Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Auction for Tiki-Kate at Ohana Luau at the Lake!

Pages: 1 30 replies

M
mieko posted on Mon, Jun 14, 2010 1:21 PM

As you all know, Tiki-Kate has had some health problems recently. Her latest rounds of chemo are showing some results, but they're also making her very tired and sick. She's been trying to continue to go to work even while doing chemo. The stress of trying to work when she's so sick is really hard. She doesn't like asking for help, but I convinced her to let us help her out.

Squid and Babalu will be hosting a silent auction at their booths at Luau at the Lake! 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM on Saturday 26th. We're looking for people to donate items to auction. These can be art, vintage, whatever. No restrictions. All money raised will go to Kate for her medical bills and to help her pay her mortgage if she can't work.

Items will need to be shipped to the event, I have an address for anyone that would like to donate, please contact me. Items will need to ARRIVE AT THE EVENT NO LATER THAN Thursday, 6/24.

Hopefully people can also post pictures of any items on this thread as well so people can find out what cool stuff is up for grabs!!

This is pretty short notice, I hope to do another auction later this summer, so if you don't have anything now but want to donate in the future, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all the support!
Mieko

S
squid posted on Mon, Jun 14, 2010 2:23 PM

YAY! Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, Mieko! Here's one item I'll be auctioning. Direct from the "Crypto Mugs" thread we have a Louie B Pino Frio. Bid early, bid often!

All you arteests out there, we know where you live. Don't make us stalk you for donations... :)

GOT A STALKER CALL FROM SQUIZZ
AND I'M IN!
NO PHOTO THO
BUT IT'S A PAINTED PINEAPPLE MONKEYPOD PIECE!
FEEL BETTER KATE!!!

Feel free to PM BigHo,Clysdalle,TikiG,TikiShark,Bowana,Billy,matt Reese,Sleestak,etc...

Also PM anyone who likes to slip under the radar when it comes to donating...
:)

B

Thanks for firing up the engine on this Mieko...

Well, I'm only going to do a "small" run on these here Cobra Fang Mugs before I call it quits on this design -

but, I am only going to do "one" albino/white Cobra - period - ever!...the number 2 cast. This guy is going up on the table for Kate. I beleive that he is the best one of the entire lot...

Awesome mugs. I'm in. Sending Black Velvet painting.

I'm in. Just give me a day to unpack and figure out what I have left from Hukilau. I'll post it up here.

In!
Sending it with Carolyn's donation!
Love you Kate!

I'll have a piece or 2 for you Squid/Bab's/Mieko, Let me know who or where to send it?

13.5" X 11"

and I'll have 1 more.

[ Edited by: tikimecula 2010-06-15 13:12 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 2:22 PM

A Java Bob and a pair of Moai Salt and Pepper Shakers by GROG.

Java Bob coffee mug. Limited edition of 25.

Moai Salt and Pepper shakers.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-06-15 14:48 ]

Thank you for putting this together Mieko! Kate is one of the "old guard" and a long time friend of the Farm and a personal friend of mine, too. The Farm is stepping up with 2 gift certificates to the highest bidders. Whatever your winning bid is, we will double it in Tiki Farm cash! You can use the gift certificates however you want at tikifarm.com - towards regular priced goods, sale goods, limited edtions, freight costs, etc. - there are NO RESTRICTIONS (with the exception that they are NOT redeemable in cash)! I'm sending off the gift certificates with my friends Hinano Paul & Deana who will also be vending and representing the Farm!

As is the case with all limited edtions that are coming up in the future, you must place your bid online - we will not accept any telephone preorders, no exceptions.

With our new shopping cart, you will be billed with your online order immediately but we will manually credit back your order(s) accordingly against your gift certificate value. Good luck & have a blast!

[ Edited by: makedamug 2010-06-16 19:41 ]

I'd love to help out. I can donate a 16x20 canvas print of my Tiki Tower illustration. Here's a detail of it:

I'm sure the stress about finances doesn't help Kate's health when she's trying to heal from the cancer and already sick from the chemo. It's a lousy situation.

I'm donating this Islander Bumatay mug. If you've got a service or artistic talent (like pinstriping, tatooing, making a sign, etc.) that you'd like to auction off instead of an actual physical item, that would work well too.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 9:44 AM

Holy crap, Sabu! That's a pretty sought-after mug. GROG hope you're not giving up your only one.

Bravo, Mieko and thanks for asking, Dave. Most happy to send some TJO CDs in support. Get better every day, Kate!!!!
-Andy

From Santa Ana’s sorely missed Kono Hawaii I’ll be sending some match boxes and an OMC Ku mug. Sure it’s not the rarest of rare but it might be a little hard to find for our East Coast friends.

I’m also throwing in an autographed headshot of me - Talk about rare!! :o

That alone should raise .88¢ :wink:

S

I am SO bidding on that 8x10 glossy!!!! HOT baby HOT!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your donations.

I'm going to cut it off at this point to make sure they all arrive in time.

Keep your eyes open for posts by Mieko announcing future fundraising shenanigans.

M
mieko posted on Fri, Jun 18, 2010 4:23 PM

Thanks so much everyone for pitching in!!! We'll get updates to let you know how everything goes.

I have just gotten confirmation that we will be doing another silent auction for Kate in mid-August (hmmm) and I will be posting something official in a new thread once I get some time. But start making or looking for stuff!

Thanks again! I can't believe all the amazing stuff people put up in just a few days. I really appreciate it.

Mieko

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jun 22, 2010 1:48 PM

Sorry Meiko for not seeing this thread until today :(

I'm definitely in for the August thing though...

(GOD! DIG THAT BUMATAY MUG...DIG THAT KONO HAWAII STUFF!)

Here is my moai pendant for the auction.

And one of these Tahitians

Erik the Red

I missed the mailing deadline. But will be sending something to Mieko for the August fundraiser.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2010 11:58 AM

Same here.

Missed it! But I'll be checking back and happy to help out on the next one. Kate, I haven't met you yet, but you're well known and beloved ~ hang in there and I hope every day you feel little stronger.

I just saw this. We are so in for the next one!

Very cool Meiko, be in touch. Keep gettin' better Kate :)

B

Hey you guys,

Just wanted to throw out a HUGE thank you for all of the wonderful donations that came in for this event auction for Kate. Squid and I had a wonderful time running it, and it proved to be very successful.

I'm looking forward to whatever happens in August.

There is no doubt in my mind that the TC Ohana are some of the best people on the planet. You all ROCK! I am very proud to call you all my friends.

Best,

Babs

Im sorry I didnt see this thread sooner. I would like to participate if possible.

I would like to put this up for Kates benefit.

Its an original Monkeyman Frame with a custom matte job by Frame Fetish and a beautiful Heather Watts print from several years back.

The frame is hand carved from mahogany and weighs about 8-10 lbs (in case you all want to calc shipping). The whole piece is roughly 18" x 24"

Do we set a minimum bid on things like this? I will defer to Mieko.
I am sending good vibes your way kate.

Awesome Derek ,looks insane.

Mieko/squid/babs. Count me in for the next one!!!!
Great donations everyone
we're all pulling for you Kate!

I'm in for the August one, too!

Here's the thread for the next one in August at oasis.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37130&forum=15&2

This auction seemed to have gone quite well. Thank you so much to everyone who donated and to those who bid on all of these wonderful items.

I received the money a couple of weeks ago. I was at the pharmacy one day and realized that the price on one of my brand name prescriptions had doubled. I'm standing at the pharmacy counter having a mild coronary, when I realized that I had it covered due to your generous donations. Thank you for taking these small loads off of my mind. You've all been so very good to me, and it is greatly appreciated.

Pages: 1 30 replies