulie waiting in my office at the beginning of the week. Awesome mug from his local Tiki Lounge plus a bunch of other great trinkets. Pictures later this weekend.

Ukutiki, glad you like the monkey. I was hoping for a thematically complementary or at least horrified amusement. There's a certain terrible enjoyment in packing a head in a box. Frankie's is awesome if you ever get out to Las Vegas, and the DW mug was from a startup of a new tiki night that a local bar is trying to get revved up.

I had a lot of fun with the swap and will be permanently looking for little fun things to go into the next swap box. Thanks for organizing Leleliz.

[ Edited by: FenrixTiki 2010-06-24 21:44 ]

L

Looks like I am trying to track down a few traders....

***TikiDaye--last one to respond :)

Please log in and respond to your pms .

Thanks!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-06-26 08:59 ]

YEah! I'm not the last!
That was my biggest fear, 'cause I tend to be late for everything.

L

Well it appears as Zerotiki has gotten skunked and his 2nd trader has failed to send him a package :(

I am holding out hope that one will arrive but other than that is anyone waiting on a box? Please let me know - thanks!

On 2010-06-28 06:41, leleliz wrote:
Well it appears as Zerotiki has gotten skunked and his 2nd trader has failed to send him a package :(

I am holding out hope that one will arrive but other than that is anyone waiting on a box? Please let me know - thanks!

Let me know if Zerotiki doesn't receive his trade, I think I can come up with a couple of things to send!

PTD

L

On 2010-06-28 07:01, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

On 2010-06-28 06:41, leleliz wrote:

Let me know if Zerotiki doesn't receive his trade, I think I can come up with a couple of things to send!

PTD

Thanks Duane--I will let you know :)

People its almost the end of June...ship date was around the 15th...if you have not shipped please do so asap and pm me!

Wow. I just finished sending Liz a PM leaving my possible skunking up to the whim of the Tiki, and Duane steps up as a personal emmisary of Lono himself! This just illustrates the spirit of aloha that permeates these forums. I was actually coming to this thread to make sure that I thanked leilei again for putting together some great swaps. Duane & Liz: If you guys are at Oasis, look for me & Mrs. Zero-we'll get you both a MaiTai. Thanks again.

Mahalos to all,
~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-06-28 10:51 ]

I was a little bit worried over the weekend that my package might have been lost in the mail only to find this morning a package that look like it went through the volcanoes of doom and survived in one piece!

But I guess as they say great things come to those who wait and my package from Cap'n Pharaoh finally arrived safe and sound, all the way from Australia!

Upon opening the package I was greeted by a lovely card:

Every single thing in the package was a pleasant surprise and glee of joy!

An original Cap'n Pharaoh "Bone Nose" mug (1 of 12), original Tiki Diva Tiki earrings (thanks! my very first pair of tiki earrings!), napkins, a coaster from Australia, umbrella sippy straws, paper tiki decorations, a keychain, an awesome tiki sticker, a cactus swizzle stick, and a fan (for all of those hot Tiki nights...).

Mahalo Cap'n Pharaoh and Tiki Diva for the lovely goodies from across the world. :) Also a great big mahalo to leleliz for putting this swap together.

ZeroTiki, I hope your other swap comes in too!

T

I finally have pictures of my two trades. We are in the middle of a remodel & trying to find things like a camera is a pain. My first package came from "Tikisgrl" Beth.

A coffee mug, salt & pepper shakers, matchbooks, postcard & a good luck charm from Aku Aku in Las Vegas.

My second package was from "Tropical Icebergs" J.D. & Victoria. This was a BIG box. Here is the top level of the box.

Two calendars, tiki candles, therometer, funky cow, & a spinning shot drinking game.

The middle level was even better.

Tommy Bahama mug, "Funkeys" toy, pendant & braclet.

There was even more on the bottom.

More "Funkeys", Shag drink cards & stationary, tiki lotion, tiki drink salt & pepper shakers, & Luau paddles. This trade was on my porch at the end of really bad day. It sure turned my day around.

A big thank you to Beth, J.D. & Vidtoria.
Thanks to liz for keeping the trades going.
Mahalo, Mike

L

I swear everytime someone gets a box from Tropical Icebergs (myself included) its like going through your stocking at Christmas. So much variety and no matter what they include it always brings a smile to your face!

Great swap boxes so far guys. I know we are still waiting to hear from a couple people so hopefully those will get up and posted soon. Let me know (if you haven't already) if you are waiting on a box.

TikiDaye

I am still trying to get ahold of you. Please check your pm.

I think we are going to take a break from swaps until the holidays.

