Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki Joe's Ocean wins Exotica Album of the Year at the 2011 Hawaii Music Awards! p.6

Pages: 1 2 3 96 replies

UPDATED NOTE: As of Aug.7th, 2010, the NEW CD is on sale! For song samples, bio & to purchase - http://www.tikijoesocean.com

Tiki Joe’s Ocean is Back!

On the new Exotica/Latin/Lounge CD entitled “Under the Midnight Sun” we've got –

Dave “Squid” Cohen on Drums & Percussion

Mark Riddle on the vibraphone

Paris’ Theremin virtuoso Jimmy Virani

Seattle's Hawaiian/Lap Steel guitar legend Jack Aldrich

Maui’s Cudra Clover on Flute

JC Harris on Upright Bass

and making his Exotica debut is guitarist supremas Alika Lyman,

great-nephew to Arthur Lyman.

On sale Sat. Aug 7th!

Mahalo~

Andy / Tiki Joe's Ocean
http://www.tikijoesocean.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2010-07-28 17:50 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2011-02-15 00:49 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2011-07-14 23:37 ]

H
hombre posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2010 7:37 PM

Can't wait. Always enjoy your work!

RB

Woo-hoo, can't wait!

WOW!!!! An All-Star line-up!

This is going to be gooood! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

awesome possum!

Yeah, this should be good!

Keep us updated - my money is yours!

Hi Andy, is it August 7th yet? see ya at Oasis brother!

[ Edited by: kustomtiki 2010-07-08 20:11 ]

Thanks, fellas! I do believe you will enjoy it.

Hope to put up some shots of some of the guest musicians soon. Back to the studio...

Cheers~

Andy

I ALSO HEARD OVER THE GRAPEVINE......
that an Internationally acclaimed artist
will be creating the cover art and stuff
for this long-awaited masterpiece....

Can't Wait!
:)

Looking forward to it! I was just bemoaning the fact that my stash o' Tiki music is lame, lame, LAME (in that I don't have enough of it - and I can't just listen to Xmas Xotica all the time!)

SWEET ~ I'm needing my Tiki Joe's Ocean fix!!
Cant Wait!
C U @ Oasis!!

Sounds terrific, Andy! I loved your first CD and promise that if you send me a copy of the new one I will play it my on Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge radio show.

In due time, LLT... :)
Thanks Regan! Hope to see you soon!
Mahalo, Scott. See youz soon too, man.
Dr. Zarkov - It's a deal.

Here are some shots of the guest musicians, as promised...

Mr. Jimmy Virani, International Theremin Virtuoso. 'nuff said!

Mr. Jack Aldrich, the NW's Big Kahuna of the Lap steel/Hawaiian guitar. The sounds that this man came up with. Wonderful.

And Mr. Alika Lyman, great-nephew to Arthur, completely steals the show on a few songs. He's WAY ahead of the game with his skills.

Needless to say, I think most of you know the likes of Dave "Squid" Cohen & Mark Riddle/Marty Lush, so you know their kissers & their crazy talents.
JC Harris, upright bass- forgot to take a pic, but here's his link - http://www.jchmusic.com/
and Cudra Clover sent her tracks from Maui. But you can catch her cool shows at http://cudraclover.podomatic.com/

It was fun and a true honor to record with these amazing musicians.
Mahalo to them and to you all for your support~

More info coming soon~!

Cheers

Andy/Tiki Joe's Ocean

NEW CD COMING AUGUST 7th...
"UNDER THE MIDNIGHT SUN"
Pre-sale starts end of July...

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2010-07-21 18:17 ]

Awesome Lineup Andyman!!!

On 2010-07-21 19:15, little lost tiki wrote:
Awesome Lineup Andyman!!!

Same to you, man...

For the cover:

"Under the Midnight Sun"
by Ken Ruzic

Mahalo LLT!

-Andy
NEW CD on sale August 7th
Presale starting soon!

i like it!
:)

but that's pretty biased to say that!

Let's see what it looks like with type!

CD art with text coming soon!

Pre-sale starts this Friday the 30th for shipping prior to the August 7th release date!

Mahalo~
Andy

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2010-07-30 17:33 ]

pretty stinkin exciting! I cant wait. congrats on all you have accomplished AND chaising after the rug rats. Youre super human.

