Name:Lola Lo
Type:Bar/Club
Street:East St
City:Brighton
State:
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Lola Lo,located a hop skip and a jump from the beach and Brightons famous pier is a basement bar/ club designed and built by Cheekytiki.
The design is based on pin up Hula girl on Easter Island, with Moais throughout, Kava Kava men and Rapa nui inspired pieces.
There are two bars one being on the dancefloor flanked by light up moai and a Hibiscus flower ceiling feature.
There is a full menu of Tiki drinks served in awide range of unique mugs and bowls.

http://www.lolalobrighton.com

Boola birds are singing out their sweetest tune
In Hawaii
Sil'vry moon is shining on the old lagoon
In Hawaii

That's why I love to go
With lovin' Lola Lo
While we cuddle up in a little canoe

Sailing with my lonely Lola Lo
Where the Hawaiian lillies grow
While she whispers
Don't you go, don't you go
Don't you go from lonely Lola Lo

There's an old Hawaiian wedding tune
Hula hulas love to croon in June
Don't say Aloha, it makes me sigh
Aloha, it means goodbye
You'll want to come back
You'll want to come back
To your lonely Lola Lo

Banyan trees are softly swaying to and fro
In Hawaii
While the cooling south sea island breezes blow
In Hawaii

That waily weeding tune
Will ring out mighty soon
While I honeymoon with my honey in June

Sailing with my lonely Lola Lo
Where the Hawaiian lillies grow
While she whispers
Don't you go, don't you go
Don't you go from lonely Lola Lo

There's an old Hawaiian wedding tune
Hula hulas love to croon in June
Don't say Aloha, it makes me sigh
Aloha, it means goodbye
You'll want to come back
You'll want to come back
To your lonely Lola Lo

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2010-07-01 07:24 ]

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2010-07-01 13:33 ]

Another exercise in excellence by the Cheeky Tiki Team. What an experience it must be to step from the British Brighton reality into this tropical island paradise. Billy Butlin would have been impressed! And then to top it off with all that themed earthenware! Save me one of those Kava men bowls, please! And a Tiki Racer menu. Congrats everybody. America take heed!

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jul 1, 2010 7:20 AM

Very cool, Great job again cheeky tiki! Just one thing, correct the info on your first post. It says country: U.S.A.

Congratulations - great job! Have to go there...

I wanted to point out some of the intricacies of the design that might get lost when scrolling thru the images, so I lightened this one up a bit. (not necessarily improving image quality, but visibility):

The big Moai columns are cool, and I really dig the Bird-man petroglyphs on the booth walls!

Thanks all, here you go Sven

H
harro posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Holy sh%t guys! you've outdone yourselves again! The Rapa nui theme is something i'm especially fond of. i'm due a visit down to Brighton soon so i'll be sure to check this place out, hopefully can souvenir one of those awesome new mugs...
By the way, isnt it getting hard to keep up with all the tiki bars popping up in the UK these days!?

Wow, that's how to do it up new style. Gorgeous.

C

Fantastic, it's a shame we have no plans to travel further south than London this year. I so want the bowl cornered by moai guys, it's gorgeous! Love the straw holes in their heads.

So much new tiki in England - will it ever sneak north of Hadrain's Wall? doubts it

Bravo! You guys continue to raise the bar.
With all these great tiki/polynesian pop paradises
cheekytiki have created recently, it is well overdue for me to visit
my birthplace!

Hopefully you can do this sometime across the pond
at a new establishment in the states. finger crossed!

Velvets by J. Sallin

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-07-11 15:51 ]

H
harro posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 7:24 AM

Good: No probs entering in flip-flops and boardies straight from the beach.

Better: Moais, Rapa nui carvings and rongorongo everywhere you look.

Best: Happy hour half price drinks. £3-4 for a cocktail is amazing for this country. Well made and tasty while the bartenders have time to make them properly, but after it starts to get busy quality goes downhill. Maybe they'll iron this problem out with a bit more experience.

Brilliant: Moai mugs and bowls - absolutely excellent range of house mugs, I wish I could one of every one! The huge moai mug is enormous.

Bummer: The music is absolutely atrocious. I can't emphasise that enough. Be warned - get there early for happy hour and try to leave before the bad danceclub drivel gets cranked up to 11.

So all in all, well worth checking out - great job again Cheeky's!

Pages: 1 11 replies