Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Rincon Room Party-Adventures In Paradise - Sept -4th - 2010 - Update Page 4

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies

I'll be there & bringing pre-mix so the lines move fast :) I was thinking "Shaka Hula Bossa Nova" ??? thoughts?.... Thanks Ron great times to be had!

TT

Sherriyaki and Tonga Tom will be there.
Really looking forward to it!

Can't get me enough of the "Shaka Hula Bossa Nova!"

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-08-31 13:07 ]

L

Please count me in! i am really looking forward to it.

i don't know if i can make 100 cupcakes, but i'll be bringing mai tai cupcakes (and hopefully can figure out a better way to get more rum in it this time around... ).

T

Very excited! I'll definitely bring some munchies of some sort.

We are coming straight from Primers-so is it okay if we bring booze instead of food?
Not sure my awesome deviled eggs would be some 'awesome' after 6 hours in the sun. . . . :wink:

Really looking forward to it!
Thanks for your amazing hospitality Ron & Mickey!

Event pendant based on the figurehead:

Limited run @ $10 a piece, available only at the magnificient Rincon Room. ALL proceeds go to help pay for the party!

See you there!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Sep 3, 2010 5:03 AM

Nice pendant!

If there's somebody out there that can't make the party tommorrow - but wants one - PM me today. G

B

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. If anybody is coming to the area for the Ventura (Primer) Nationals or other activities you can drop off food here first or bring booze. We will have a couple of cases of beer and if that is your main drink, then feel free to bring more. It has been foggy all day on the coast and the Nationals at the Fairgrounds is right on the beach. Here it is supposed to be 79 degrees but it will drop to 54 at night so bring something warm to throw on later.

Mahalo to Polynesiac for making a pendant (about 50) for our party....now we can all feel like Gardner McKay as he sails around the South Seas on the Tiki...

Guest Bartenders...

The Whale Rider-Daytonas
Hiphipahula-Shaka Hula Bossa Nova
Kick_the_Reverb-Reverb Crash

I will be serving-Drifters Reef
Also there will be a vessel filled with Chief Lapu Lapu...self serve

Plus lotsa food & Mai Mai Tai Cupcakes?!!

If anyone else wants a guest bartend spot let me know...

Ron,

I will bring stuff to make 3 rum Grogs for the late shift.
after Ran.

Jeff(btd)

I will be there! And I will bring some edible aloha!

T

I'm there, hopefully with Tikiyaki Egg Rolls in tow.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

tikiyaki eggrolls.........nom nom nom

Jim/Ron I must have a pendant! We will be there of course just laying low in bed all week sick, this sucks!!!!!!!! But I have the party to look forward to.

On 2010-09-03 00:42, Polynesiac wrote:
Event pendant based on the figurehead:

Limited run @ $10 a piece, available only at the magnificient Rincon Room. ALL proceeds go to help pay for the party!

See you there!

Awesome job on the pendant Polynesiac...but then again everything you create is
pretty much the bomb !

On 2010-09-03 08:03, bongofury wrote:

Guest Bartenders...

The Whale Rider-Daytonas
Hiphipahula-Shaka Hula Bossa Nova
Kick_the_Reverb-Reverb Crash

I will be serving-Drifters Reef
Also there will be a vessel filled with Chief Lapu Lapu...self serve

I will will bringing "Exotique" instead as quite a few had the chance to taste "Shaka Hula" at Caliente. Hopefully a taste of something extra to round it out a bit. :)

For the Rincon Room, Representing & Sponsored by Kelly "HipHiPaHulA!" Reilly

"Tonga Time" Friday -Saturday & "Exotica Sunday" Featuring, DJ Marty Lush of the "Tikiyaki Orchestra" 4-8pm.
Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-09-03 14:06 ]

Sounds like a great time. Sorry I'll miss it. Some of us NorCal folks are gathering tomorrow as well. It will be one large CA Tiki party.

DZ

On 2010-09-03 10:52, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

Any chance you have some leftovers of the drink you made (and I missed...) with the poi?

Just enough for one person (me)?

I'll keep it on the DL, I promise... :wink:

HJ

Unable to attend but must have pendant!

AIP fan since childhod. If you give a "payable to" name and mailing address, 'will mail cheque + mailing etc costs, tomorrow. Thank you

What time are you going to be at the party, Dr. Z? I could be persuaded to whip up a special batch for you. Wink back at ya.