RB

In my best Homer Simpson voice: "Mmmmmmm...pre-sale...aaaaaaaahhhh (drooling)"

I was ignorant about the Theremin, can't wait to hear it on the CD. I played the trombone back before the Ice Age - a little similar in that there are no "stops" on the slide, you have to adjust pitch as you play

TODAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mahalo Dawn (very sweet of you), Rum Balls (nice impression!), Mike (great trombone/Theremin analogy- totally agree) & LLT (thanks, mang!)

Mike- you can hear Virani's Theremin on the website in the song "HAWAII BLUE." There's a few other song samples there to give you a feel for the entire "Under the Midnight Sun" CD.

While on that subject, the website is now fully UPDATED (Thank You Fabulous Web-mistress Von Animous!) with a new bio, logo & the afore mentioned song samples. Check it out! http://www.tikijoesocean.com

Here is the final CD cover with text (Art courtesy Mr. Ken Ruzic and text via Dave "Squid" Cohen - thanks fellas!!!)

And PRE-SALE for "Under the Midnight Sun" starts TODAY!
Get yours now to listen to on the official release date- next Sat the 7th!

Cheers!

Andy/ Tiki Joe's Ocean

"UNDER THE MIDNIGHT SUN" is now in our possession and for those of you who pre-ordered yours before 2pm Pacific today (Wed. Aug 4th), your copy has been mailed and is on it's way!

West Coast people - you can still order yours by 2pm Pacific tomorrow (Thurs. Aug 5th) for a chance at getting it by the official release date, this Saturday the 7th!

Thanks for all the pre-orders everyone! Enjoy~!

Andy

RB

Thanks the reminder for this slacker...CD has been ordered...can't wait!

On 2010-08-05 06:41, Rum Balls wrote:
Thanks the reminder for this slacker...CD has been ordered...can't wait!

On it's way, Paul! Thanks!

-Andy

T

It was a real treat to find my copy of this CD in the mailbox last night, and I was even more pleased when I popped it into the player...

I really dig this album, from the cover art to the rich instrumental play and fast-paced rhythm in every track. Each contributing element comes through with great depth and crystal clarity. Especially love the other worldliness of the theremin in "Islands in Orbit", as well as the percussion and lushness (yes, Marty Lush-ness) throughout.

Thanks, Andy, for another wonderful composition, finely expressed through a superb ensemble of talented musicians.

Tom

[ Edited by: TikiTomD 2010-08-07 07:19 ]

Andy,Got mine yesterday and it's awesome,fine work my friend,very enjoyable listen with a cocktail in hand,See ya at Oasis!

Thanks so much, Tom. Yeah, Jimmy Virani's Theremin on "Islands in Orbit" is the soul of that song. Very happy you enjoy it!

John, thanks alot, man. Looking forward to FINALLY meeting you! See ya soon!

...and a Happy Official CD Release day!

Cheers!
Andy

RB

Despite slacking off on ordering, my CD arrived in the mail Saturday :)

In a word: "Wow!" Amazing songwriting and playing, and great guests. First listen has been in a less-than-tiki environment (in a minivan doing errands), so tonight I'll listen outside on the Aloha Deck with a rum drink in hand.

Thanks, Paul! I'll be there next Tiki Kon- heard it was a total blast!
Cheers~
Andy

Looking forward to getting your CD in person Andy!!

See you at Oasis!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2010-08-13 11:12, Jeff Central wrote:
Looking forward to getting your CD in person Andy!!

See you at Oasis!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff!
Got your "Live at the Kahiki" LP in the mail just before we left,
but was unable to hear it (lousy time constraints) !
Gonna be a perfect welcome home audio experience!
See you soon!!

Mahalo~!
Andy

Listened to the new CD for 2 hours on the way home and it ROCKS!!!!! Well, maybe "rocks" is a rather harsh term for such a melodic, relaxing groove :) Bravo - Well done!

I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of praise. This is the strongest Tiki Joe CD yet. If you've been hesitating to buy any of these, now would be a good time to jump in ... C'mon in, the water's fine!

K

I'm importing this to my iTunes now. I bought all 3 CDs in one shot, because I liked what I heard on both Koop Kooper's Cocktail Nation and Digitiki's Quiet Village. The latest one I had to put in the track names by hand but that's a small price to pay to listen to this music.

