[ Edited by: Dave Kohlman 2010-06-04 06:29 ]

[ Edited by: Dave Kohlman 2010-06-04 06:59 ]

Cool work!

On 2010-06-03 08:07, zerostreet wrote:
Cool work!

Thanks..glad you like
I will post some more soon.

[ Edited by: Dave Kohlman 2010-06-03 08:15 ]

Welcome to TC Dave. Great stuff, made me laugh out loud! Love the pufferfish helmet :D

Most Excellent!
Toe had mentioned your work...
Great stories within the pieces!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jun 3, 2010 10:02 AM

Always a treat to see the work of new artists here on TC.

Great stuff, Dave - Thanks for posting! G

L

Awesome!

Post more..I really like your style!

T

Relly nice welcome to tc cant wiat to see some more of your work!
The helmet is really effen funny!

"So you think my helmet looks funny..."

I really have a thing for octopuses, so the second one is just great..

S

I have to say that i've seen both these pieces in the flesh and they are really amazing. Great work Dave.

Very Cool! I still can't get that smooth perfect look in my painting with acrylic. You work looks perfect, I'm jealous! Wendy

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2010 5:39 PM

Love it. Really. Post more! Show us the process! It's all about the process, right? Super mana to you and your art. How much? Aloha.

Thanks all...appreciate it!! I will post a couple more..and I will also post some concept sketches and stuff. Getting that smooth effect is all about taking time and building up the paint, be patient. Many times during a painting do I think I have buggered it..but with a little work and faith, it comes out in the end. Keep your brush loaded with paint but neat! Sometimes a rougher finnish can look great too... Also with acrylic paint...you have to blend quickly, and keep your brush damp. It's funny...I sometimes try and 'dirty' my work up a little...but I seem to get the same cleaner result??? Do what comes natural, try different things...and most of all have fun doing it. The more you paint, the more you will improve your tecnique. Cheers everyone.
Prices?? http://www.kohlmanart.com

[ Edited by: Dave Kohlman 2010-06-09 08:04 ]

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2010 8:57 AM

right on Dave. great to see u here. stoked to see your work. especially the black backgrounds that have such great deep space!

Kenny Ruzic, Monkeyman and i were at a dusty old consignment antique mall in Dana Point, and i found a parrot fish hat like ur puffer hats...shockingly bad. it was a little tight, otherwise it would have been mine. I went back a few weeks later and it was gone.

Hey g'day there brother Tom...you on here too!! Everyone is on here, can't believe I was this late getting to the table. Mate..you should have bought that helmet...I sure as hell would of. Maybe we should start producing them...I could see them being a big hit with all the tourists in Wai Kiki. I love the posting of that guy wearing one...I got the idea off a stamp, and that was the only image I found. Mohalo.

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jun 12, 2010 8:43 AM

Very cool, uh?

Pages: 1 16 replies