On 2010-09-03 17:34, Doctor Z wrote:

On 2010-09-03 10:52, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

Any chance you have some leftovers of the drink you made (and I missed...) with the poi?

Just enough for one person (me)?

I'll keep it on the DL, I promise... :wink:

TT

Unfortunately, Sherriyaki's got the fever...

Sadly, this isn't the cure...

Sorry we're gonna miss the party, but she has to become less hotheaded.
Please take and post pics so we can pretend we were there.

Thank you!
TT & S

K
kirby posted on Sat, Sep 4, 2010 11:38 AM

Tom Give her,her snuggy kiss her forehead and get your ass to the party... I have regretted missing this party for the past few years...
We are heading out in a few gonna cruise around a bit and probly get there by show time... see yal soon!!

Hi kids - is there room for two last minute additions? We'll bring something yummy! Thanks!

T

Waiitng for egg rolls to get done, then I'm on my way !

I'll probably be wreaking of cooking oil when I get there, so deal with it !

B

Sorry Sherriyaki is not feeling well...please come up for a visit and cocktails another time. Mr. Wickedly and any other TCers are welcome. I will Pm the address. I will check back here in an hour then.....snooze ya loose. See ya all here!

Alohas

T

Here is the previously unpublished, unknown, and even uncreated poster until the morning of the event. 8x10 posters were available at the event for free or a donation for the party supplies.

You can also order a print of the poster from Snapfish for $2.99 if you didn't pick one up at the event.
http://www5.snapfish.com/flickrus/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2024251028/a=2683794028_2683794028/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=flickrus/

This was an awesome night! Great setting and awesome people! Thanks all who were so nice to our new puppy, "The Captain" He cleaned up all spilled drinks, licked toes, and had the wiggles when listening to Glasgow Tiki Shakers! Thanks for all those great sweets, Murph had a gnarly cheesecake, Sparkle Gem had a light and fluffy cupcake that nearly floated off my plate. Tobunga had Adventure in Paradise cookies! Someone made chocolate covered mint cupcakes... I'm making some today! Fudge with Velveeta, yeah, I'm serious! My vice is not cocktails, but these tropical sweets from exotic lands! Thanks everyone and especially thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Bongofury for being great hosts, even under fire from our local law enforcement. The deputies wanted to stay and party, and loved the setting! That was priceless seeing them walk in all wide eyed and smiling!

Mr. & Mrs. Bongofury,

Thanks so much for hosting the Adventures in Paradise get together. Great party, great food, great drinks, great music, great people.....

A few random photos of the Rincon Room

We had a really fun time.

DC

JB

Mucho Mahalos to Mr. and Mrs Bongofury for a wonderful evening! The Rincon Room is tropical eye candy!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 10:15 AM

GROG have fun. Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Furious Bongos.

CA

On 2010-09-05 10:15, GROG wrote:
GROG have fun. Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Furious Bongos.

couldn't ask for better people in the tiki world!!

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 2:00 PM

Thanks Ron and Mickee for a superb party - we had a really fun evening last night: Great company, great music, great cocktails, great food, great environment, great weather...truly adventures in paradise. Aloha! G

T
TNT posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 4:46 PM

Thank you for hosting a great event in your lovely home. We had a great time.

T

Thanx Mr and Mrs Bongofury.

Amazing food, drinks, and house....perfect !!! Had a great time.

Ron and Mickee-
Thank you so much for having us at your amazing home !!! Laura and I really had a lot of fun !! Ron your breakfast suggestion was great, too !!!
Also, a big thank you to everybody that tended bar and made the delicious food !!! Everything was freaking great!! Also thanks to the Glasgow Tiki Shakers. It was nice to be in such good company with everybody!!!

M

Hot damn that was fun! Thank you guys so much!

B

A huge mahalo goes out to the guest bar tenders and the clean up crew. It was great seeing our friends old & new. GTS was spot on as always and played "Adventures In Paradise" a couple of times. I'm still a bit fuzzy, but will try to post some pics tomorrow. A couple of Ventura County Sheriff's finest came by early (8pm?) and were super friendly and could not understand why they got a complaint as they thought the music was good and not too loud. They felt bad about asking us to turn it down a little. Party went til 1:30am or so and they never returned!

We could not believe the amount and quality of the food that was supplied by our friends. It really touched us to think about how much time you all spent prepping. The dessert table was overflowing with amazing sweets. Couldn't even fit them all on our dining room table. I heard there was a late nite "Pie Fest 2010" about 2:30am. Behind the bar the drinks were as good as the food and I want to thank everyone for coming out and making the party a big success. My favorite moments were presenting Marie with a Maori carved cane & Mrs. Fury's toast to Tiki-Kate who was not feeling well enough to make the trek. Happy Birthday Mrs. Fury!