That way it will give you all time to find the Steve Crane Bird Bowl I want :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-06-29 10:40 ]

Please to forgive, I received my bounty about a week ago. I've been working so hard it's really hard to tell.

First is not one but three mugs. Hello! I don't have any of them but I guess that I can't say that anymore. Also, fun swizzle stix, cup mir maids and a spoon tray.
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

Second is a Trader Vic's cook book in hardback no less. Napkins an oil lamp and a beer cozy no less. Must be for the Primo that was some how left out.
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

Finlay is the Card, super fun napkins, fun straws and the obligatory tiki umbrellas for any good tiki drink.
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

In closing I'd just like to say that Wait for it ....
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

I will give this until the weekend and if Zero's trade is still MIA I will send him a package. I have Zero's address, so since he is pretty close, it should only take a day or so to arrive.

PTD

Greetings fellow mug swappers....

First a sincere apology to Pikeys Dog, and Leleliz for the delay on my post.

I did recieve my swap package from Pikeys Dog and it is awesome! when I first saw the package waiting on my doorstep i was really excited , but when my two year old saw it she immediately grabbed it and went crazy. we were just discussing santa claus on the car ride home , so naturally she thought santa left her a package...when she opened it she proceeded to put on her "snow clothes" and had a snow ball fight.

that alone was worth the swap.

but when I saw what was in the box I was very pleased,

not only do i not have either of those mugs, but it was nice to see a old british tiki mug for a change.
kinda cool.

and the variety of swizzle sticks, mug ornaments and brochures from around the world , made me feel as if I'd been to each exotic port.

Thank You Pikeys Dog You rock.

Hate to say it, cuz I love the praise, but I didn't send you that one Savage Tiki..you sent ME a most awesome swap..not vis versa. Some other lovely person sent you those goodies!

L

On 2010-06-30 17:04, Tiki-Atari wrote:
Hate to say it, cuz I love the praise, but I didn't send you that one Savage Tiki..you sent ME a most awesome swap..not vis versa. Some other lovely person sent you those goodies!

Yeah guys you don't really get each other when you swap. Its random..well its supposed to be :)

Savage Tiki if I told you Tiki Atari was your sendee I am sorry. Your package came from ka'lenatiki.

:)

L

Yeah guys you don't really get each other when you swap. Its random..well its supposed to be :)

Savage Tiki if I told you Tiki Atari was your sendee I am sorry. Your package came from ka'lenatiki.

:)

L

ALso if you have pm'd me to ask where your box is (besides Zerotiki) I have checked and a few people are not checking their pms.

Hang tight and I will find out :)

M

Wow, just returned from vacation to find a BIG ol' Tiki Box waiting for me from Vince Martini filled with all kinds of goodies. Photo coming tomorrow.

On 2010-06-30 20:22, MauiTiki wrote:
Wow, just returned from vacation to find a BIG ol' Tiki Box waiting for me from Vince Martini filled with all kinds of goodies. Photo coming tomorrow.

Maui -

I forgot to pack one of the trinkets, so a second package will be heading your way soon. Sorry about that. I was in too much of a rush prior to heading to Hukilau.

On 2010-06-30 18:36, leleliz wrote:

confusion, disaray and chaos... my work here is done..:wink:
Just glad you got it Savage Tiki and I was able to bring you somthing new

M

So I arrived home from vacation to find a HUGE Tiki Box waiting for me.

(Next time when any of you ship to Hawaii be sure to use the Flat Rate Boxes, it will be much much cheaper to send.)

It was filled with all kinds of Goodies, including a CD by the River Burritos!!

And not one but 4 Mugs! I love the Derek Mini Moai Mugs, all the swizzle sticks, the retro napkins and the Tiki Farm logo mug! A real Leilani double sided mug with the word Leilani on the front and the OOH wording on the bottom. You can tell it's an old one because of the marking on the upper cheek.

My co-worker downloaded the River Burritos for her iPod, we love the CD! It's great office music for Maui.

Thanks Vince Martini for everything.

O.K. so it appears Zerotiki's trader skunked him and is gonna flake on the trade. Zero, after my hunting tomorrow I will get your trade packed up and ready to mail on Monday. Look for it coming your way next week!

PTD

Z

Mahalos, Duane. You have truly illustrated the spirit of aloha in this situation. I only hope that TikiDaye is alright, and his absence isn't due to some sort of unpleasantness on his end. If so, hope all is well.

~Zero

L

Hey all...I am without a computer until this friday because I am moving apartments and have no net until its hooked up then.

