Are resin Moais squirrel food?

Pages: 1 17 replies

Just asking...

PTD

L

well they are now!

C
Chub posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 5:12 PM

Maybe that little guy is on to something?! I try one of mine tonight for dinner. Add a little hot sauce and I bet it'll taste just great.

we had a rocking horse for my 3 yr old son outside in the back and noticed his ears and main was chewed on and worndered what was up with that so one day im on the puter and here come this squirrel this time he chewed off the tail pour guy . so later on no ears tail & just looking on the ragged side . im thinkin he used it for his nest maybe .

D
dcman posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 5:52 PM

I get pissed off at the squirrels in my bird feeders, so I add cayenne and red pepper to the bird food. The birds can't taste it, but boy does it send the squirrels flying off the feeder for water!

Makes me laugh every time......

dcman

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 5:57 PM

JAJAJA!!!

On 2010-06-07 17:52, dcman wrote:
.....but boy does it send the squirrels flying off the feeder for water!
Makes me laugh every time......

Now that's not nice! I love sitting in my kitchen and watching these two squirrels chase each other around the tree trunk outside.
Once though when my son was little we had a rabid squirrel in attack mode jump him and chase him into his trailer. My wife had to beat it back with a broom. It went flying thru the air several times, but as soon as it landed on its feet, it launched back at her...until it got worn out.

If you have enough of their shenanigans, you can always do this :D :

ARGH!!!

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 7:30 PM

That is one FAT squirrel - maybe all the resin is expanding in his belly!?

I've hunted and eaten squirrel. They're pretty good, but a bit of a pain to clean. If they were bigger it'd be worth it. Maybe on a Moai diet . .

N
B

PTD ~ I think your on to something....

MOAI SQUIRREL FEEDERS, DA MOAI THEY EAT THE MOAI THEY LIKE!!

I can see them for sale at pet stores across the country!!

:wink:

This is not a squirrel. This is a woodchuck/ground hog/tail-less beaver thingy.

I noticed the Moai had some "chew" marks on it a few days ago, but I wasn't sure what was eating at it.
While I was out painting on my Witco chair restoration yesterday I heard the squirrel gnawing on it.
Not sure why because we have a squirrel feeder in the yard. I would really be impressed if it could chew on the stone Moai sitting on the shelf next to it!

PTD

H

On 2010-06-08 08:31, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
I noticed the Moai had some "chew" marks on it a few days ago, but I wasn't sure what was eating at it.
While I was out painting on my Witco chair restoration yesterday I heard the squirrel gnawing on it.
Not sure why because we have a squirrel feeder in the yard. I would really be impressed if it could chew on the stone Moai sitting on the shelf next to it!

PTD

Having a squirrel feeder is not going to prevent gnawing. Eating and gnawing are two different things. Rodents usually gnaw on wood to keep their incisors from getting too long but it sounds like resin does the job too. Protect the rest with (like dcman said,) a cayenne pepper spray.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.