Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Norcal Benefit for Marie King

Pages: 1 29 replies

Forbidden Island will be hosting a sister event for the Norcal peeps this coming Thursday 5/13 at 7pm, featuring LIVE surf by Meshugga Beach Party and the TomorrowMen, as well as a raffle, silent auction and a special Marie Cocktail, proceeds of which will go directly to our dear friend. Please join us.

For those on facebook, please forward the invite/event page to Norcal Ohana in your networks...
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114165148615725

If you're interested in donating items for the raffle/ silent auction, please PM me and we can make arrangements.

Mahalo!

M
mp posted on Sun, May 9, 2010 11:27 AM

I will be doing an art piece to donate and I am trying to get thursday covered so I can
attend. hope to see everyone. Get better Marie!!!!

To Mike and all the bands and artists involved in this event.
Thank you very much for making this happen.

Jeff(btd)

Here's a donation for the raffle for Marie. Doug Horne design/JT Vic carve. Thin at 51 inches tall, raw, real hard palmwood. The new owner can stain or not. I really like this one. My heart and hands go out to Marie. Value range $240.00

Wow!!!
so cool, and very Generous.
thanks JT.

Jeff(btd)

For those on facebook, please forward the invite/event page to Norcal Ohana in your networks...
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114165148615725

L

I am glad that we are lucky enough to have Forbidden Island up here so the NorCal Ohana can show their support as well.

I will be there for sure!

Attention all rare-vinyl fiends, this just in, by way of Danny Sneider of Meshugga Beach Party and TomorrowMen....

Marda and Barry of Golden Gate records are donating the following ultra-rare "never been played" 45s. I mean this is total e bay stuff and they're donating it to our silent auction to benefit Marie. MAHALO!!
Man! You don't want to miss this opportunity to pick up these ultra-rare gems and you can only do so at the event. In the words of Jack Lord, "Be there!" Listed prices are approx to give you an idea of market value

The Tornadoes - Bustin' Surfboards / Beyond The Surf Aertaun-100 M- Never been played copy of this classic surf instrumental. Great 2-sider. ($25 value)

Dick Dale and The Deltones - Let's Go Trippin' / Del-Tone Rock Deltone-5017 M- never been played copy of this rare original. ($40 value)

The Avanti's - Too Much / Mid-Night Blues Ikon-116 M- Never been played copy of this stompin' R&B instrumental by The Avanti's from Stockton. On the legendary Ikon label out of Sacramento, CA. ($40)

Dore (Herb) Alpert Fallout Shelter / Tell It To The Birds Carnival-701 M- Never been played copy of Herb's very first release - a vocal about hiding out in a fallout shelter to avoid getting contaminated by a woman. :-/ It's what is called a "teener" in the record biz. ($25)

WOW!! Seriously...Thanks guys!

Man, I wish I could make it to this. Would love to show my support for Marie and Jonpaul. But have theatre tickets that evening. Hoist one for me on behalf of Marie.

So Cool of Barry and Marda, thanks to you 2.

Jeff(btd)

M
mp posted on Wed, May 12, 2010 1:46 AM

Hey Everyone, Ill be there thursday with this little
Marq study, some tiki mugs and other goodies to donate.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and raising a glass to Marie.
See ya there!

For those in Norcal that can't make the event at Forbidden Island, you can still be involved by going to this link and showing your support for Marie. http://www.mariepalooza.com/services

P

sorry i can't make it, and sorry my package went out a little late. this is what i sent . . . .

bronze crazy al pendant:

bronze marquesan pendant:

bronze starfish pendant:

and the first ever artist proof of an alohastation sculpt . . . the glow in the dark skull!

L

Looking forward to seeing the Ohana tonight and coming together for a great cause!

A reminder to bring loads of cash. Many artists donating their work for the raffle and auction. We want to generate as much money as possible for Marie and Jonpaul, so bid bigbigbig!

Bummed that I am not out there yet for tonight's event but bouyed by the fact I will be out there in time for the benefit event down at Don's over Memorial Day weekend. Anybody else heading down for that who might have extra room in their vehicle?

S

g

Have a Great event tonight everybody,
and thanks again for doing it,
I'm sure that Marie and JP are very moved by your generosity.

wish I could be there.
Jeff(btd)

L

Forbidden Island was fantastic last night--then again when is it not--and the event was a success for sure.

The Marie cocktail was delish-tart and sweet at the same time....the bands were fantastic....the raffle was great (yay for me I won the Oasis 07 mug THANKS Otto!) and everyone was in a great mood coming together for a great cause.

Thanks to the organizers--Mike and the staff at Forbidden Island were gracious and fun hosts for the event--and I think quite a bit of money was raised by looking at the prices on some of the silent auction items.

Even though many people may have only met Marie a few times or in some cases not at all it was great to see so many people turn out on somewhat short notice to show their support last night.

I hope whatever the event raised helps alleviate some of the financial burdens of the situation.

Much love to JP and Marie from the Ohana up North!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

A huge MAHALO to all who attended the Marie King Benefit last night! We managed to raise well over $1,000 for our dear friend and had loads of fun in the process. The bands were awesome, the prizes were terrific and the aloha spirit was in full swing.
A HUGE shout-out to the those that donated their craft and time and made this happen. Aloha!

That is awesome! You guys are the best!

Fantasic Aloha spirit! You guys are Tops. Marie & Jonpaul keep on keepin' on, you are loved xo

Thanks to Suzanne for passing my card/donation on to JP & Marie. Sorry I couldn't make it last night....bet it was a blast. Luckily I was able to suck down 4 Monkeypods and some appetizers with friends on Tuesday. :)

Anyone got pictures of the event?

L

That's great to hear Mike!

Vamp I know Bill (Mai Tai) had his camera going but I took 1 picture and went back to drinking so none from me.
:)

Fantastic,
great news, thanks Nor. Cal. Ohana.
also thanks to Mike and crew at FI, bands and artists who all donated time and effort to this.
you all rule!!!!

Jeff(btd)

LOL Liz...that is why I don't drag a camera around.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2010-05-15 15:19 ]

L

Vamp here is the one pic I took...pretty self absorbed aren't I? lol

I was enjoying the fabulous Marie cocktail and captured the moment!

Here's some pics...better late than never heh? I'd forgotten my camera at the bar and just got 'round to downloading these.
Here ya go...

The raffle table - at the start of the event - more items were added throughout the night

The awesome silent auction items

Notch's amazing War Club

Marie's presence was felt throughout the bar

Jenny representing with her Don's Rum Barrel

MP and friend, Cheers to Marie!

The "bad boys", Kaimuki and Notch

(Beach party) Meshugga, sans rabbi outfits

Suzanne selling tickets

Once again, a fabulous time was had by all. A special thanks to our silent auction donaters, Jungle Trader, Munktiki, Tiki Kaimuki, Notch, Jason Portman, MP, Otto, Pdrake and of course, thanks to all who made the effort and raised money for our dear, beloved friend, Marie King. We love ya, baby!!

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2010-05-18 10:39 ]

Fabulous pictures...thanks for posting them Mike. Looks like you all had an awesome time. So kewl of all the artists to donate their gifts for the event. As always, Tiki Ohana rule!!!

Blessings to Marie. :wink:

Yes! Tiki ohana rule!!!! Good job Mike and everyone up north!!!

Pages: 1 29 replies