Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Singer Meatloaf offers romantic advice on Loveline

Pages: 1 5 replies

Did anyone else catch Meatloaf on on Dr. Drew's radio show Loveline? A caller wanted advice on how to get women interested in him. Some rather stale advice was given until it came to be Meatloaf's turn to talk. His only question was, "Do they have any Tiki bars where you live?". He then went on to explain that "chicks love Tiki bars" and that if you can get her into a Tiki bar she is all yours. Meatloaf, you had a hit album, and starred in Rocky Horror Picture Show and Fight Club. Who are we to argue?

J

On 2010-05-21 00:14, SuperEight quotes Meatloaf:

"....if you can get her into a Tiki bar she is all yours."

That's because the sweetness of the Tropical drinks masks the taste of the roofies. :(

Also I hope to see some Tiki in your upcoming movie next year.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650062/

Bilge much ?? :)

J

OK, I'll retract my smart ass comment and expand on this thought. Tiki Bars are actually a great acid test to gauge the compatability of a prospective significant other.

Tiki Bars (like my beloved mid-century dive bars) leave no room for a middle ground. People either love them (i.e. they "get it") or they hate them (thus branding you a "geek", and not in a good way).

When in doubt, give 'em the Tiki Bar test !!

i can see Paradise
by the Pufferfish light...

On 2010-05-21 00:14, SuperEight wrote:
He then went on to explain that "chicks love Tiki bars" and that if you can get her into a Tiki bar she is all yours.

Now THAT'S the kind of insight that can really get a revival going! Forget all that oogling over "art", and that complicated mixology stuff, let's get down to the basics! Here's a clear and simple reason to frequent Tiki bars! :lol:

Charles Phoenix's Tiki Meat Loaf

Pages: 1 5 replies