Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I found this amazing aluminium MOai in Paris

Pages: 1 9 replies

V

MAhalo!
I live in Paris and a few weeks ago, I found this amazing Moai, at once baptized "MOMO the 1st". He is about 5 inches high and cast in aluminium, and quite big in our lounge!!!
THe funny side of this discovery, is that we found him in "le Marais" in Paris, le Marais is the Gay District of Paris, and one can find there real good shops, for both straitgh and gay people, fashion, decoration....I had to take my SUV to the front door of the shop that day, the streets in the neighborhood were closed to cars ( this is the "week ends for pedestrians" due to our Mayor Mr Delanoe) and ouy SUv in the middle of the crowd (which is quite dense during week ends !!) We then stopped in front of the shop. The manager had kind of "wrapped" it in some kind of plastic wrap and our tkit from Esater Island rather looked lijke a huge condom!!! and eveyone around was grinning and laughing as us, until we put "MOMO the 1st" in the back of the car!!!!
That was a really funny day.
Now he proudly surveys the appartment , and stand hieraticaly beside the TV SET!!!!

That was the story of Momo the 1st in Paris!

see more in our blog :
http://tahitiblues.blogspot.com/
and watch MOMO the 1st:

Mahalo

stephane

Stephane is a french architect, currently living in Paris France. He spent a couple of years in Tahiti, and wrote a travel guide with his better half Katy. They both work on a travel diary project (which did 'not find an editor yet...) about Tahiti. In th

[ Edited by: vanzac 2010-07-06 11:37 ]

I think you mean 5 feet, not 5 inches!

maybe he's a little person....
and lives in a dollhouse or something....

Great find!
Hail Momo!

Momo is awesome - great find!

c'est magnifique!

Stephane, congrats on that major find! Tikis are not easily found in Paris, so to find one this size and quality is amazing! But that is hopefully gonna change slowly, I hope you saw the Tiki Tribe exhibit, and I am working on something too.
Sven

On 2010-07-06 12:12, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
I think you mean 5 feet, not 5 inches!

There was a rock band that had that problem with a Stonehenge prop once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY

T

What if the recycling companies on Easter Island compressed all the aluminum cans into these moais?

T

Love that Moai! :)

DZ

If that moai is actually 5 feet tall, it's got to be pretty heavy! I've got a cast aluminum ku that weighs more than 3 pounds and it's only 6 inches tall & 2 1/2 inches across. What does MOMO tip the scales at?

Pages: 1 9 replies