Kia Orana & Alohas
Ron & Mickee

Thank you so much for an evening in paradise! I'm so glad we got a room down there so we could hang out without concern.

What an absolutely terrific group of people. Couldn't ask for more!

Mahalo!

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 9:30 PM

Forgot to post these pics earlier - three from G

Tyler Fleming - diggin the Glasgow Tiki Shakers live

Ambience deluxe featured at Ron and Mickee's Rincon Room

So. Cal tiki peeps relaxin' and socializin' - good times!

Some highlight pictures of the evening...

Marie is lookin' awesome!

Manuel, Mickee and Eric pausing to smile

Rincon's host, Ron along with the Glasgow Tiki Shakers

Another fun moment

(more to come)

That was another great Rincon Room party, thank you so much Ron & Mickee, our family had so much fun.
The GTS sounded great (and they DO know how to sound great at neighborhood friendly volume), thanks to everyone who supplied food, drink, and good company.
It's amazing how much the place has changed for the better (and it was amazing before, so that was not an easy task)!

Until next time,
Ran

Mucho Maholoz again go to the Bongofury's for another amazing party.

thanks to all for the food, and booze.

Thanks to the Tiki Shakers for the perfect party music.

and of course, thanks to all the cool peeps that came, and made the party so much fun.

If there was only 1 so.cal. tiki House party a year.
I would vote for this 1 to be it.

Happy B-day Mickee,

Jeff(btd)

The weather was perfect.....

Thank you all for coming. Polynesiac's necklaces were a big hit. We only have a couple left. Lost & Found....Atomic Cocktail we have your special drinking vessel, Ran left his juice squeezers, and there is a black Dickies jacket here...not sure who it belongs to.

The food arrives...Mai Tai cupcakes

PolyPop, Murph & Manuel hit the Dessert table

JonPaul & Marie do a taste test

Bill from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers fuels up on beer & Velveeta fudge from Rob Roy

The guests arrive

Adam & Atomikitty

GTS gets it started

Sperm Whale & Whale Rider take over my shift and kick it up a notch

Her birthday finest

Tiki Bird & Me

JonPaul & bigtikidude take it all in

Atomic Coctail, Lady Velour & Tiki Bird

Mrs. Fury with a Drifter's Reef

Grog, Tyler & Polly

The drinks kick in...

Claudette, Sabu, Big Toe & Marty Lush

Atomic Cocktail, Johnny & Lady Velour

Kick_the_reverb behind the bar

Tikigeeki and HipHipaHula with Bill & Joyce of GTS

ModMana & Shilpa all the way from San Diego

Tobunga with the themed tasty cookies

Gone early

Dr. Z brought the hangover cure "it's not one of THOSE parties is it?" which did not work......I forgot to take it.

Until we meet again.....Aloha

CA

nice wildlife Ron!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-09-06 13:38 ]

TB

Had a great time as always!

Thanks.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Sep 6, 2010 3:01 PM

:lol: C-Al !

Aloha Mickee and Ron,

Many mahalos for the magical evening! It was wonderful to see you and to spend time at your amazing tropical hideaway. Thank you so much for hosting such a fantastic evening.

xox Gemma, Mark and Miss F

Mr and Mrs Fury,
We want to thank so very much for opening up your beautiful home to have such an awesome party! You two are topnotch!

I'm also very humbled that you asked me to create the official pendant, and I'm stoked that it was so well received by everybody. Thank you everyone for the compliments.

It was awesome hanging with old friends, meeting many new friends and getting a chance to snack on the wonderful creations that everyone brought to eat and drink. We had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

CA

On 2010-09-06 15:01, TikiG wrote:
:lol: C-Al !

ya.. add a bit of Rogue-Gain??.....

On 2010-09-05 16:54, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Ron and Mickee-
Thank you so much for having us at your amazing home !!! Laura and I really had a lot of fun !! Ron your breakfast suggestion was great, too !!!
Also, a big thank you to everybody that tended bar and made the delicious food !!! Everything was freaking great!! Also thanks to the Glasgow Tiki Shakers. It was nice to be in such good company with everybody!!!

Yeah, what he said! Except for the breakfast part because we didn't go there.

And that's my jacket...ugh.

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies