Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Aloha, and help!

Pages: 1 21 replies

Aloha everyone, this is my first post! I've been a lurker for quite a while. We are in the process of making our Tiki lounge/ bar... but we need help coming up with a Name! We are going bananas trying to come up with something, but we've had no luck. Any suggestions would be great!!! thanks!

Welcome to Tiki Central Lady. How about taking a part of your name or a personality trait and combine it with a South Seas location or Hawaiian word? LadyBGood's Lagoon Lounge, Wahines Gone Wild, etc.

How about "Goin' Bananas"? Works for me.

Aloha LadyBGood. I'm going through the same dilemma so I am no help at all. I'm waiting for mine to mostly done before I officially name it. It's nice to know there is one more Home Tiki Bar going in. Keep us posted on your progress.

Darilyn

H

LadyBGood, the world is your oyster with this! So many options to choose from!

Think about the vibe you want - is your bar dim and mysterious? Bright and fun? Retro and kitschy? Start with that. You can also look at song titles from old exotica and hapa haole albums for inspiration - like the Bali Ha'i, Swamp Fire Lounge, or the Jungle Flower (these are totally random - you can probably find better). If you're going for something more exotic, google some Tahitian/Hawaiian/other Polynesian words and phrases that relate to you, your bar, or your environment - the Hoku Room, the Moana Nui, etc (also random).

Have fun with it!

My space is definitely bright and fun with a strong retro vibe. the colors are orange cream, blue and splashes of lime there are lots of windows with views of all my tropical flowers. It's right in the middle of my backyard (it's an in-law bungalow unit gone tiki). Being that it's in my garden space and hidden from a lot of people I sort of want a name with Hidden paradise, or secret something... It's been a work in progress, but I thought naming it would help me have some sort of direction as it comes together Decisions, decisions! My name is Joy so I'd love to have something with a play on that... but it's some sort of difficult!!! I think that all of my creative ideas have been drained just by the renovation of this place! it's very near done, I'm reupholstering furniture as I type... I will definitely post pictures soon. Thanks guys and gals! Any ideas are very welcomed!!!

Huna Hau'oli = Hidden Joy
At least according to http://hawaiiandictionary.hisurf.com/
I'm sure there's better linguists out there.
Nice consonance, but sounds kind of dirty :)

T

I like Hidden Joy. Another teaser would be " Fobidden Joy". Good luck.

BAMBOOZE Lounge?

How about...

"Hidden Garden Lounge"

"Aloha Hideaway"

"Hunka Hunka Hidden Lounge"

UT

Hi Joy. Love the name game. How about.

The Guilty Pleasure

Pupupu Hale (a.k.a. The Hut)

Joy's Huna Moana (hidden sea} This one sounds great. To me anyway.

Joy's Huna Kai (just about the same meaning)

Have fun and please post some pics.

I have thought of the most perfect, fantastic name for Joy's tiki room that she is going LOVE, but I'm not tellin' until she posts some pictures!

I don't really have a great name idea, I just want to see pictures. :)

uuuhmmmm... I don't read anywhere that LadyBGood's name is Joy. PittPaul suggested "Hidden Joy" and now we've renamed this lady. What will her mother say???!!! :lol:

On 2010-06-02 10:42, LadyBGood wrote:
My name is Joy so I'd love to have something with a play on that... but it's some sort of difficult!!!

I'm glad I'm not goin crazy (well at least in this case)!

:blush:
:foot in mouth:
:D

Aloha, and help!

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2010 3:14 PM

Tiki Joy Luck Club...

Lady fingers Banana room (sans "joy" I know)

Kale'a Lounge (Hawaiian for "Joy")

Two other spellings for House of Joy:

Hale 'oli
Hale 'lea (almost sounds like hallelujah :)

W

I agree with Unga Bunga...

Aloha & Help

And here's why I like it:

1. You thought of it completely on your own.

2. It has reference to classic desert island rescue messages on the beach which gives you a nice sign image to work with. You could also work with a lei draped over a message in a bottle lying on the beach.

3. It sounds kind of abstract. Bar names with some less than obvious elements are interesting as they get the brain in another state even before the first drink.

4. It also sounds like a rural Hawaiian mercantile and would look good on an old rusty type sign.

1. Unga Bunga agreed to put a dollar in my Paypal account if I could come up with good reasons to back the name.

I think they are on to something - you serve Aloha and you serve Help (as in help forgetting the cares of the world).

The desert island connection is brillant - "Aloha to anyone flying over and, by the way, help if you want but I'm actually pretty comfortable here on my deserted island"

If you gotta go down, go loud, go strong, go proud, go on, go hard, or go home!
LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM!

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-06-05 21:14 ]

On 2010-06-05 13:37, woofmutt wrote:

1. Unga Bunga agreed to put a dollar in my Paypal account if I could come up with good reasons to back the name.

Dude, I can't afford no dollar. (I can't even afford a Johnny Dollar)
I'm still trying to pay off that freakin' piece of crap that you call a mobile home, that I bought from you.

LadyBGood, no charge for the name.

Pages: 1 21 replies