I know some are still waiting for their boxes but I can't really help until I get online.....so please bare with me I until Tuesday or so when I can get to starbucks and use their signal :)

I do know that pikeys dog your 2nd trade was shipped and should be getting to you soon :)

Big kahuna answer your PM !! Did you send your trade slacker ? Let me know Rick! I know you are busy with work so let me know when you can.

Duane thanks for being so generous! Tikidaye seems to have vanished so I can only hope all is well and we will hear from him eventually.

And btw this message took me forever to type on my phone!

Zero and Liz,

Here is a picture of the box...post office is closed today, so tikihammer will mail this out tomorrow morning!

Enjoy and sorry for the wait

PTD

My trader was my tradee,LOL
Thank You Tiki Shaker!!!!
My apologies for being so late in posting this. Your package arrived the day I was leaving for Luau on the Lake then was on vacation for the past week.
I have wanted one of those banks since I first saw one ,Thanks!!
Steve

Z

Just received my package from PTD.

HOLY CRAPSAUCE!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

ahem

...thank you for the amazing package, D. You really did an amazing pick!
:D :D :D :D

(pics to follow, as soon as I stop gaping at the amazing finds!)

Ok, I have mopped up all the drool and am prepared to share my box 'o' Psycho Tiki goodies!  
First course: An appetizer of wonderful Beachcomber swizzles from Canada!  I *did* get great white north Tiki!  WooHoo!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10208/4c354245.jpg)

Main course: 3 New friends from the Islander in Stockton!  Great adds to my house of tiki, LOVE 'EM!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10208/4c354201.jpg)

...and for dessert, EPHEMERA!  YAY!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10208/4c354235.jpg)

Now, my belly full of tiki, it's time to crack open some rum...  
Thanks again.

~Zero  

[**Visit Zerotiki!**](http://www.zerotiki.com)

[[[((8-0))]]]  
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki  2010-07-07 20:17 ]
L

Great! Duane thanks again for going above and beyond for this swap.

Now besides pikeys dog.....whose trade is traveling toward him slowly it seems...anyone else waiting?

L

Pikeys Dog and Brandomoai.....I am sorry that your packages have not come....

Maybe this week?????

I've been on holiday so I had my mail stopped. That might explain it. As for Pikey, well, his trader is the worst kind of trader of all: cheap! It's only fitting that this cheap, good-for-nothing trader hasn't received his trade yet either! Sorry, dude. Next time I will pony up and pay for air, I promise!

Double post

[ Edited by: Brandomoai 2010-08-04 12:16 ]

Panic Over!

My second trade arrived yesterday.

Many thanks to Brandomoai for his generosity.

Two Shag recipe books.

A dinky little Tiki Mug (approx 3" tall)

A Don Ho glass

A miniature of Coconut rum

And a selection of Swizzles.

Well worth the wait!

L

YES!

Brandomoai got his too..

and its only been a month and a half -- hey at least it made it!!

Brandomoai please post your box if you got a pic of it and Pikeys Dog I am SOOOOO happy that you got yours!!

Now between Oasis, the South Bay crawl, the SF Crawl, the Sac crawl (lord we drink ALOT!), Forbidden Island's parking lot sale, the bird art swap and who knows what else you SoCal kids got planned lets just spend the next few months drinking and then we can swap around Christmas/New Years , sound cool?

**if by chance I missed anyone NOT receiving their box please PM me but I as it is now I am sticking a fork in this swap as it is DONE!!

Great Job Again leleliz!!!

Cheers!

Bob

Thank god it arrived! Seriously, I'm sorry I cheaped out on shipping! I did not think it would take that long to get there. But, I'm glad the mugs arrived in tact!
Here are the goods my trader sent me:

Two OMC mugs, both new to me; the unglazed one is from the Bali Hai in Lynnfield, MA. Also, a handful of great swizzles, some Aloha shirt post-its, and a napkin from the Kowloon in Saugus! Oh yeah, there was rum, too, but, uh... it's gone now. A big thank you to Big Kahuna! It, too, was well worth the wait. Also, a big thank you to Liz for organizing the whole thing! And I think that concludes the summer mug swap.

L

Done son!

Thank you for everyone -- and for Duane for sending a replacement swap package in lieu of the one that was bailed on.

YOu may all drive me crazy but I am happy to keep these going so we will do it again for the holidays.

Please be on the lookout for a Steve Crane bird bowl..and if you find one please let me know so I can make you my swap partner.

thanks a bunch!

xoxo

Z

Leleliz:
You is full of awesome for making with the swappy-ness...Thank you!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 181 replies