Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The next San Diego area Chop

Pages: 1 27 replies

So, when and where? I went to Hank's twisted chop this past Saturday, I'm already ready for another! And the sooner the better.
End of May, sometime in June, what weekend works for whom?
And where? I could host. Hank could be talked into the lagoon chop, I think. Babalu mentioned a maybe... Dave's Not Home was talking about a chop in San Clemente, since it's fairly midpoint between SD and LA. Let's just have a CHOP! Or more than one, that works, too.

I'll start, how's Memorial Day weekend?

Im open for a making mess at my place.... just so you guys dont mind me working on the Tiki Room while you all chop.

I always say I want to chop then always end up working :( Such is life at the hospital. I'm supposed to be off Memorial Day weekend and would LOVE to see Dereck's place.

Hey guys! I always see you setting up chops down in SD, Im down there quit a bit visiting my GF and would love to get together with a couple guys and carve!
Heres a pic of the TIKI I just finished last night, Hope you like!

Lets get chopping!! I have the later weeks in June open and Monkey is a stones throw for me...

I vote June 12th at the House of Buzz

Buzzy Out!

That's Ink and Iron weekend so me, the toe, skinny dogs will all be knee deep in flat brim trucker hats and lowriders!

Oh boy, choices! Monkeyman's, Buzzy's... can we do both???

First weekend in June is Caliente...

Second is Ink n Iron...

How about june 19 and 20th weekend 2 day chop? Kick off the summer right.

We've never had a two day chop before.
It would be harder for people to come up with all their lame excuses not to go if it were over two consecutive days.

Buzzy Out!

I vote we do it on a day we all can make it.......and at the House of Buzz!!

Buzzy, how many carvers can you fit in your livingroom? If we had a two day chop, would it be different groups each day so more can attend?

:lol:

HAHA!!! I'll use the yard, man. Buzz, where did you get your dog? I want one just like it for my daughter.

Pick a date, yo!

Well, my friend and neighbor Leo passed away recently, so I believe I can get back into the swing of making it to a chop, if you guys have room for the Bird again (as long as it's not threatening rain, my wipers still wont work when it rains, don't ask me why!).

count me in for one of those days if you all really can handle two days of chopping

On 2010-05-18 16:57, 4WDtiki wrote:
Buzzy, how many carvers can you fit in your livingroom? If we had a two day chop, would it be different groups each day so more can attend?

:lol:

we can move the couches out in the front yard and make a lounge area in the driveway, then we could reasonably fit three in the living room for carving.

I was going to model it after Tiki Oasis. If you're vending or in one of the bands, then you can have a wrist band good for both days. Otherwise, wristbands for Saturday will be available with a paid yard camping spot, or by mailorder through the http://www.weekendchop.com website. Otherwise, Sunday is open to the public and no wrist band will be needed.

On 2010-05-18 18:59, Billy the Crud wrote:
HAHA!!! I'll use the yard, man. Buzz, where did you get your dog? I want one just like it for my daughter.
Pick a date, yo!

I'm glad BillytheCrud wants to come because I needed someone to bring logs!

I got my dog down in the hood. 805 and Palm area...

On 2010-05-19 19:49, Monkeyman wrote:
if you all really can handle two days of chopping

Nobody really chops longer than an hour or so, so they can probably handle it. All the eating and drinking: maybe not!

So June 19 AND 20? Let's see who wants to/can come on one or both days before we start a thread.

Buzzy Out!

"I'm with the band."

Will there be RV hookups?

On 2010-05-19 20:33, 4WDtiki wrote:
Will there be RV hookups?

Of course! The RV lot is always one of the best parts of the Chops!

Remember the August of 2007 Chop RV lot?

How about January 2009 Chop vending area:

The March 2008 "Best Tits" contest:

Vending spots are selling out fast! Only 8 more left. Contact me NOW if you plan on buying a vending space!
Buzzy Out!

chop! chop! chop!

B

Are you going to have a driveway that I could stand around in?

These dates are cutting it close to Ohana - Lake George, but maybe I could make 1 day outta the 2...is there some type of penalty for leaving at half time, or coming late to the game?

Is the zebra going to be there again?

That wasn't a zebra,Babs...
it was a ZONKEY!

You guys are killin me, man. Now that I carve full time and do nothing else but be a daddy for Bella and a carpet for Grace, I need to know time and place. We got dem tings? Post em!!

JT

I'm IN for Sat. 6/19, and after 2:30 on Sun the 20th. Buzzapallooza!!

So is this official, Buzzy? If so, I can change the thread title, or you can start a new one...

so is this happening?

M

on second thought... scratch that.

I didnt realize June 20th was Fathers Day.

I think I need some kwalitee time with my dad and kids.

[ Edited by: monkeyman 2010-06-09 11:54 ]

B

Hi everyone, interested tiki noob here in San Diego !

I'd love to come watch and learn, and maybe take a stab at starting to carve some ! I'll watch the thread/forum to see when the next event is.

Mahalo nui loa,
Rob

B

well hey guys ,will be in sd for july staying at a friends big house in solana beach
how bout a chop there or anywhere?

Bob, if your host is up for it, count me in!

Pages: 1 27 replies