W

Got mine today! Love it, especially Quiet Voyage!

Mike- Thanks, man. Marathon session of listening! Great to finally meet you and that $1,000,000 smile of yours. Keep it spinning!
QVI - Mahalo for your age old support of TJO. Will you accept the post as President of Sweden's Tiki Joe's Ocean fanclub?! :) ALOHA!
Kodyax- Thanks for grabbing the entire catalogue at once!!! Enjoy!
WestADad- Thank you! Happy you dig "Quiet Voyage." I LOVE Squid's drummingon that one. Smooooooooooooooth.......

Thanks so much everyone! You've helped with the success of this project tremendously.
CHEERS~!
Andy & the musicians of TJO.

I just want to add my voice to the chorus of praise for "Under The Midnight Sun." I picked up a copy at Tiki Oasis and it's one of those records that immediately made it into heavy rotation. I can listen to it on repeat over and over again. A great record.

Next up, I'm going back and getting the Christmas record.

kevin

T

Hi Andy....Just finished listening to the cd and love it! Here it is framed and up on the wall along with "Kinnys" artwork.Thanks again for the great album.............

heylownine- Thanks so much! Happy to hear it's in heavy rotation. The Christmas CD was a platform (Latin music-wise) for the latest one, so I think you'll really enjoy it. Here's a thread from it & thanks again! -
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34646&forum=12&hilite=christmas

Tiki-Tim- Cool!!! So glad you love the album. Honored to be placed next to that awesome Yma album. Your framer did a terrific job- looks stellar! Thanks so much again for your huge support from the start, Tim!

& Happy Labor Day - TJO musicians labored just for you! :)

Cheers~!
Andy

TIKI JOE'S OCEAN's ‘Under the Midnight Sun’ “VIDEO” from the new CD....

Australian friend of Tiki Joe’s Ocean, Rohan, who goes by the handle “Careless Navigator,”
put together a nice video recalling the night when Shag came to town last month
for an event held at the stunning Boyd House in a suburb of Melbourne.
He asked to use “Under the Midnight Sun,” the lead-off track on the new Exotica/Latin/Lounge project
and he honored the musicians of TJO with a video capturing the feel of the evening within this classic mid-century pad.
Check it out here on his terrific website -
http://carelessnavigator.com/adventures-in-paradise/2010/09/cn-goes-to-a-mid-century-soiree-at-the-walsh-st-boyd-house/
Cheers~
Andy

The all new ExoticaLatinLounge CD
on sale now!
Click the CD for song samples~

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2010-09-10 08:31 ]

That's very cool, I really dig the black and white still pictures between the video clips,and the music is perfect to set the mood,well done!

B

How awesome! That house is AMAZING but the music is what sold it! Great pairing!

I didn't realize how popular you are all over the world! Congrats.

The new CD is my favorite so far Andy - it's got a lot of texture and I enjoy the guest musicians as well. The theramin(sp?) is so eary-sounding - I would not have thought to add it to Exotica but it brings out the mystical side of Tiki music. I'm sure glad I got my copy early on - I hear you ran out there for a while! Excellent!

"Something, something, something, Dark Side, something, something."

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2010-09-12 18:39 ]

RB

Just what I needed to see...a video of a cool place & party that I wasn't invited to! At least I have the music... :)

John- Thanks pally! I really like the b&w's, too. Great mix of media. Love to the family!
Mahalo Regan- Agreed, Virani's theremin certainly adds a whole new mood to the songs he's in. Very happy to have him with TJO on this one.
And yeah, you must be talking about leaving Oasis with one single "demo" copy on hand. Very cool thing to have happen. Thank you Taboo Island!
Paul- hahaha. I feel the same way. Would've been great to have been at that one! Hope you get a few more listenings on the Aloha Deck before Summer ends!

CHEERS~!
Andy

That great home is bathed in the Tiki Joe's Ocean and awash in Midnight Sunlight! Beautiful, thanks for sharing Andy :)

hahaha. Right on, Mike. Thanks, buddy! :)
-Andy

just listened to it today again...
Love it still!

Especially Andy's shredding METAL guitar solo
with the wah-wah pedal on #3!
Hendrix look out!
:lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 96 replies