Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Picked up some lamp supplies @ Oceanic Arts and....

Pages: 1 8 replies

K

Made myself a MONSTER! I bought one of those Big Trouble in Little China sized hats and fashioned a new lamp to add to the collection. This lamp took the place of another that is currently on ebay. Search for seller tiki_teach if you're interested. (shameless plug, nudge nudge, say no more).

[ Edited by: KAHAKA on 2003-05-06 22:30 ]

I loved 'Big Trouble in Little China!'
Such an under-rated movie.

Very cool lamp!

Spike
http://www.kikatiki.com

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-05-07 00:27 ]

T

Kahaka,

Sweet lamp!

C

That lamp is very cool! How long did it take to make that and how many clams?
I am still waitin' for the sequel to BTLC.
That movie was great! Kurt Russel rules at those kinds of humourous parts. He has been a favorite actor of my since he appeared on Gilligan's Isle and all those Disney films way back . Barefoot Executive, The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes, Worlds strongest athelete, etc.
Chongolio

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, May 7, 2003 5:26 PM

Thanks guys. It took about 2 days after I'd gathered all the supplies. It was an expensive S.O.B. though... about $80-90.

Badly recalled but wasn't Kurt Russel's first film role as the bratty little boy that kicks elvis in that "worlds fair" film

G
GECKO posted on Fri, May 9, 2003 3:35 PM

cherry lamp Kahaka. Looking fo make a lamp outta a turtle shell i picked up a little while ago.....know any tricks fo da kine? email me if you do ya.

KAHAKA:

I'm glad you have seen the light.

Beautiful lamp and excellent creativity on your part. Good luck on your cottage industry.

K

Thanks fellas.

Gecko, I don't know a damn thing about working with a turtle shell. Post a pick of it when you're done. Those lamps are sweet!

Pages: 1 8 replies