Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Unofficial Hukilau 2010 iPhone/Android Scavenger Hunt beta

Pages: 1 1 replies

HL

Aloha everyone -- When I'm not mixing drinks or playing uke, I'm often playing around with super-geeky computer stuff.

Last week I came across a new iPhone/Android app call SCVNGR. The purpose of the app and site is to let people build and play mobile scavenger hunts with challenges. Challenges are things like answering a question, taking and uploading a photo with your phone/device, and scanning a QR code.

Since Hukilau is right around the corner, I thought it would fun to put together a test challenge around Hukilau to try out the system. This is an UNOFFICIAL event and is in no way associated with Hukilau -- it's just something I'm doing for fun.

Having said that, y'all are invited to download the software and join in the fun. There a about a dozen challenges spread across all of the Hukilau locations and days.

1. Download SCVNGR at the Apple iTunes App store or SCVNGR at Android Market, depending on your device
  2. Once you check into the hotel, log into SCVNGR and look for the trek called "Hukilau2010"
  3. Start playing the challenges

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave them here. I'll try to get back to you as often as I can.

From what I can tell, the trek will not show up until you reach the Ft. Lauderdale area, so don't be surprised if you can't find the trek right away.

T

I'll play...Installed App..Should be in Lauderdale in 3 hours.

Pages: 1 1 replies