Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Let's See your Airbrushed Tikis!

Pages: 1 32 replies

First off I am a new member, and Hello to everyone. I Love Tiki's and Tiki Central, but I have tried my share of tiki carving and enjoy but enjoy airbrushing more. Thru the years I have seen some cool stuff here, but have seen alot of airbrushed tiki art on the forum also. Unfortunately it's not all in one place. So lets see some Airbrush work, Post your airbrushed tiki art here. I'll start!!!
This is a 10" dia piece of pvc 4' tall!

L

Wow you have awesome skills!

Really love this a lot!

Welcome to TC and look forward to seeing more of your work!

A

Hello ! I'm drooling! fantastic work

Excellent work!...and welcome aboard!

T

Looks great! Glad to have you here.

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2010-06-03 10:52 ]

Welcome to TC Nick. Nice airbrushed tiki, very detailed.

One of my favorite tiki airbrush artists is Dennis Mathewson (cosmictiki) He doesn't post very often so I'll put one of his works here. I believe this one is on brushed aluminum.

SWEEEET! REALLY REALLY detailed. Love to see a work in progress.

I am not sure if I have any pics of in process I'll look.

Yeah Dennis Mathewson is awesome, I think that's where I got my ideas and really wanting and getting into tiki art. I was fortunate enough to check out his work in Waikiki, at the Thor Studio. Pictures online don't do justice for his artwork in person. You have to see em in tru life. Those aluminum ones he does has so much depth and glow that you can look at em for hours and just get mesmerized by it!

Post, Post, it doesnt have to be a tiki, ANY airbrushed tiki, shrunken head, hawaiian, or other similar airbrushed work will work, just keep it in the style of TC. ----Tiki's Rule Though----

[ Edited by: Nickscustompaint 2010-06-03 12:29 ]

[ Edited by: Nickscustompaint 2010-06-03 12:30 ]

T

Heres a couple. I love the new guys stuff
reslly clean!

Very cool stuff.....Nice idea for a thread also!!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2010 4:36 AM

Nice work Nick! =D

This mini truck is called Leid Out

S

That's beautiful Nick. Great stuff and good post. I tried airbrushing a loooong time ago, however it's not my forte.
Is that your work Hewey? If it is, if I ever get a car worth doing that to, I know who i'm going to come see.

That table is a cool idea!

Hewey, Killer work! I like your style.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2010 5:09 PM

Hahaha no...those are all pics found on google image search! :lol:

Here's an update! Got a call about a Murial, the guy wanted a beach theme , so i thought beach/Tiki great reason to do some more Tiki airbrushing! I also made sure I took some progress pics! The center opening actually opens up to reveal a real bar!

[ Edited by: Nickscustompaint 2010-08-16 06:38 ]

We still need others here to post their stuff too! I know there has to be more airbrush artiss out there!

Haven't been on here in a while, nor do I have anything new to add that I've done. I do want to add these I seen on www.vonfranco(dot)com. Von Franco is an exceptional artist! I love his work! here are some cool ones to add to this post! All airbrushed on canvas!

Von Franco, check out his site great work.

Nice work Nick. Is that a mirrored pufferfish disco ball in the "Tiki Rodder" picture? :lol:

Havent had much to add lately, but am currently helping out a local tiki carver by airbrushing some of his carved tikis!

Let me know what you think got a bunch more to do that I'll post in the future!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 9:26 AM

You're not going to make a lot of friends around here with brightly colored tikis. People on this forum prefer tradtional wood, or wood stained carvings. Tiki carvings that are painted are usually very muted, or very little color used as an accent.

Yin and Yangs on Tikis is a No-No too...

You should use your talent for good not evil.

I would hit all of these with a nice coat of ebony stain to push back the colors a little bit. These look more like cement parking lot dividers...

Clown tikis !

Ha, Ha,! I totally agree with you all but, I just do as I get paid to. Also unbelievably they sold like hot cakes from what the guy told me! Go figure!! Thanks for all the input from everyone, even if it was negative. This is a true forum where people actually tell the truth!! By the way I'm doing some more this week I'll try to post as soon as I get em done to give you guys some more gut wrenching turn your stomach feelings!

Heres some more of the latest. Let me know what you think of these? good and bad!

These were more traditional on the first 4 and the last was one I did with a tropical theme, with the dolphins.

On 2010-07-07 05:17, Nickscustompaint wrote:
Haven't been on here in a while, nor do I have anything new to add that I've done. I do want to add these I seen on www.vonfranco(dot)com. Von Franco is an exceptional artist! I love his work! here are some cool ones to add to this post! All airbrushed on canvas!

Von Franco, check out his site great work.

Von Franco is AMAZING!

I think I have given up the Carved Tiki airbrushing! So no need for worry about anymore getting ruined by bright colors, and flames! lol Gonna move on to painting a large toolbox(Tiki themed) for the next project and maybe tiki up my new mailbox, beings my old ones been smashed 2 times this year!

T

Dont give Up !! There is a market for everyone. I personally aIrbrush my stain on all my tikis,Traditional or not, If not for the bold to try something new , One would never know. Keep on doing what you want & never try to impress anyone .But yourself,ALOHA!

T

Pages: 1 32 replies