Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

A Singapore Sling in Singapore

Pages: 1 2 replies

W

I just felt like sharing this since I never stop in Singapore and have no idea when I may do so again. Anyway, on my way to Manila I had just enough time in the airport to stop at O'Leary's, the only bar I could find inside and ordered a sling just to say I did. According to the ingredient list on the menu their sling is about the same as the oe listed in Remixed on page 90 sans the bitters. It tasted great, bitters or not. (My grandpa prefers his sling without bitters) Kind of a light flavor, didn't come on strong at all and was very pleasant going down. I had two while there, since I had to run to catch my flight the bartender jut put the second in a to-go cup and I chugged it running through Changi. Finished it off right before getting in a very long line of Filipinos on their way home.

[ Edited by: Wayfarer 2010-06-03 09:08 ]

[ Edited by: Wayfarer 2010-06-03 09:09 ]

UT

Way to go Wayfarer. Is that a copy of the Bum's book traveling with you?

W

Yes it is! After ordering the drink I pulled out Remixed and Sippin' Safari (since I keep it in my carry-on for amusement and lay over drink emergencies) and checked the ingredients against the Singapore Sling listed on pg. 88-90 of Remixed. It seems to be similar to the 1970's - now version listed.

"I could be a professional writer if I put my mind to it. A bitter, angry hack that starts fistfights at cocktail parties- I could do that job."
-Daria Morgendorffer

[ Edited by: Wayfarer 2010-06-05 06:13 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies