Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Blake's Bahooka

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

A

Here are some photos of the home bar that's been a work in progress for aprox 4 years...Enjoy!

[ Edited by: Anestiki 2010-06-25 02:26 ]

Thanks!

Hi Anestiki,
Your links don't appear to be working. Are you not able to upload via the 'Add Images to our Post' link?
Welcome and hope you're having fun with your place.
John

M
Murph posted on Mon, Jun 21, 2010 4:47 PM

You might have to use a flash... I can't see a thing :D

Hurry and fix those links, I want to see your bar.
Follow the instructions to add images to your post, it's not hard.

Darilyn

A

Sorry for the delay in posting the pictures...I really shouldn't drink and post...

W

Nice place, I like the little wooden pagoda between the chairs. What is it exactly?

A

The pagoda is an aquarium from the 40's. I bought it on e-bay several months ago. I still have to clean it and fill it..,,

Blake

great looking room. what is the wicker chair by the peacock chair??

A

Both chairs and the table come from the Kahiki.

Blake

Welcome to TC Anestiki. Looks great, especially the "leaf-back" chair. I'm not real good at paying attention but I don't think I've seen one of those before.

Nice name - anesthesiologist?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2010 11:23 AM

You make GROG work hard. Definitely could use some FLASH photography.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-06-25 11:27 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2010 11:29 AM

Great-looking place. More (better) photos, por favor.

Thanks. I am an anesthesiologist in Ohio.

Blake

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2010 11:46 AM

GROG figured you weren't a professional photographer. :)

Only the best photos my iPhone can do

Nice looking place! Welcome to TC.

I agree that we need to send a pro photographer over. :wink:

S

Anesthesia = Rum

Very nice place! Thanks for getting the photos up.

That's much better. Welcome Anestiki. I'm a PICC nurse in CA.

Darilyn

I love this room! Fully stocked bar, tropical fountain, Tiki from floor to ceiling, it's a little tiki sanctuary.

A

Here are some more pictures of my room. Thanks for all of the positive feedback. Unfortunately, because it is a sun room it is difficult to see the room in its entirety in only one picture. Also, at night all of the lights give a nice glow that is hard to capture in a photo...

Bar Area

Bamboo lights over Bar (Bamboo from Kahiki, lights by TikiSkip

Wood Ceiling (designed to look like old ship...) with lights by Kahaka, Tiki Skip

Cutout around ceiling fan

Glass floats

New light by Kahaka

Kahaka lamp at night with green lightbulb

Wall with New guinea mask and spears from Samoa, Micronesia

Lamp by Monkeyman

Son Thomas with Dog Kinsey in front of new fountain

Looks great Blake. Are the starfish lamp hangers an original idea? I hadn't noticed anyone doing that before - either way it's a very nice touch.

I like those starfish hangers, too....and the hula Homers! :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 10:12 AM

Awesomey AWESOME!! A+++++

The little cutey pie in the chair is your best decoration in there.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-06-30 10:16 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 10:14 AM

Nice set of balls you got there.

Wow your place is awesome. RN in Cali...I build web-based training for nurses...but I can't frikken take a good picture myself...LOL. Grog got talent!!!

Love your furniture and your lighting...very inspirational!!! Welcome to TC.

L

The cut out around the ceiling fan is very cool! I also really like the starfish on the ceiling.

L

Wonderful stuff there...enjoyed the picture tour. And where'd you find those cute kids and the dog? :wink: Question re: your wicker. Did you paint the furniture black yourself? If so, regular spray paint, or ? I have a battered peacock chair that I've been hauling around with me for more than 30 years (yikes!) that either needs to go to the curb or be refurbished. I've decided I'm going to repair it but the original black accents are so faded out that I don't think a new coat of shellac will revive its appearance. I was thinking of just painting the whole thing black but want to be sure I could do it with your basic Krylon from Home Depot. Or does someone have a better idea? ~~Diane

K

Very nice! I love the unique touches like the starfish. You have some kick ass lights too.

M
Murph posted on Tue, Jul 6, 2010 5:56 PM

Beautiful! Great details. Love the Spencer's Moai lamps.

T

Awesome!!!! I really like the portholes on the ceiling, makes it look like the shipwreck is on its side and your bar is inside it :) Very cool details you have throughout, there's really a lot of thought in there!

T

Place is looking good.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2013-11-06 09:07 ]

B
Bau posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2010 5:08 PM

i realy love the look of this bar, all the hanging plants and things the fountain , the choice of material for the furnature , give it a very 'lush' atmosphere. the shipwreck ceiling is realy neat, its like a tikibar built in an old shipwreck that the jungle grew into :wink:

A

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll soon post some more pictures, especially the tikiskip lights.

Blake

A

It's been a while since I posted new photos of my Bahooka

Lights in bar at night (decahedron lamp came from estate sale of person who was voice of Snow White!)

I blocked out windows in bar with screens to give effect of looking out at moon on ocean...

Here is the original photo I took it from...

Here is a panoramic of the 4 windows

New hanging lamp from Chicago (Red Lava style lamp)

Moai keeping guard outside of tiki bar

Hula Homers blessing my latest cocktail at feet of Hawaiian god

More drinks in bar

I will add more photos as progress /evolution continues...

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jan 18, 2013 9:30 AM

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Looks great!

Just fantastic!

Looks like the perfect spot to relax n sip on rum

Great lamps! Love the moon!

Pardon my french but shit!!! You have some rad stuff. All those lamps and your chairs you scored from Kahiki. That porthole light on your ceiling is awesome :D. Im loving this as you can tell.

I could drink there.

Great job!

Awesome lamps! Really love that ships wreck wood treatment you did on your ceiling.

W

Love your Bahooka! Great atmosphere.

Chris

the lava rock chunk swag lamp looks great in it's new home- i believe i was the one you purchased that from. Did you ever get a chance to utilize the other 2 smaller table top ones ??

I also spy my luau lantern easter island head creation in the background....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2013-01-23 14:58 ]

Wish I could see this in real life...just awesome!!!

T

That is a cool light David.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2013-11-06 09:10 ]

Pages: 1 2 54 replies