Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

ENCORE! The SOUND of TIKI Tour hits the valley -SUN, May 23rd- Mixed sounds matching mixed drinks!

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

R

Good Times as always.
Thanx goes to:
Tonga Tom- for the pix
Kelly- for the BALI HAI's YUM!
Joe Banks and John O for purchacing my elixirs of the eve.
Marty for the tunes
Sven for the reason to celebrate
Bobby, Lili and Erik... just 4 showing up
and to Jeremy and the rest of the Tonga Sunday peeps.
U r all FABULOUS and I look 4ward to seeing u all again SUPER soon-at MariePalooza!!!
:)

P.S.
COMING SOON:
Rosered's FAMOUS Mango Chipotle Guacamole dip :P

On 2010-05-24 23:25, Tonga Tom wrote:
....and here's some pics for those of you who missed it...

SOME pics !? Whoa, that's close to 40! Great job, Tom! It is nice that the Tonga Hut has its own "court photographer" that covers these events. What a happy family!

I think I figured it out now, Tom, it's not your flash alone that makes these look so good, you go in in post, lower the exposure and put in the soft shadow edges, right?

Tonga Tom,

Thanks for all of the great photos, looks like a great event at a great place with great guests.

DC

great snaps Tonga the hut Tom!

O
Otto posted on Tue, May 25, 2010 6:52 PM

I guess I,m gonna host the first Sound of Tiki listening party in Norcal?

NEXT Wed, June 2
8pm til midnight
Forbidden Island

I will spin the CD, bring the lp versions that I have, alternate versions of the same tracks, and other tunes off the lps.

I,ll start a separate thread here

On 2010-05-25 18:52, Otto wrote:
I guess I,m gonna host the first Sound of Tiki listening party in Norcal?

NEXT Wed, June 2
8pm til midnight
Forbidden Island

I will spin the CD, bring the lp versions that I have, alternate versions of the same tracks, and other tunes off the lps.

I,ll start a separate thread here

Very Cool, I was hoping, thinking it would be great to do that at FI.
is Sven going to be there?

Jeff(btd)

Sven's the Sound Of Tiki is a Smash Hit!

On Behalf of the Tonga Hut I would I would like to thank Sven for coming out to the Tonga Hut for this Smash Hit of a party! Great times were had by all. The tunes on Sound of Tiki are excellent and with great classic drinks such as, Hawaiian Eye, Pieces of Eight and the "Remix" version of the Sven-Tiki you cant go wrong. The success of the Bali Bai surprised me a bit as I wasn't sure Tiki Folks were going to like the Champagne so much, I Think it was the 2oz. of Hanalei house mix myself it's delicious. On the other hand, I'm not surprised, as a few know out there, I am a huge fan of the Tiny Bubbles. I really got a kick out of serving Sven and myself our "Sven-Tiki" cocktails in a couple of rare color and event Sven Tiki Mugs. Sven signed everything from CD's to BOT's, Tiki Modern and a few mugs for our delight.
Thank You to my boss Jeremy who is so open to new idea's and for his love of Tiki, it just keeps getting better. Thanks Marty Lush as always you big lounge lizard and in our world, that's a compliment. Thanks Manuel, Eric, Tonga Tom and Sherriyaki and Grog :)
Again, Thank You Sven and Naomi, Thank You everyone for coming out early Sunday and staying late it was too good to just go home and the Hut is so cozy and friendly.
See you all again soon! Thank You!

Pages: 1 2 54 replies