Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: 43 Punch

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi There !

I am working on this one since a few weeks and i´d love your professional alcoholic expertise on improving it further.

43 Punch

1/2 lime juice
3 fresh orange juice
1/2 cane sirup
1 licor 43 („Cuarenta y Tres“)
1 1/2 Demerara Rum (i use el dorado 8 year which i found best suiting)
1 dash of angostura bitters
8 drops of pernod

(stole the angostura/pernod part from Don´s Beachcombers Punch)

Blend with one cup of crushed ice for 5 seconds(not longer) and serve in a glass with more crushed ice to fill.

The Vanilla and Spices from the 43 licor work wonders with the demerara and the orange base which you might want to reduce to 2 parts as a variant.

I would love your suggestions and support in making this one even better - one can only drink so much all alone :)

[ Edited by: marcus_at 2010-06-14 00:10 ]

[ Edited by: marcus_at 2010-06-14 00:21 ]

On 2010-06-14 00:09, marcus_at wrote:
Hi There !

I am working on this one since a few weeks and i´d love your professional alcoholic expertise on improving it further.

I would love your suggestions and support in making this one even better - one can only drink so much all alone :)

Alcoholic?!?! I prefer the term "enthusiast." :)

Anyhow, I'll give it a run tonight.

Enthusiasts are especially welcome since they bring the right dedication to the job !

You might want to skip the cane sirup part in case - like mine yesterday - the fresh oranges are ripe and sweet enough to add the sugar amount the drink needs.

Waiting on your feedback.

Prost ! (as we say in austria)

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 12:06 AM

Ask Mister Naufrago. He loves Licor del 43 (43 ingredients!) from Spain.
Good idea, asking the enthusiasts... Let's see what happens...
How's everything tiki in Austria these days? Beautiful city... Loved the Egon Schile drawings!
Salud! and Welcome to T.C.

Hi Zeta !

Thanks for the hint.

There is not much tiki going on here - i am from linz in the middle of austria not from vianna(capital).

In vienna you got:

http://www.rock-a-hula.at/ueberuns.php
and of course THE american bar - planters
http://www.livingstone.at/setlivi.htm

Apart from that we got not much - i blame that on a lack of beaches :wink:

I fell in love with rums and have a decent collection which brought me to cocktails and tiki lately - still in full experimental mode here.

Since we don´t have to live with stupid embargos or trademark wars we can fill our glasses with havana club and the best demeraras, and south american rums here. Lemon Hart is gone here too unfortunately..

Hint: Try Malteco Reserva Maya 15 Anos - Guatemala, Licorera Quezalteca

I´d love to see more recipes with those rums since they usually outshine their caribic counterparts in my humble opinion.

Marcus

[ Edited by: marcus_at 2010-06-16 01:09 ]

No Feedback yet - come on guys !!

Pages: 1 5 replies