Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

blank

Pages: 1 18 replies

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-04-08 13:23 ]

ADVIL. :D

pantyhose

Tickets?!! You gotta have tickets? Just kidding...I hope. I did the Paypal thing with Otto a few weeks ago. I guess the deal is I bring my E-mail conf & get stamped at the door (hand, wrist, forehead, whatever). Don't ferget yer pool toys. One thing I am leaving home this itme though is the BOOM BOX! Got kicked out of the Marriott 2 years ago in Chicago at 3:00AM for crankin' Steel Pulse a little too loud after a night of sampling the local watering holes. Man, you'd be surprised how fast you sober up when you're standing on the street of downtown Chicago in the middle of the night in March with all your luggage and no place to go. Brrrr. That's when you need Hunter's Attorney.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-05-08 13:25 ]

T

On 2003-05-08 11:07, Monkeyman wrote:

What else?

1)forceps
2)quart of 30 weight oil
3)handcuffs
4)cheese grater
5)car battery
6)electrical wire
7)butane torch
8)water dropper
9)coins from a now defunct eastern European nation
10) ab cruncher

C

Douglas Adams suggest that you never leave home without a towel, I concur. Especially after hearing about Baxdog and Iuka's experience backstage at Mondo.
Have fun everyone! Keep your pants rolled up
Chongolio Beeblebrox

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-05-08 16:08 ]

A ***damned sweater!! It's gonna be in the 60's and breezy on Friday night. How the hell am I supposed to run around in a bikini and lei when it's in the freakin' 60's??!! I liked it last year when there was warm cement under my feet at night.

T

Thanks for the pantyhose reminder. I don't want a repeat of last year!

:tiki:

M

what the heck would pantyhose be for?

Yes I already have my ticket

I will remember to bring a towel

Are there enough chairs and stuff like that?

I read earlier that unless its in a room you cannot drink your own alcohol?

Any room for recreational gear? Frisbees etc..

[i]I read earlier that unless its in a room you cannot drink your own alcohol?

Huh? Last year, I kept my stock in the room's mini-fridge and just went and refilled it whenever I ran dry by the pool. I HOPE that hasn't changed, lord lord!

F

I hear ya Ms. Dinette. On the bright side, We can look upon our poolside drink purchases from The Reef as revenue that will support the Caliente Tropics! I am looking forward to seeing that barspace up an running as a tikibar again. The last couple of years it was fenced off and that made me sad, but the cool old sign was still there. You know the drinks will be authentic!

The last time I was at the Reef bar, it was very 'Margaritaville.' That was about a year ago though. I'm sure Al and Ben will have it all back to the way it should be. Woohoo! My car's leavin' tomarrow!

Per Casey at the Tropics, Al and Ben have done a wonderful job even down to the colors.

My dream has come true......The "REEF" is now open for all Tiki Centralites !!!

On 2003-05-08 16:12, Monkeyman wrote:
what the heck would pantyhose be for?

For room 135!

Hey Monkeyman, are you a bouncer?

Pantyhose also comes in handy when you run out of money & you have to resort to robbing the local mini-mart so you can keep on partying. That's also where the squirtgun poking through you're jacket pocket can come in handy. Of course I'm not advocating this as a means of prolonging your fun. I've always been more inclined to just run up a bunch of debts on high interest loan shark credit cards & then figure out some sleezy way to write them off on next year's taxes. That's the American way!

P.S. - Any T.C. IRS agents out there should take this as nothing but pure grandstanding, bragging & bullshitting _ not an ounce of truth to it.

May you live long and prosper!

T

BEACH BALLS
Last year beach balls were a blast
more pool toys.
Buy drinks at the pool long live Caliente Tropics
Jo-Anns fabrics (got a tip from another thread)has the best TIKI beach balls that ever hit the earth on sale now $3.58
TIKIS
cocktails
flowers
every inch covered with TIKI somethin
The balls on Mars were a little better?

M

Quote "Are you a bouncer?"

This one goes out to all the bouncers. Big, big monkeyman (the Specials). Monkeyman was a name that I chose about 5 years ago when I was playing online videogames. When I came on board Tiki Central it seemed an appropriate name to stick with. I am not a particularly hulking guy nor I am very hairy.

I have been rockclimbing since I was 10 years old. I built roughly 10 treehouses in the area I lived in as a kid so I spent tons of time in the trees.

Climbing+Trees+Bizarre Sense of Self = Monkeyman

No I am not a bouncer.

Da Monkeyman

Monkyeman,

Do you have any stories of kids falling/jumping/being pushed out of your tree houses? My brother and I dared Tommy Fagin to jump out of ours (built in a huge willow tree-seems like it was 50 feet up. it was probably 15') and like a fool, He did it! On the way down though, he caught the clothesline with his chin, AND DID A 360' AROUND IT!

The rest is anti-climatic: He hit the ground and got the wind knocked out of him. My brother looked and me and said, "Don't tell Mom!"

I can recall two notable treehouses that we built.

One had about 6 different levels going up higher into the tree. Each level was smaller than the last. The bottom level could hold 6 people. The top could barely fit one. The tree was on a steep hill and to get into it you took this huge rope, walked up the hill and had to swing into the branches and hook one with your leg. That was a good one (for treeless Southern California)

Another notable one was in my freinds backyard. He had a trampoline too. It was my bright idea to jump out of the 20' tall tree house on to the tramp. Very cool.

The problem was controlling your exit trajectory after you bounced. If you hit it wrong you would fly OFF the tramp and into the dirt.

Those were true Monkeyman days.

Pages: 1 18 replies