Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Room, SF - 2nd Wednesday of every month

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

In town for the afternoon/evening to take an early morning flight from SFO. Anybody up for hitting the Tonga Room a day early?

O
Otto posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 10:56 PM

On 2010-10-19 14:13, rugbymatt wrote:
In town for the afternoon/evening to take an early morning flight from SFO. Anybody up for hitting the Tonga Room a day early?

We do it the second Wed of ea month, that was Oct 13

O
Otto posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 10:57 PM

On 2010-10-16 08:11, Tiki King wrote:

I never realized I had so many feathers!
Tiki King

cool art, but, uh, you're a Parrothead!?

O
Otto posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2010 10:11 PM

Wed Nov 10 is the second Wednesday of the month which means its time for your monthly visit to the Tonga Room!

But wait! Just got this tip from JenTiki

Due to a private party, the Tonga Room will be closed on the 2nd Wednesday of this month, so we're moving the festivities to Trader Vic's in Emeryville, this month only. If there's enough interest, we're considering doing a regular gathering at Trader Vic's on the 4th Wednesday of each month (starting after the holidays), so this is a trial run.

Happy hours at Trader Vic's are 4:00-6:00 and 9:00-11:00. A couple of us will be coming after work in San Francisco, so we'll arrive around 6:30, but you can start as early as you like! If you haven't seen Vic's since the remodel, we think you'll like the changes. The staff is usually happy to show you around and point out some of the changes, so feel free to ask.

And as a welcome to Tiki Central folks the Trader Vic's staff has graciously given us $1 off Mai Tais from 6 - 8 if you mention Tiki Central! Sort of like our own little secret Happy Hour extension.

We hope to see you on Wednesday!

J

$1 off mai tais! Awesome!

T

Brenda and I will be at Vic's tonight.

This will be the first time I will see Vic's after the remodel. Excited!

Can't wait to see the Ohana.

O
Otto posted on Mon, Dec 6, 2010 11:50 PM

Second Wednesday Tonga Room meet-up has been postponed til Feb 2011
We will NOT meet at Tonga Room December 8 or January 12
But will restart Tonga Room nights in February on Wednesday, February 9

we are also launching a once a month Wednesday the fourth Wednesday of the month starting in February
at Trader Vic's Emeryville

O
Otto posted on Wed, Feb 9, 2011 8:36 AM

Tonga Room Wednesdays have been canceled for a few reasons

1. drink prices were raised to $12
  2. Calif street cable car is under repair for the next year making it harder and less fun to get to Tonga
  3. Trader Vic's Emeryville has reached out to the Tiki community (again!) with a great happy hour offer

so I am going to host a once a month Thursday night Tiki Central/Tiki Oasis Happy Hour there
Details TBD

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38985&forum=17&hilite=trader%20vic%27s

Ok...so is there going to be a confirmed Wed. for March? (since if I am counting the Wes. right I missed Feb.)

T

Never mind, I see the monthly event has moved to Trader Vic's Emeryville .

[ Edited by: TikiSan 2011-03-06 23:56 ]

Better late than never Otto! Finally found the pics from my visit to Tonga Room and those misfits from Forbidden Island. J'Jim

[ Edited by: Jungle Jim & Jennifer 2012-04-19 16:28 ]

Pages: 1 2 58 replies