Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

martini time

Pages: 1 2 49 replies

T

On 2006-05-30 16:35, thejab wrote:
Also, you should try the Royal Hawaiian, which is perfect for hot weather and not too tart. It's in either the Grog Log or Intoxica, and it's on the menu at Forbidden Island tiki lounge in Alameda. I made them at a BBQ I went to recently and they were a hit! Sometimes I like to bring all the ingredients for one tasty but simple cocktail to a dinner party instead of a bottle of wine. Just make sure beforehand that your hosts have the right barware and glassware, and bring plenty of ice and more ingredients then you think you'll need. It sucks to run out when the guests ask for "one more please!" This almost happened to me but luckily my hosts have a lemon tree in their backyard, whew!

Royal Hawaiian
1.5 oz gin
1.5 oz pineapple juice
0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon orgeat syrup
shake w/ice and strain into cocktail glass

Mahalo for the tip. Sometimes it is hard to tell if a drink is going to be too tart or not just by looking at the ingridents, especially the drinks with lemon juice. It seems that gin and lemon juice work well together.

K

On 2005-10-21 08:36, Kava King wrote:
Potato & anchovy popovers:

in a medium size bowl combine-
-1 cup mashed potatoes (instant works fine)
-1/2 onion, minced
-1 can anchovies
-white pepper to taste

Mix together and spoon into 2" pie crust rounds (use a cookie cutter and a couple of flat, frozen pie crusts), fold over and seal each round before putting into a preheated (450ยบ) oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

These are delicious and salty- perfect with a martini.

Wow. That sounds very good. I'll take a dozen thanks.

Ahu

Pages: 1 2 49 replies